Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Find the Night Revels in House Jorasco, now through November 3rd!

NOTE: There is a current known issue that we hope to correct in a patch in the near future. Currently, the Night Revels landscape in Delera's Graveyard is awarding expired rather than current Night Revels Chocolate. The proper chocolate is being awarded through the completion of the various Night Revels quests. Expired chocolate acquired from the landscape will not be converted into active chocolate.
    It looks like a quest is missing? Kobold's newest Ringleader? was this removed/replaced or is this supposed to be somewhere?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlylife View Post
    I understand a lot of people are upset with how night revels rolled out but don't fully understand why people say it is unplayable. I know there are issues with mobs properly spawning in 'The Night Revels - Delera's Graveyard' and that the quest can't be completed, but why does it matter? ** SNIP **
    I was wondering about this. Lately, RL has taken me outa the game but I jumped in last night to checkout Revels. I just wants to try out one of the new quests. I entered graveyard, had a key in short order. left and ran part of one of the quests.

Then I read this thread and began thinking they must have changed something. There must be some amazing reward for finishing the key farming area. Otherwise why are folks whining so much about it.

Now I agree, if its in the game, it needs to work. ANd I am sure the Devs are working on making it work. But seriously, there is plenty to do in the meantime. Its not unplayable.
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Augon View Post
    I was wondering about this. Lately, RL has taken me outa the game but I jumped in last night to checkout Revels. I just wants to try out one of the new quests. I entered graveyard, had a key in short order. left and ran part of one of the quests.

Then I read this thread and began thinking they must have changed something. There must be some amazing reward for finishing the key farming area. Otherwise why are folks whining so much about it.

Now I agree, if its in the game, it needs to work. ANd I am sure the Devs are working on making it work. But seriously, there is plenty to do in the meantime. Its not unplayable.
    It's already been fixed so you didn't actually get to experience the issues people were complaining about. It was pretty close to unplayable at first, especially if your luck was bad. (Some runs 0 mobs would spawn, so no chance of a key drop.)

When you spend more time recalling and resting the instance than you do running it, that's pretty bad.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    It looks like a quest is missing? Kobold's newest Ringleader? was this removed/replaced or is this supposed to be somewhere?
    Smashing Pumpkins replaced it, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Augon View Post
    But seriously, there is plenty to do in the meantime.
    This is true. We should not make our well-being dependent from any video game.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

Default Spectral Hammer does pierce damage, not bludgeon?

Find the Night Revels in House Jorasco, now through November 3rd!

NOTE: There is a current known issue that we hope to correct in a patch in the near future. Currently, the Night Revels landscape in Delera's Graveyard is awarding expired rather than current Night Revels Chocolate. The proper chocolate is being awarded through the completion of the various Night Revels quests. Expired chocolate acquired from the landscape will not be converted into active chocolate.
    The Spectral Hammer does pierce damage, not bludgeon. It says so in the description and combat log confirms. Is this a bug?

Community Manager

We have not previously been explicit about it, but here's the deal with the spooky version of Kobold's New Ringleader this year: As some folks here have surmised, it was rotated out in favor of the new Night Revels quest. Looks like the plan moving forward will be to rotate out older Night Revels quests for a while in favor of new ones, although these quests are also not gone, and will return in the future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

We have not previously been explicit about it, but here's the deal with the spooky version of Kobold's New Ringleader this year: As some folks here have surmised, it was rotated out in favor of the new Night Revels quest. Looks like the plan moving forward will be to rotate out older Night Revels quests for a while in favor of new ones, although these quests are also not gone, and will return in the future.
    You'll do what you want, but why take out the old ones? Let people do the old and new. The more quests the merrier, or spookier in this case

Since it's my first Night Revels Event ... Is Eternity Unleashed rather a raid, a group effort ? Or can it be solo'd ? I really have no idea; the old Mabar thing was a group effort, and I remember that. But, however, there were more folks to group with that time.
    This week I have seen in my own time zone almost only higher level characters I cannot group with.
    Maybe I should play it in a different time zone ?
    Server's Khyber.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Next year could you swap out one of the almond quests for one that gives more ingredients, it's really annoying that you have to run those quests 2-3 times as often as the others because they both only give you your score in ingredients instead of 2 or 3 times your score like the other quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Next year could you swap out one of the almond quests for one that gives more ingredients, it's really annoying that you have to run those quests 2-3 times as often as the others because they both only give you your score in ingredients instead of 2 or 3 times your score like the other quests.
    They do that because, generally speaking, completion times for those quests are shorter than a lot of the other Night Revels dungeons. It's less "we award fewer for some dungeons" than "we aim to award more for the longer ones".

That said, if that assessment is off we may be able to pull completion time data again (like we did a year or two ago to get the current settings) and rebalance next year.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

They do that because, generally speaking, completion times for those quests are shorter than a lot of the other Night Revels dungeons. It's less "we award fewer for some dungeons" than "we aim to award more for the longer ones".

That said, if that assessment is off we may be able to pull completion time data again (like we did a year or two ago to get the current settings) and rebalance next year.
    Be sure to balance this analysis with what do players use. If we use 1000 almonds to 40 apples. we don't want a 2 min apple quest and 20 min almond quest...
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Since it's my first Night Revels Event ... Is Eternity Unleashed rather a raid, a group effort ? Or can it be solo'd ? I really have no idea; the old Mabar thing was a group effort, and I remember that. But, however, there were more folks to group with that time.
    This week I have seen in my own time zone almost only higher level characters I cannot group with.
    Maybe I should play it in a different time zone ?
    Server's Khyber.
    Eternity can be solo'd.

Could you leave them active but just remove the ingredients and Key requirement? They are kinda neat quests and I like XP.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

hey guys, how about put back in the quest based on kobolds new ringleader in the place of haverdasher for increased almond rewards. haverdasher is not a fun quest, it is very short (avg 24 second to 45 second completions at cr35) and very boring (kill 15 monsters in a small room and done), no substantial story, no challenge.

the only enjoyment we get from haverdasher is during the 8 seconds we are running from durks got a secret to haverdasher and we wonder if haverdasher will spawn a reaper for us so we get reaper xp from him in the 42 seconds it takes to complete the quest

i cant wait for this new level 1-3 area to come out. please make the xp/min worth it for us!!!
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Shanayney - TR Project with over 115 Reaper points
    Sahanna - Raid Ready Survivable Healer

2015 DDO Players Council

It might be nice, if possible, to have one short and one long quest for each ingredient. That way, if you only need a few, you can run the short one, but if you want to get a bunch at once, you can run the long one.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

The main problem is that you put both the short quests on the same ingredient drop, all the other ingredients have a "longer", more rewarding quest options.

Although honestly I don't think it makes much of a difference if some quests can be completed in a minute and a half when all the quests can be completed in under 5 minutes.

Community Member

I'd say the time per material gained is fair, but the keys per material gained is horrible. Key farming is probably the least popular/fun aspect of Night Revels (especially after the first 50 keys or so), and trading them away that fast for so little is painful. I think it would be a popular idea to swap one of the two almonds missions rewards with a different mission.

Community Member

I think the complaint there is that both Almond quests are "short". That means you dont have an option to run a longer quest for more rewards.

That matters because it costs 1 key per completion regardless. So having to farm 3x the Almonds to keep even means Almonds cost 3x as many keys per ingredient. Since Keys are the limiting factor in running NR quests, thats a palpable imbalance.

Alternatively, just cut Almond costs by 66%, so the "keys per enough-for-an-item" stays the same for all ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Eternity can be solo'd.
    Thank you. I'll try it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by zappy View Post
    haverdasher is not a fun quest, it is very short (avg 24 second to 45 second completions at cr35) and very boring (kill 15 monsters in a small room and done), no substantial story, no challenge.
    I do like it *because* it is so short. Enables me to get a bit stuff after having a hard work day.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I think the complaint there is that both Almond quests are "short". That means you dont have an option to run a longer quest for more rewards.
    I don't think I'll do Grave Work again, it's a bit too long and grim for my taste. I do love the ironic GM's comments, though.
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 10-15-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast