Community Member

Default Are bard enhancements working?

Returning player from ages ago and trying to get back into the game. I am playing a bard for the first time and im trying to spend my points in these enhancement trees but not getting the listed result. Spellsinger tree; musical studies, warchanter tree; the poetic edda and Swashbuckler tree; Tavern shanties doesnt give extra bard songs.

Are there any other “enhnacements” that dont work as listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Haquiem View Post
    Returning player from ages ago and trying to get back into the game.
    Welcome back!

im trying to spend my points in these enhancement trees but not getting the listed result.

Are there any other “enhnacements” that dont work as listed?
    This is the game where doors are mushrooms and/or viceversa: pretty much anything is possible!

Spellsinger tree; musical studies, warchanter tree; the poetic edda and Swashbuckler tree; Tavern shanties doesnt give extra bard songs.
    As to the matter at hand:
    - after selecting the enhancements, are you clicking on the Accept button in the bottom right corner?
    - since all the enhancements you listed increase the maximum number of available bard songs, did you try resting in a tavern (i.e. spend 60 seconds in there), after selecting them?
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (EK wraith) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (Fiend Warlock) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Monk) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Can View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you. I see they limited the races and classes.

As to the matter at hand:
    - after selecting the enhancements, are you clicking on the Accept button in the bottom right corner?
    - since all the enhancements you listed increase the maximum number of available bard songs, did you try resting in a tavern (i.e. spend 60 seconds in there), after selecting them?
    Yes i tried restinng at shrines and stayed in the tavern for 10 minutes. No bonus songs.

So are there any other broken enhancements?

Yes i tried restinng at shrines and stayed in the tavern for 10 minutes. No bonus songs.

I cannot reproduce the issue: I trained the enhancements you listed and everything worked as advertised.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (EK wraith) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (Fiend Warlock) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Monk) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

How many songs do you have right meow? How many do you expect to have? How many over/under?

Let's break down the total expected from all sources and see what's going on here. Give us as much info as possible.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    How many songs do you have right meow? How many do you expect to have? How many over/under?

Let's break down the total expected from all sources and see what's going on here. Give us as much info as possible.
    When the game first started we didnt get a mana pool. Just the number of spells/songs as per the DnD players Handbook. Alot of us had characters that were 1st level everything before we went out and adventured. There was talk of mana pool and enhancements but i had stopped playing at that time.

I already deleted the character since there isnt any admins or guides that assist players. Here is the breakdown that i can remember

Free to play
    Human bard
    Str 8, Dex 10, Con 8, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 18
    Feats: Skill focus perform, combat casting

I get 1 song at 1st level
    I tried the spell singer tree: spellsinger then musical studies; which gives +1 bard songs per enhnacement level each rest. I didnt gain any additonal songs or song slots when i rested. The same was true when i reset the enhancements and tried the same option in warchanter and swashbuckler trees. Looked like a fun class to play but not knowing which enhancements work and which ones dont i quit the bard. I am finding some other enhancements dont work in other class trees. I wonder if there is a developer that can go through each one and identify/fix the ones that no longer work.

Welcome back!

I already deleted the character since there isnt any admins or guides that assist players... Looked like a fun class to play but not knowing which enhancements work and which ones dont i quit the bard.
    Well, that was precipitate and irrevocable. In the future, there are both these forums and the Wiki.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Home

...I wonder if there is a developer that can go through each one and identify/fix the ones that no longer work.
    Well, the problem is that they do work, at least for most of us. I have a Favor runner build that makes use of the Tier 1 Warchanter +Song enhancement all the time (for Bardic Rages) - no problems, ever.

These should not require an actual "rest" - as soon as you select and confirm the Musical Studies, all your Song clickies on your hotbar should immediately gain an additional use, X+1 (whatever X had been).

Are you 100% sure you didn't mis-click Magical Studies, instead??? Guess we'll never know now... :/

When the game first started we didnt get a mana pool. Just the number of spells/songs as per the DnD players Handbook... I am finding some other enhancements dont work in other class trees.
    That was a long time ago! I'm wondering if your characters are so old that something is just not meshing with the new system? Don't know, just a theory.

Every character now gets a free Lesser Heart of Wood for a Lesser Reincarnation, and yours are old enough that you'll also have a free +20 HoW for a more serious adjustment. Your call which to use, but if you have some favorite character and things just aren't working right, the Lesser HoW might be a plan.

GL!

Btw - Since things have changed so much, here's a collection of solid builds, a variety of bards included. Not as modern as some (esp Monks), and the newer trees are not included at all, but these are still all well-tested, forum-approved character blueprints.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759353

If you have any questions, just ask!