Default Suggested KoTC revamp for Paladin

Knight of the Chalice renamed to Untreated Evil, even though it's not an actual kit or thing in dnd/pnp

Untreated Evil
    CORE
    Banisher of Evil - You gain +2 to attack and damage against evil creatures every 4 levels. Your attacks against all creatures deal 2d6 light damage every 3 levels. You gain +4 saves against spells from evil creatures. Your light damage is scaled by 125% melee power.
    Courage of Heaven - You gain a sacred bonus to saves based on paladin level divided by two. You gain an additional +1 to hit every 3 levels. Your attacks now deal 2d8 damage.
    Banisher of Evil II - It is now increased to +3 to attack and damage against evil creatures every 4 levels. Your attacks now deal 3d8 light damage.
    Holy Strike - Shares a cooldown with Smite Evil, but you gain quadruple your charisma bonus to hit and damage based on your paladin level. It also deals 10d10 light damage. Cooldown of 30 seconds, max 5 charges. Your attacks now deal 5d8 light damage.
    Banisher of Evil III - It is now increased to +4 to attack and damage every 5 character levels.
    The Holy Knight - You gain +4 charisma, strength and constitution, +25 melee power, your attacks now deal 10d12 light damage, scaling by 150% melee power and your weapon is considered good. Your aura now grants a 6% increase to damage for those with the good alignment wielding melee weapons.

TIER ONE
    Extra Turning - You acquire additional uses of turns per rest, +2/4/6.
    Divine Might/Divine Presence - Channel Divinity: You gain an Insight bonus to Strength equal to your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds. (Activation Cost: 1 use of Turn Undead. Cooldown: 20 seconds)/Channel Divinity: You gain an Insight bonus to damage and tactical dc's equal to your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds. (Activation Cost: 1 use of Turn Undead. Cooldown: 20 seconds)
    Vow to the Gods - You gain additional uses of remove disease, smite evil and holy strike, +1/2/3.
    For the flame! - For every user in your aura, they gain 2d8 light damage and +3 bonus to hit and damage against evil creatures.
    Smite Reloaded - Smite now returns at the rate at one every 40 seconds.

TIER TWO
    Improved Turning - You turn a few levels higher than normal +1/2/3 and gain +2/4/6 to the hit dice turned.
    s
    Rally up! - Remove fear debuffs from nearby allies. You and the allies affected gain +2/4/6 to Will Saves vs. Fear effects and a +2/3/5 Morale Bonus to Attack and Damage for 30 seconds. Cooldown of 2 minutes.
    Holy Cleave - Make a sweeping attack for +2/3/4[W] damage. Shares cooldown with Cleave feat.
    Mighteous - Activate to gain a +4/7/10 bonus to hit and +3/5/7 bonus to melee power for 15 seconds. 6 charges, with 30 second cooldown.

TIER THREE
    Improved Restoration - Your remove disease now applies Lesser Restoration/Restoration/Greater Restoration to your target.
    Holy Ritual - This attack deals an additional +.5/1/2[W] and an extra +4d6/6d6/10d6 light damage. This costs 15 spell points and a charge of smite evil.
    Restore - +30 healing amplification and -30 negative healing amplification.
    Exalted Cleave - Holy Cleave now grants +1/1/2 to the critical damage multiplier and 0/1/1 to the critical threat range.
    Charisma or Strength - +1 Charisma or +1 Strength

TIER FOUR
    Censure Demons - You gain 'On Vorpal: Your attack stuns Chaotic Evil outsiders for 5 seconds making them helpless.'
    Passion - Your Divine Sacrifice ability now gains 'On Hit: Gain 1/2/3[W] for 10 seconds if you strike an evil outsider or undead.
    Restore - Additionally gain 50 healing amplification and suffer 50 negative healing amplification.
    Empowered Smite - Holy Cleave or Smite Evil now grant +5/10/15 melee power for 8 seconds. This ability has a 30 second cooldown.
    Charisma or Strength - +1 Charisma or +1 Strength

TIER FIVE
    Censure Outsiders - Censure Demons now applies on any Chaotic or Evil outsider. In addition, you also gain 15 melee power and 10 PRR.
    Retribution - Melee Channel Divinity: Executes 3 powerful holy strikes against all targets around you (same AoE as Cleave) that deals +1/+3/+5[W] damage. On Damage: Evil creatures with less than 1,000 HP have a 50%/75%/100% chance to be forced to make a Will save (DC 10 + Paladin Level + Charisma Mod) or be destroyed. On a successful save, the affected creatures take 100 holy damage from this attack as well as -6 to all ability scores for ten seconds. (Cooldown: 6 seconds) This ability also recharges one Smite Evil.
    Lead the way! - Allies around you additionally gain 15 melee power and 10 sheltering by the gods for 8 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    Avenging Cleave - Make a cleave attack against all enemies for +2/3/5[W], this is doubled if your target has recently attacked an ally. Your target gains 3 stacks of vulnerability. Shares cooldown with Great Cleave.
    Life Insurance - You are immune to energy drain.

Why these changes?
    It is a subpar tree and needs a remastery compared some of the other trees like Druid that was updated. If this tree needs revamping, please let me know (AP IS NOT SET UP, DO NOT ASK FOR AP SET UP, THANKS). Note: this will seem overpowered or overbalanced, but it isn't (:

Please leave comments (:
    Last edited by kelavas; 10-23-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

There was a discussion in the paladin forum about KOTC earlier this year. Couple of extra suggestions here. Add divine presence for charisma based builds. Also I think Rally should be changed to provide the strength domain or war domain channel divinity abilities.
    Grundable Slamhammer (R10 Tank) - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    There was a discussion in the paladin forum about KOTC earlier this year. Couple of extra suggestions here. Add divine presence for charisma based builds. Also I think Rally should be changed to provide the strength domain or war domain channel divinity abilities.
    Updated, also checked it out. Don't know how it should provide a bonus to a domain it does not equal. Paladin levels don't get domains.
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    Updated, also checked it out. Don't know how it should provide a bonus to a domain it does not equal. Paladin levels don't get domains.
    I know paladins don't get domains; however, they could get granted a domain granted ability through an enhancement. There are some character options like that for 3.5 so it could work. The scaling might have to be changed to key off religious lore feats instead of class level though.
    Grundable Slamhammer (R10 Tank) - Argonnessen

I like playing Paladins in D&D in general and my main gripe with them I have in DDO is they basically have 3 trees, 1 of which is dps and the other 2 are basically tanks.

First we need to delete either Vanguard and Sacred Defender and remodel the remaining one as this is the first problem. Secondly KotC needs some polish, with the main focus to take things into Epic level to be viable.

This will then give us a new 3rd tree that can be used as either a pure DPS tree or some hanging fruit to support the tanking one. Alternatively the new tree could be for either a ranged Holy Paladin build or caster Tree. (Caster tree needs to gain either new abilities and/orc buff CC to existing/new spells)