DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 575 - Update 43 Review

Arkat joins us this week to discuss this week’s game news and to review Update 43!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you’d like us to answer, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our Patreon page! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

Game News - 3:30
    Community News - 27:42
    Lightning Post - 34:02
    Update 43 Review - 36:54

Watch shows live at twitch.tv/ddocast

Update 43 Patch 1 Release Notes
    DDO Chronicle 354
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

I enjoyed update 43, though Finding Dorris was long-winded & I found it very easy to get lost in there - maybe some signposts in the village bit, or just some house numbers that wouldn't be too intrusive but which would aid navigation without being out of place lore-wise would be a big improvement.

Loot-wise, there's some solid stuff & while you singled out the sickle as being unusual, I think it's rather nice, you were concentrating on druid but my mind immediately went to swashbuckling, which adds +2 threat & +1 multiplier, making them 18-20/x3 or 16-20/x3 with IC:slash & you can add swords to plowshares on top of that to boost it further - also, as a swashbuckler you'll likely take perfect SWF for the double vorpal range meaning the limbchopper effect is proccing twice as often too, making the legendary version a very solid bit of kit.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post

Loot-wise, there's some solid stuff & while you singled out the sickle as being unusual, I think it's rather nice, you were concentrating on druid but my mind immediately went to swashbuckling, which adds +2 threat & +1 multiplier, making them 18-20/x3 or 16-20/x3 with IC:slash & you can add swords to plowshares on top of that to boost it further - also, as a swashbuckler you'll likely take perfect SWF for the double vorpal range meaning the limbchopper effect is proccing twice as often too, making the legendary version a very solid bit of kit.
    Does Limbchopper work on Red and Purple-named bosses?

If so, you'd have a VERY solid argument for why The Hook could be well-worth using.

If not, I'd rather SWF with Reflection of Whelm and the Gauntlets of the Stormreaver. Vorpaling on a 19-20 with those can be pretty devastating.
    Last edited by Arkat; 10-15-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Does Limbchopper work on Red and Purple-named bosses?

If so, you'd have a VERY solid argument for why The Hook could be well-worth using.

If not, I'd rather SWF with Reflection of Whelm and the Gauntlets of the Stormreaver. Vorpaling on a 19-20 with those can be pretty devastating.
    Don't think limbchopper works on bosses, but there's still a load of annoying orange named it should work well on, particularly good if they're champions. Also, you can't swashbuckle with whelm :P
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Also, you can't swashbuckle with whelm :P
    True, but you can PSWF. Weapon Speed + PSWF (and over 3,000 Hit Points) are the keys to my Whelm + Gauntlets toon.

I'll give Swashbuckling + Hook a look, though.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome