Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Probable Downtime Notice: Friday, October 11th 9:00 AM-12 Noon Eastern (-4 GMT)

(EDIT 2: The game worlds have re-opened!)

(EDIT: The build for this hotfix has been approved and will proceed.)

The DDO game worlds will, likely, be brought down for a hotfix at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday October 11th to improve the health of the game environment. Reminder that airship amenities can take up to an hour to repopulate when the worlds reopen.

Work actively continues on this hotfix and it is possible that it will not pass verification meaning that this downtime will be cancelled. This thread will be updated if that occurs.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 10-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Thanks for the update and all your work on this.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Gimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Ty. We definitely need that.
    Sympo Pikemeister / Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The DDO game worlds will, likely, be brought down for a hotfix at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Friday October 11th to improve the health of the game environment. Reminder that airship amenities can take up to an hour to repopulate when the worlds reopen.
    Might that include a fix for the TR issue?
    Epicsoul and Favoritesoul of Orien

Will this also include fixing the feywild dreamer set that's currently broken?
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Default Probable cause...

The probable causes are the facts:

1) The Mabar event is practically unplayable by those of us that are not willing to pay for keys. It is a miracle if you can go beyond the first fog, because the groups of undead are not spawning as they should. This makes it rather impossible to get the keys that are needed for the other quests.

2) Transition lag is still (extremely??) long to go between areas and into/out of quests.

and maybe

3) NPC's, as they are not clearing out after you leave quest instances (at least from the farming part of Mabar).

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Will this also include fixing the feywild dreamer set that's currently broken?
    Something like that is not a "hot fix".

Community Member

presumably, if this hotfix doesn't pass verification then we can assume the game will continue to be unplayable. Let's all keep our respective fingers, legs, eyes and wires all crossed that it does pass (and more importantly, work).

Can we also hope there will be a commensurate extension to VIP and events like revels?

Community Member

Smile

I am encouraged to see that SSG are taking this seriously and of course would understand if the hotfix had to be postponed. We wouldn't want to make things worse.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMTrojan View Post
    The probable causes are the facts:

1) The Mabar event is practically unplayable by those of us that are not willing to pay for keys. It is a miracle if you can go beyond the first fog, because the groups of undead are not spawning as they should. This makes it rather impossible to get the keys that are needed for the other quests.
    How is that? The quest only bugged once for me (on the second part) but completed it everytime otherwise.

But yeah, it seems the more the lag, the more time on loading screens and bugs such as this one.

Edit : It looks like if you go too fast, the enemies have higher chances to not appear, may even help to wait a bit at the entrance of the quest to let them some time to appear (at least it worked for me).
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 10-11-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    How is that? The quest only bugged once for me (on the second part) but completed it everytime otherwise.
    Maybe you've just been lucky? Or maybe a few of us have been really unlucky. I've tried to run it 6 times with a couple different characters and at different levels, and never been able to complete it. It bugs out at various stages. Mostly I don't get enough mobs for even the first goal. Once I got through the first fog. Once I got all the way through killing the beasty by the tomb, and then not enough mobs for the "kill things in the surrounding areas". There is a thread (or three?) where people are reporting the same things. Examples...

Devs, Night Revels is bugged

Don't seem to be a lot of reports (couple pages), but there are some of us having trouble.

well if the build fails then obviously you will keep at it as quite soon no one will be able to play anyway
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 41, 46, 20, 36, 103. EvilOzz 33, 42, 6, 21, 63. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 14. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

No problem Cocoa. Fingers crossed the brief downtime will fix the current issues. We appreciate the work you are doing to try and implement a timely fix as possible.

While it's down, don't forget to ask someone to order Pizza's while you are working on it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Something like that is not a "hot fix".
    Perhaps not, but Lynn said it was fixed internally. I think it's fair to ask if that fix will be pushed to live with this hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by TallMikeM View Post
    presumably, if this hotfix doesn't pass verification then we can assume the game will continue to be unplayable.
    Yep. Half my toons can't log in. I would say that fortunately my main can log in, but I can't exactly call that fortunate since the lag, long zoning times, invisible walls, and other issues make it impossible to play anyway.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Default Hotfix is a go

The build for this hotfix has been approved. The downtime and hotfix deployment will proceed as outlined in the OP.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

The build for this hotfix has been approved. The downtime and hotfix deployment will proceed as outlined in the OP.
    Thank you. Please make it so, I scheduled today off so I could get a head start on Revels!
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Brilliant
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 41, 46, 20, 36, 103. EvilOzz 33, 42, 6, 21, 63. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 14. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Member

Default Re-posting a very appropriate commentary from months ago...

Hi,

I've been posting this few months ago when players were discussing about permadeath server etc. I think my post is more relevant then ever.

Cool Alchemist+permadeath. But why did you not buy Sharn expansion?

On my server, when sharn released, i've been asking very good players if they had acquired Sharn expansion or not. For those that did not buy, what do you think their main argument was? Too expensive? Not at all. Their argument was: this game is so full of bugs i am not spending any more money into it. In the past month, we had to restart Baba twice because the Totem could not be killed. In the past 2 months, i had to restart twice the quest Detour because i was stuck on load screen when entering the basement into the last fight. In the past year, i've had to restart twice the quest into the belly of the beast because the huge worm could not be killed before entering his stomach. It would have happened 2 more times but we discovered the worm was underground and could be killed with aoe spells. I dont know how many times i got stuck on load screen over the last year. How many times i ended up dead because of huge lag spike. Last week, right after Nemesis's patch, i've been trying to start launcher for 2 days without success. I could never figure out the problem. Today we're having a hotfix for Nemesis raid. And let's not mention server relocation that took forever (because it was not a game bug).

I think over the years we lost players not because the game is not evolving. We lost players because the developpers want the game to evolve too fast, so they release content full of problems and bugs. You should prioritize quality over quantity. I dream of that next U50?? whose title will be: no new content at all. We are focusing on making this game more stable. Less lag, less bugs, less load screen freeze, faster tr cache emptying, etc.

Then, customers will gain trust over the game again. They will keep playing. They will keep buying. And everyone will live happily ever after .

So a new Alchemist class. Cool!
    New permadeath server! Lovely!

Release it asap with full of bugs then the week after makes 3-4 hotfix. But after that please take your time and fix stuff.

Quality over quantity. Always.

Thank you!

Is this a 9-noon thing, or do we not know how long it will take? Obviously not asking for an exact amount, but an estimate. Thanks!
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast