Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    We got a new named Xbow with the Anniversary event (Diplomancer) preceding the release of Inqui...I dont think we'll get another already

With Alch coming out soon I bet we'll see a named Dart along with the Warhammer we know is coming
    Following this logic I could imagine a bottle or a flask or a throwable potion ...

There are already these Sun Flasks out there ... Do Morninglords use them as well, by the way ?

( Damage report of an Vampire : "You were hit by the Morning Sun ..." )
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post
    Cordo mentioned in the last stream that the armor colour for this year will be purple.
    Yessssss I have all three current colors, time to get a fourth. Wonder if I'll like it more than red though? I might need to get new glowing eyes lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

The red one is orange so I'm not getting excited for purple yet

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    The red one is orange so I'm not getting excited for purple yet
    The purple one is also orange...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Default Spectral GxB!

Just looking at the DDOwiki page for Night Revels and I noticed that someone has updated it.

Spectral GxB!! Wh..what?!? First thought, woohoo!! Next thought, oh no, there goes 8 hours of my life. This does not mesh well with my plans to farm a bunch of Spectral Daggers for my new TWF dagger assassin. I'm going to be running the Revels until my eyes bleed.

I'll reserve final judgement until I can get online and check it out, but I want to give sincere thanks to the devs for the GxB from all of us non-dual xbow types! All five of us
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 10-10-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - now L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Default Hilarious

Are you truly considering banning Inquis from your groups because they make you feel....less? Thats just funny, really it is. Oh my, "Ive spent years dedicating my life to being uber and now that newbies can be uber like me...pshhh!". Thanks for that laugh. And now...I actually truly hope to all gods that are out there, (Devs), that they make an OP xbow just so these "Newbs" can upset you more. Lolololol
    Epic Ratcatcher?!?! Go on....Doooooo it!!

Community Member

Purple cosmetics it is! To answer the original question for anyone who still can't log in, the longbow, greataxe, warhammer, and great xbow are new I believe--all the same effects (ghostbane without ghost touch, EOB, vorpal, force damage on crit), full series (lvls 4/8/12/16/20/24/28), which unfortunately have to be upgraded from the lvl 4 version via the grind. Nothing special about the base damage and crit profiles. Only level 28 ones can take a sentient gem, however, and Steelstar says that's by design. I didn't see any other new weapons in the list. Also no new consumables/candies.

Looking forward to running the challenges and trying the new one, but can't get any keys to drop in the horrifyingly bugged night revels quest. Really, they should have just suspended the launch rather than generate so much player anger and disappointment.

Community Member

Are the spectral weapons worth farming for?

depends u playin inquis no caster no so
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

[QUOTE=TedSandyman;6255115]1. I doubt they are giving out xboxes
    2. Please DO nerf inquisitive because being in a party with them isn't fun.

/QUOTE]

so don't party with them. problem solved. it really IS that simple.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    so don't party with them. problem solved. it really IS that simple.
    The thing about inquisitive is that they don't really need a group. Mine solos @level r3~r6 from L15~L30. Which reaper level I pick depends on quest and whether I feel like pushing it or relaxing. R3 to inquisitive is about as much effort+risk as EH to a strong melee. The danger lies mostly in ranged dps; too much or too high of a reaper-level and they can one-shot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    All depends on your build.

If you're VKF, def yes - they're made of "force", so very tough. Sim w/ a thrower, for those daggers.

If you have a Mech build, the spectral GXB is a great Reaper killer. Sim w/ some of the other "spectral" weapons, for that type of build.

If an Arti, the Rune Arm gives ghost touch to whatever X-bow you are using, which is great.

And so on. All depends.

Otoh, some builds have Ghosttouch built in to the enhancement line - then... obviously, no need.

Edit - Oh - and if you do Cannith Crafting, the rubies of Ghostbane are what you need. Get several. (Rubies of the Vamp are not bad either, to give Silver to a weapon.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    The thing about inquisitive is that they don't really need a group. Mine solos @level r3~r6 from L15~L30. Which reaper level I pick depends on quest and whether I feel like pushing it or relaxing. R3 to inquisitive is about as much effort+risk as EH to a strong melee. The danger lies mostly in ranged dps; too much or too high of a reaper-level and they can one-shot you.
    that isn't the point. I was responding to a guy that was saying his fun is ruined when an inquisitive joins the party. how easy an inquisitive solo's doesn't apply to that.

as a side note, im doing my first inquisitive life in the rr cycle and to be honest I don't find it substantially faster or easier than I have other builds I have ran. in fact levels 1 through 11 were significantly slower, it wasn't till I hit 12 and got ips that it felt as good/fast as other builds I have ran.

A strong melee has no issues soloing R3 either... No idea why you would bring up EH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    2. Please DO nerf inquisitive because being in a party with them isn't fun.
    I have to disagree with this whole-heartedly. As a person that has never played an inquisitive (I don't even have the tree unlocked) they are my favorite class to group with. My favorite build (DPS blasting warlock) partners very well with them. I rush in and do CC (tentacles plus 2 additional slowing effects) and AoE damage and they clean up the rest. They also do the majority of the boss damage that my build is weak at. I will be truly disappointed if they get nerfed simply because of how much I enjoy grouping with them. If a quest ends up being too easy then the next quest gets more reaper skulls. It works out very well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I have to disagree with this whole-heartedly. As a person that has never played an inquisitive (I don't even have the tree unlocked) they are my favorite class to group with. My favorite build (DPS blasting warlock) partners very well with them. I rush in and do CC (tentacles plus 2 additional slowing effects) and AoE damage and they clean up the rest. They also do the majority of the boss damage that my build is weak at. I will be truly disappointed if they get nerfed simply because of how much I enjoy grouping with them. If a quest ends up being too easy then the next quest gets more reaper skulls. It works out very well.
    don't worry, the ones calling for nerfs also want your warlock nerfed.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    farm up the two festival augments. You’ll want them on one character or another eventually

farm up the lowest level rune arm because ghost touch is really nice on a “free” slot if you go inquisitive at some point.

The dodge candy is REALLY nice at low level. You’ll hit your dodge cap eventually even without it, but it’s very nice while it lasts when you aren’t at your dodge cap.

There are also a variety of other nice-to-haves as well.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Rubies of Ghostbane also sell pretty nicely on the ASAH a few months after the event, if you want to make an investment

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    A strong melee has no issues soloing R3 either
    Can't see that happening for a first life character even if it's fully geared. Inq doesn't need any PLs and the gear is absurdly easy to farm (this is a good thing btw -- all 1st life chars should have an easy path).

However, if you have a build for melee solo of first-life at-level Epic R1, you should post it. Forums are dry of any such builds. If you search for 'em you'll see that the general consensus is that EE is pretty much the best you can hope for on 1st-life solo melee and most can't do that.

Once you have 20+ ETRs and Reaper Points, then I could see maybe a melee soloing Epic R1s. I have a monk'ish build atm that can pretend to do R1, but only if it chugs store potions and doesn't mind caking regularly (3rd life, 1 ETR, 6 reaper points). L20+ only. Low-level play doesn't much matter -- not enough AP to make a build, no ED, and the content is at least a full two steps easier than same-label epic content (probably why the hard-core server has any people on it; regular heroics are too easy).

Ranged DPS in general in DDO can solo a couple steps up from a similar melee, where "similar" means "similar preparation effort (gear, PLs, etc)".

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPuffinstuff View Post
    Are you truly considering banning Inquis from your groups because they make you feel....less? Thats just funny, really it is. Oh my, "Ive spent years dedicating my life to being uber and now that newbies can be uber like me...pshhh!". Thanks for that laugh. And now...I actually truly hope to all gods that are out there, (Devs), that they make an OP xbow just so these "Newbs" can upset you more. Lolololol
    Epic Ratcatcher?!?! Go on....Doooooo it!!
    In another MMO I have quit playing a PvP part of that game because it favours über players so much more. I decided I was no more giving them the the chance to steal my kills, and not to feel like a 5th wheel on the waggon, too. I have had matches there which were dominated so much by über players that it simply was no fun for me anymore.

I play games for fun.
    And if I meet players who take away the fun from me, then I simply do not play that part anymore.

I'm not a good player anyway. All I want is not meeting über players, but players of my own ability level.

If I meet players who are even less good hen I am, then it's fun to teach them so that they can become better. And I LOVE seeing people becoming better ! ( Maybe I should have become rather a teacher in my career. )

However, if you have a build for melee solo of first-life at-level Epic R1, you should post it. Forums are dry of any such builds. If you search for 'em you'll see that the general consensus is that EE is pretty much the best you can hope for on 1st-life solo melee and most can't do that.
    I agree - but people here don't care about first-lifers. I don't see such a build being posted at all.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast