Community Member

Default Spectral Warhammer and Great Axe

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows why the spectral warhammer and great axe have pierce damage instead of bludgeoning and slashing respectively. Is that intentional, is that just a wrong description or bug all together?

Pretty pictures to follow..

Quote Originally Posted by TheLynx View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows why the spectral warhammer and great axe have pierce damage instead of bludgeoning and slashing respectively. Is that intentional, is that just a wrong description or bug all together?

Pretty pictures to follow..

This is a bug, and will be fised in an upcoming patch.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Thanks Steelstar. Just to confirm is it the display that's currently a bug, or that it's doing the wrong type of damage at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    Thanks Steelstar. Just to confirm is it the display that's currently a bug, or that it's doing the wrong type of damage at the moment?
    I can confirm the axe is doing piercing damage. Not so great vs. zombies.
    Cilon can be found on Orien.

Community Member

It actually kinda makes sense...they're Spectral weapons, they're immaterial...they pierce right through your corporeal form

I'd say you could even make them some exotic damage type like Force or Unholy...but after Celestia I know that entirely nonphysical damage on a weapon is replete with issues, so I wont ask for that lol

Will we need to reacquire those or will they be retroactively fixed?
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Will people have to re-obtain or will existing items be fixed? Thanks for the reply
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

From past item fixes I would guess this will be fixed as-is.

Weapon stats in the red circles from previous bug-fixes seem to be able to be fixed or changed with the item staying in your inventory. Changes to the enhancements such as the ghostbane or superior vorpal effects in the visual example have in the past forced players to re-acquire the item. Since the issue is the base weapon damage... again from past experience I would think they can make that change with the item remaining in your inventory.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Weapon stats in the red circles from previous bug-fixes seem to be able to be fixed or changed with the item staying in your inventory. Changes to the enhancements such as the ghostbane or superior vorpal effects in the visual example have in the past forced players to re-acquire the item. Since the issue is the base weapon damage... again from past experience I would think they can make that change with the item remaining in your inventory.
    100% correct :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Default Awesome news

Thanks everyone, I see the developers are aware of the issue. I personally am planning a warhammer build and it's good to know I don't have to reaquire them after the patch.

On a different note, this is my first Night revels and it is a blast. Thanks to the devs for the good work !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    100% correct
    Is it possible that in the future we might get some more weapons that do non-standard damage (either in addition to their normal type or instead of), there is a complete lack of 2handed weapons that do piercing damage (currently just a few Qstaffs and the spectral greataxe that will be fixed some time in the future), something like a 'Pickaxe' "actual a greatclub, Gaxe, or maul" that does piercing damage or a Gsword that does piercing and slashing would be neat.

I know DR/Peircing is much rarer than bludgeoning/slashing but there are things like Rakshasa (DR Good + Piercing) and some spiders (Crimsonfoot, and IIRC Ancient Arachnids from Trial by Fire) so having at least one or two 2 handed weapons that deal with them would be neat, especially if either show up again in newer content where DR tends to be much higher (compare old content 10-30ish on elite, new content DR can be anywhere from 30 to 200).