Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I fight with a short sword in real life and I'm really attached to them.

Ideally, Shortswords have a home in Ninja Spy (and Swash), but honestly that tree needs a lot of help. There is a lot of open space in the top and not a lot of reasons to go deep into it. I feel like all of the monk trees really suffer from a "too many buttons that don't do anything and not enough places to sink points into" problem that tends to surround a lot of our... crunchier... classes. Ninja Spy is meant to be a sort of throwing/melee hybrid, but unlike Deepwood Stalker there just isn't enough good meat on the bones.

I also would love to see VKF open up to Kukris, even if only to reach the offhand strike chance parity that pushes daggers over the edge. No promises, though
    Kukris make perfect sense since they are knives after all.

I would also like to see more support for old favorite class/enhancement trees.

Actually Scimitars added to rogue weaponry and a build with scimitar/kukri with special bonuses to wield small weapon at off hand that would worth it would be tasty. Also something for Clubs and Great clubs...Do we have throwing clubs ? No ?...K... (instead of Knights training/I aint knight; precision and two long swords/Battle axe or Two Maces...)

Assasins and Acrobats (Nothing to Mechanics...Clickdy shoos !) also Warchanter may be even for Spellsingers (Not fer ye Swash!) could get T5/lvl 12 character your BAB is equal to your level. (Warchanter lvl 18 is a parody. No real passive fighting bonuses to warchanter but to swash is parody) (Assasin and Warchanter toggle stances could get more love)

Not everyone wishes to play as a CyBork with a Robochicken pet and Parkinson arm.

(Eldricht knight allready got that plus the force cleaves and spellsword and shied bonuses, and melee power+ spell power and +2 dc to schools and extra + to hit and damage...Goes on and on... Five levels of wizard extra 60 hp from Pale and Eldricht, Zombie form, wraith form, %100 fort and...sigh ...OMG somebody stop that wizhard please...Good revamp there dear Developers...)

So, this or that class is not meant to be full BAB and all is history (I wont even name this one goldilocks class and Two other Universal trees with double dragon style and meants to be caster class that can shapechange to White husky getting the fastest attack, movement and cleave bonuses. Another Mr Roboto inventor/caster class also gets insane special effects for weapons and fighting aswell...Just to note I bought all those class and universal trees but I dropped all and I insist on playing roguish/bardic/warrior multiclass combos now)

I hope allready existing older favorite classes get more love since backbone of the society is older gamers long for some love for their older favorites.

Salty old sea...yarr...I mean old loyal players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE
    Last edited by Kutalp; 11-06-2019 at 03:34 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by ErraticDefinitions View Post
    Every now and then I get some heck thrown my way from guildies for my SS flavor build - 15 favored soul, 3 monk, 2 paladin, Drow follower of Vulkoor. I have a metric ton of ss's that are now btc on a character that will never use them again because of this build. Seriously, though, the support for them is in game, you just kinda have to reach for it. I would also like to acknowledge that they don't get *nearly* the same amount of love as longswords and apparently bastard swords.
    I used to play a lot of ninjas on my main and had a nice repository of weapons like Razorend and the Cutthroat blades. But then things got pushed away from named weapon power to PLs and reaper points, plus certain classes really shining...It was a huge bummer; getting centered with daggers was a crazy boost to ninja splashes, even 1 monk assassin splashes and now they have perfect pinnacle which blinds like crazy in fire stance (<==note to assassins who like to multi).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    I would also like to see more support for old favorite class/enhancement trees.

Actually Scimitars added to rogue weaponry and a build with scimitar/kukri with special bonuses to wield small weapon at off hand that would worth it would be tasty. Also something for Clubs and Great clubs...Do we have throwing clubs ? No ?...K... (instead of Knights training/I aint knight; precision and two long swords/Battle axe or Two Maces...)

snip
    I think there should be some enhancement in the assassin tree so that if you are using a light club, you can daze your foe with a backstab, maybe like Guardbreaking on swash bucklers
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I used to play a lot of ninjas on my main and had a nice repository of weapons like Razorend and the Cutthroat blades. But then things got pushed away from named weapon power to PLs and reaper points, plus certain classes really shining...It was a huge bummer; getting centered with daggers was a crazy boost to ninja splashes, even 1 monk assassin splashes and now they have perfect pinnacle which blinds like crazy in fire stance (<==note to assassins who like to multi).

I think there should be some enhancement in the assassin tree so that if you are using a light club, you can daze your foe with a backstab, maybe like Guardbreaking on swash bucklers

Good points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Default Meat on the bone

I like reading the feedback, but I noticed something. Most post steer off topic rather quickly; I assume this is because the poster is plugging their own desires or really have nothing to attribute to the topic. But I will chose to error on the side of caution and see this as proof that there is no "meat one the bone"...as one poster noted. This is precisely the point. Short sword (feats/enhancements/destinies) is anemic. If you have to multiclass (rogue/bard), let us least acknowledge improvements are needed.
    Last edited by Pnumbra; 12-06-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Community Member

Back on topic, +1 for some Short Sword love.

The most iconic weapon in LotR, which was a big inspiration for D&D, is a short sword, Sting. It's almost a crime that there are no enhancements out there for Halflings and short swords, though really any new enhancements should be open up to all races and classes. 100% agreement with OP. You threw non-repeating crossbows a big bone, the dart is getting a new life. Put short swords on the list!
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

maybe have some enhancement with the drow racial—“You can apply Knight’s Training to Short Swords” so AP sink and feat sink
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Community Member

By short swords you really mean Great XBows right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkalten View Post
    Prefer a rapier myself. But you can get a good chop in with a gladius.
    A rapier delivers a perfectly serviceable cut.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pnumbra View Post
    I like reading the feedback, but I noticed something. Most post steer off topic rather quickly; I assume this is because the poster is plugging their own desires or really have nothing to attribute to the topic. But I will chose to error on the side of caution and see this as proof that there is no "meat one the bone"...as one poster noted. This is precisely the point. Short sword (feats/enhancements/destinies) is anemic. If you have to multiclass (rogue/bard), let us least acknowledge improvements are needed.
    I can't get this thread out of my head. I want my short sword rogue too! SS should be on the very short list of the next weapon type to get some love from SSG. And IMHO, there should be synergy with short swords and smaller races, since they are the most likely to wield one as their primary weapon, for obvious reasons.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12