Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    The installer and launcher are still 32-bit, so they won’t run in Catalina. However, I was able to get the 64-bit client to “work” in Catalina by copying it over there and launching it from a script. Unfortunately the graphics are messed up because the wrong graphics card on my 16” MacBook Pro is being selected. The seeds of something working are definitely there.
    sounds vaguely like the 1st mentions of the Wine client....xD..bet you could get an idea of how soon if you searched the forums for a date xDDDDDDDDDDDD
    btw, it's still not complete if you care for using all your modifier keys, ddo.keymap, ui layout or userprefs...at least the last time i tried, but then, that was before moving to Boot Camp which exacerbated a hardware level keyboard failure which forced me to either spend $2000 to replace my computer with one not as good or upgrade the logic board and replace the battery while i was in there for $500...thanks SSG. please take my money. oh, that's right, too late...

Community Member

Default I miss my DDO...

Quote Originally Posted by Daarsurra View Post
    sounds vaguely like the 1st mentions of the Wine client....xD..bet you could get an idea of how soon if you searched the forums for a date xDDDDDDDDDDDD
    btw, it's still not complete if you care for using all your modifier keys, ddo.keymap, ui layout or userprefs...at least the last time i tried, but then, that was before moving to Boot Camp which exacerbated a hardware level keyboard failure which forced me to either spend $2000 to replace my computer with one not as good or upgrade the logic board and replace the battery while i was in there for $500...thanks SSG. please take my money. oh, that's right, too late...
    I keep coming back, checking the forums again and again, hoping to see that somebody has figured this out. Somebody please figure this out! DDO is now 64 bit. Wasn’t that the issue? Why is it still not working?

I miss my DDO...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jhishma View Post
    I keep coming back, checking the forums again and again, hoping to see that somebody has figured this out. Somebody please figure this out! DDO is now 64 bit. Wasn’t that the issue? Why is it still not working?

I miss my DDO...
    steams proton play seems to work out of the box on linux?

So if you can install steam maybe it can scratch your itch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    This is perhaps the funniest post I've ever read on the DDO Forums!

Just how many Mac players of DDO do you think there really are?
    I'm one! except I'm not a DDO player anymore lol

My main characters name is Jazzboy, I play (...well played) on the Cannith server.
    Put tons of time and money as well as made some lifelong friends here. This sucks for sure, but I'll try to find a way to continue playing.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzboy View Post
    I'm one! except I'm not a DDO player anymore lol

My main characters name is Jazzboy, I play (...well played) on the Cannith server.
    Put tons of time and money as well as made some lifelong friends here. This sucks for sure, but I'll try to find a way to continue playing.
    Me too. I've just stopped playing (and paying) until it gets sorted. At some point I might try to get a PC sorted but its more likely I'll not bother and just play other things. I'm hearing Conan Exiles is excellent and I know quite a few ex-DDO players that are there permanently now. They left partly because I couldn't play....

Hap

Community Member

Default I am a macOS user and I still play :)

Crossover works now, though I am using the 32-bit client. I don't intend to go to Catalina anytime soon, I have other 32-bit mac programs I like
    I have thought about the 64-bit client, since I have Parallels and a 64-bit Windows setup. But I really think Wine will run it better, since I don't have to tell it how much video memory it can use.

I forgot to mention that in Wine, I have to play Full Screen Windowed if I want to be able to use other apps. If I go Full Screen, DDO dies when I switch.
    Last edited by Myranna; 03-17-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jhishma View Post

I miss my DDO...

I have a group of friends that I just got to try DDO out as the current content release in WoW classic wanes.

They love it, except for the constant server lag--which completely ruined a session for us on Saturday.

Two others that watch us play on discord have MACs and they're ****ed that they cannot play the game. Well played SSG, seems like you guys have a lot of opportunity that you're letting slip.

Default Mac Client

Quote Originally Posted by SlanderKing View Post
    I have a group of friends that I just got to try DDO out as the current content release in WoW classic wanes.

They love it, except for the constant server lag--which completely ruined a session for us on Saturday.

Two others that watch us play on discord have MACs and they're ****ed that they cannot play the game. Well played SSG, seems like you guys have a lot of opportunity that you're letting slip.
    I have been a VIP since Beta and run a guild since Guilds were released with update 3, during that time I have never used a PC. It has been an "interesting" ride with the MAC client and it has never been quite right. Gimped graphics Black walls and invisible characters, over heats of gpu and my personal hate lack of support for My Xbox controller , which works perfectly well with other games. I resorted to Bootcamp years ago.

SSG please consider the consequences of your statement which effectively says "Mac users go buy another computer" as we don't think the small number (i think you guessed at 3% but don't actually know how many of us there are)" are worth any development time or use Bootcamp.
    Will SSG refund the £200 ish pounds for the Mac players investment in a windows license? I think not.

It is an interesting take on your finances that you would wish to alienate some of your community and drop that income. It almost reminds me of the early Turbine days when you moved the UK and Japanese servers to the US and there was a 3 month delay for transferring original characters to the new servers. Turbine's response at the time was to tell the community to create new characters. There were a LOT of people who left at that time.

It's a pity that Mac bashing is the formal response rather than proactive support. Since DDO is so old now and the graphics have not really been modernised is this part of SSG's plan to shelve the game after 15 years? Please consider that Mac users tend to spend more on their entertainment. I think this is seriously short sighted.

Off to play Tomb Raider on my Mac. Which apparently isn't a popular Gaming Platform
    Last edited by Flufferandos; 04-17-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flufferandos View Post
    I have been a VIP since Beta and run a guild since Guilds were released with update 3, during that time I have never used a PC. It has been an "interesting" ride with the MAC client and it has never been quite right. Gimped graphics Black walls and invisible characters, over heats of gpu and my personal hate lack of support for My Xbox controller , which works perfectly well with other games. I resorted to Bootcamp years ago.

SSG please consider the consequences of your statement which effectively says "Mac users go buy another computer" as we don't think the small number (i think you guessed at 3% but don't actually know how many of us there are)" are worth any development time or use Bootcamp.
    Will SSG refund the £200 ish pounds for the Mac players investment in a windows license? I think not.

It is an interesting take on your finances that you would wish to alienate some of your community and drop that income. It almost reminds me of the early Turbine days when you moved the UK and Japanese servers to the US and there was a 3 month delay for transferring original characters to the new servers. Turbine's response at the time was to tell the community to create new characters. There were a LOT of people who left at that time.

It's a pity that Mac bashing is the formal response rather than proactive support. Since DDO is so old now and the graphics have not really been modernised is this part of SSG's plan to shelve the game after 15 years? Please consider that Mac users tend to spend more on their entertainment. I think this is seriously short sighted.

Off to play Tomb Raider on my Mac. Which apparently isn't a popular Gaming Platform
    Well said. I run Win10 in a VM on my Mac running Catalina. It works, and while it seems to be less buggy than the native or Wine-based Mac client, it's certainly slower. (BTW, you don't need a license to run Windows 10, only to customize it.)

Nevertheless, this is the whole reason I'm not a VIP player. SSG, just so you know: no Mac client, no $$$ from me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345