Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    They do that because, generally speaking, completion times for those quests are shorter than a lot of the other Night Revels dungeons. It's less "we award fewer for some dungeons" than "we aim to award more for the longer ones".

That said, if that assessment is off we may be able to pull completion time data again (like we did a year or two ago to get the current settings) and rebalance next year.
    No offense, but I am really tired of you "pulling data" and quoting it like that is for average players. There are power players / exploiters who can whip through certain quests so fast, that they just do them until their eyes bleed (like the mask).

Again, the casual players are punished. How about looking for more first lifers playing quests and join them to find out the experience for your newer games?
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Cordovan, was it intentional; that ALL the individual Night Revels payout Ingredients this year, have been changed to 'Unbound' from 'Bound to Account', i.e. Black Apple, Pinch of Sinister Cinnamon, Shadowy Caramel and Spooky Almond?

Because obviously you could acquire all the regular 'Reward Items' without even setting foot in any of the Challenges themselves. Forget arguing over "completion times", when techincally you don't even need any completion if you purchase those (ingredients) to create items. I thought Night Revels, was designed mostly to encourage people to run those Challenges - earning any of the higher tiered Items they wanted.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 10-17-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Spooky.

---
    Last edited by darkniteyogi; 10-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Steelstar, like some people noted the two "Almond payout" quests are very short in duration: Haverdashed and Under New Ravagement. Albeit they have a very low Ingredient payout per Key usage ratio. That's near half that of the other higher payout quests, yet it still costs a Key. Whereas this year you've introduced; Smashing Pumpkins, which gives out 72 Apples, that's 49 more ingredients than either of the Almond quests and still costs a single Key.

The majority of the more costly configurable wares and the popular "Candies" use most of the ingredient types. Especially if you decide to upgrade certain items or get the higher tiers. Let's take all this year's new weapons (full upgrade) cost: 200 Almonds, 140 Apples, 70 Caramels and 310 Cinnamon. Assuming you were going for highest payout quests: you'd only need to use 2 Keys for the Apples but 9 Keys for the Almonds. Plus 2 Keys for Caramels and 5 Keys for Cinnamon.

So to acquire one of those 'Level 28' items; you'll have mindlessly repeated an Almond quest a minimum of nine times... That sounds like mind numbing repetition and grind to me, even if you can finish the quest (nine times) far faster than two tours of Smashing Pumpkins.

However, this year Team DDO also had the brainstorm of removing the previous BtA status from: Pinch of Sinister Cinnamon, Spooky Almond, Black Apple and Shadowy Caramel. Therefore currently there is a now booming sale on the Astral Shard Auction House of those said Ingredients.

Thus concluding some people are paying handsomely to bypass even running the Challenges themselves.

Aside: For all it matters; I'm not repeatedly running 'The Snitch and the Lich' because I'm on melee Assassin and Mummies can be a nuisance. Nor do I regularly run 'Resurrection Chamber', because I'm not fond whatsoever of air jets even though it has a good payout. Although the wacky "Smashing Pumpkins" isn't particularly exciting; it's at a relaxed pace and not just mindless killing. Hayweird Foundry is still fun and easy to complete very quickly with minimal combat. Not everyone participating; is obsessed by sprinting to the end of the quest in world record times.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 10-18-2019 at 09:43 AM. Reason: The trees are fake, the air is dead. The birds are stuffed with poisoned lead.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Steelstar, like some people noted the two "Almond payout" quests are very short in duration: Haverdashed and Under New Ravagement. Albeit they have a very low Ingredient payout per Key usage ratio. That's near half that of the other higher payout quests, yet it still costs a Key. Whereas this year you've introduced; Smashing Pumpkins, which gives out 72 Apples, that's 49 more ingredients than either of the Almond quests and still costs a single Key.
    I have quite the opposite problem with the Resurrection Chamber and with Grave Work : They are too long and difficult for my taste, but I still need those ingredients.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123