Community Member

Default Ticket system not working (bugged)

Hello,

About two weeks ago, at start of Night Revels, I tried to post a bug report [ticket]... describe the bug, fill out all the extra fields, be advised you need to verify bug/tiecket report via email, log into email and finally receive the following message:

standingstonegames.zendesk.com refused to connect.

Today, I again tried to post a ticket using the same long-winded method and received the same message. Excellent.

(1) My Question (possible bug)

New character, lvl 9 [Wiz 7 / Art 2, level 1 in Art] is using INQUISITIVE Tree. Tier One ability CONJURE BOLTS is only producing +1 Bolts at character level 9. I have read the description on DDOWIKI [Conjure Bolts page originally created for the Artificer class]. Should I be creating +3 bolts, +2 bolts or +1 bolts at level 9?

THANK YOU.

(2) Why not simply revert to old Ticket system that worked rather than creating a more complicated [convoluted] system that doesn't function? May I humbly suggest you revert back to old Ticket system and only release newer [convoluted] Ticket system when it actually functions?

Have a nice day!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    (1) My Question (possible bug)

New character, lvl 9 [Wiz 7 / Art 2, level 1 in Art] is using INQUISITIVE Tree. Tier One ability CONJURE BOLTS is only producing +1 Bolts at character level 9. I have read the description on DDOWIKI [Conjure Bolts page originally created for the Artificer class]. Should I be creating +3 bolts, +2 bolts or +1 bolts at level 9?
    I can only answer this part myself, but as per the description of the ability ("Conjures a stack of 1000 bolts for use with a crossbow. These bolts have a +1 enhancement bonus. These bolts dissolve into nothingness after logout."), the Inquisitive Conjure Bolts enhancement is meant to create +1 Bolts regardless of character level. Please note that the DDO Wiki is an unofficial fanmade and fan-maintained wiki that is not always indicative of intended or accurate game mechanics.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Thanks for the answer, Lynnabel

Community Member

Conjure Bolt in Wiki says about Artificer's spell(one of general spells), not SLA version of Conjure Bolt. Even Inquisitor's SLA description says it creates only +1 bolts. Most of SLA in wiki is described in the pages where you can get from - for example: Archmage SLA for Archmage enhancement tree page. Energy burst for Draconic Incarnation page.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Please note that the DDO Wiki is an unofficial fanmade and fan-maintained wiki that is not always indicative of intended or accurate game mechanics.
    While 100% true, it is also true that the Wiki makes every effort to base its articles and information firstly on Official DDO Release notes*, then on Developers' comments in these forums and on livestream, and then also on in-game observations - and in roughly that order, when/if possible.

(* Copy/paste from the release notes is often the first draft of many articles.)

That's not to say that some over-enthusiastic and ignorant fan can't throw some complete misconceptions into the mix, and then for that to go unobserved and uncorrected - it's happened before, and won't be the last, that's the nature of any such body of information. But for the most part, it's pretty faithful to game mechanics, and tries to make clear when otherwise.

(And speaking of that, as an editor, we always welcome critiques of mis-information or articles that are misleading, contradictory or confusing. Even if "you" have no interest in editing, someone will. )