Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default Conduit of Soul's Divine Augmentation not for druids?

    Dear dev-type individuals:

    Short Version: Shouldn't Conduit of the Soul's +2 Divine Augmentation work for druids?

    Longer Version: I've noticed as a druid that when I get whacked by a quell, I suffer the effects of intercession which by definition "prevents a target from being able to use Divine spells and spell-like abilities". All druid spells are disabled, including all of my offensive spells. I'm not complaining, it's a fun element of the game that I need to prepare and strategize for.

    However, if druids suffer the same disadvantage divine spells suffer from, I think druids should also benefit from the items as well? Specifically, the Conduit of Soul's +2 Divine Augmentation? Is this working as intended?
    Last edited by Tchtutax; 10-17-2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Edits for easier reading

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,122

    Default

    iirc there were some reports that divine augmentation does not work at all.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Yeah, I think I remember that on Lammania too. I just don't think it got on the dev's radar at any point. This is my second attempt.

  4. #4
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    This effect increments anything with the "Divine" Effect.SpellLevelModifierFlags. Upon further inspection, I'm not actually 100% sure any spells actually... use... that flag... hmmm...

    This is now on a larger to-do list, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  5. #5
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This effect increments anything with the "Divine" Effect.SpellLevelModifierFlags. Upon further inspection, I'm not actually 100% sure any spells actually... use... that flag... hmmm...

    This is now on a larger to-do list, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Is says caster level, that's something else then spell level.

    From wiki:
    Your caster level (CL) is the level in your casting class, thus it may be different from your character level in the case of a multiclass character.
    Many spells have a maximum caster level, i.e., when your caster level increases beyond the spell maximum, the spell effect does not increase anymore.

    So if a pure class puts that item on... no benefit at all unless they have invested into some way to increase their max caster level or cast a spell without a max caster level.
    Btw, hovering over a spell icon on your hotbar when having this item equipped... its dc won't go up by two because of this item.

  6. #6
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This effect increments anything with the "Divine" Effect.SpellLevelModifierFlags. Upon further inspection, I'm not actually 100% sure any spells actually... use... that flag... hmmm...

    This is now on a larger to-do list, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Are there immediate plans to put in place a dozen or so Divine Augmentation items ranging form ML 1 all the way on up to ML 29 the way Arcane Augmentation does?

    If not, how about you just change "Arcane Augmentation" to "Spell Augmentation" on all the existing items, and make them work on all spells? itemization ignoring caster divines has been an on-going issue for many years. One item, even if not broken, doesn't fix that. A change to a universal spell augmentation would help a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

  7. #7
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Many spells have a maximum caster level, i.e., when your caster level increases beyond the spell maximum, the spell effect does not increase anymore.
    Their damage does not increase any more, anyway. A damage cap is not the same as the caster level not increasing.

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    So if a pure class puts that item on... no benefit at all unless they have invested into some way to increase their max caster level or cast a spell without a max caster level.
    They get the benefit of a higher caster level. Which means higher spell penetration against enemies with spell resistance. (Also more resistant to dispels, and better at dispelling enemies. Or better at opening locked doors.)

    You are correct that casting a damage-capped pure damage spell doesn't get a benefit. But many DC casters could find the extra spell penetration useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Btw, hovering over a spell icon on your hotbar when having this item equipped... its dc won't go up by two because of this item.
    Of course not. It's not supposed to. Why would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This effect increments anything with the "Divine" Effect.SpellLevelModifierFlags. Upon further inspection, I'm not actually 100% sure any spells actually... use... that flag... hmmm...

    This is now on a larger to-do list, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    I had been trying to farm for this for my FvS multiclass setup; guess there's no rush to continue on that for now.

  9. #9
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchtutax View Post
    However, if druids suffer the same disadvantage divine spells suffer from, I think druids should also benefit from the items as well? Specifically, the Conduit of Soul's +2 Divine Augmentation?
    Since Druids cast divine spells, that would make sense. However, the arcane equivalent, "Arcane Augmentation", only works on spells on the Wiz/Sorc list. Bard/Artificer/Warlock spells, all of which are also arcane spells, that aren't also on the Wiz/Sorc list, don't benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

  10. #10
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I had been trying to farm for this for my FvS multiclass setup; guess there's no rush to continue on that for now.
    Fun fact, the only spells that are marked as Divine are the FvS Beacon of Hope SLAs, so your milage may vary :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Fun fact, the only spells that are marked as Divine are the FvS Beacon of Hope SLAs, so your milage may vary :P
    Does that include Flame of the Favored?


  12. #12
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Fun fact, the only spells that are marked as Divine are the FvS Beacon of Hope SLAs, so your milage may vary :P
    Until then, would it be possible to apply to marked as !Arcane? If that is even possible i doubt Ranger casters would pull ahead because of this :P

  13. #13
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Of course not. It's not supposed to. Why would it?
    The discussion going on appeared to me as mixing up spell level, caster level, max caster level, difficulty check and possibly spell penetration.
    I see some claims as an item not working but no indication how they came to that conclusion and kinda underlined by Lyn as she's pointing in a different direction (where there is a different dumpster fire all together).
    So pointing out what should and what should not be affected as trying to be helpful here, that's all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload