2014 DDO Players Council ALDBAR's Avatar

Default Twilight Forge Solo'd - in 2019

I found out that the "Falconry enhancements tree" is unlocked for any character that gets 700 "Free Agents favor", and immediately i was on my way to the "Twilight Forge" to get my last bit of favor.
    It seemed to be impassable to get a party, so i Searched online for a way to solo the raid and found this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-Forge-Solo-d
    i also found this on you tube: https://youtu.be/oKwp4Fsw47E

After watching the videos i figured i'd give it a try. you can only imagine my shock when i am in the quest and suddenly get reminded of the "black security barriers".
    Apparently it was possible to completely skip the underwater section, making the raid completable solo.
    This did not go well with the devs, and so they had fixed the raid by adding the "black security barriers".
    This forced the player to go underwater and pull a switch.

Never the less i insisted on finding a way to do it solo without skipping anything.

It took me about 2 week overall until i figured it out.

Here is a video showing the hole run with all the information you will need, so you to can go and do it yourself. https://youtu.be/pA9BsR1_qLs

I just hope the devs see this as a apretonity for people to become familiar with the raid, and don't decide to go fix it again...

If the raid is left as is (i hope), then it is time to update the wiki...

Did you do part 2?

2014 DDO Players Council

I was curious about how you soloed the underwater maze. Clever use of a pet, soul-teleports--back-to-your-stone, and Reborn in Light.

For anyone who doesn't want to waste time wading through an hour-long video, that part starts at 26:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

nice job dude
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Great job, impressed.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Did you do part 2?
    Sadly no, but i'm working on it.

ATM the traditional pillar meted seems to be bugged.

It should be possible to "1 shot" the titan if you got consistent ~20k damage "single hit" capability.

I came in with a friend (and was using my main ED) and hit the titan with "1 shot" of 10k+ and it got him down to a bit less than 50% health. so i figure that if you've got ~20k you should be able to do it. (i got 1 shot of 20k+ piercing damage on the "training dummy" but that is very rare for me )

If anyone has the "warforged titan" MM entry open and can confirm the titans HP on the wiki, it would be a great help.

Music is awesome by the way. I just watched the whole thing.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Music is awesome by the way. I just watched the whole thing.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    TY. i'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was well aware of the fact that it is a very long video, so i put in the effort to make it as pleasant as possible.
    (I also made the music volume go up and down so to not interfere with the voice.)

I was kind of rushed to upload the video because i was paranoid that someone might figure it out and make a video before me.

The video is frome my second full run i've ever done. For the first one i messed up the settings in OBS and got only audio....

Overall i'm satisfied with the final result and i hope people use it as a guid in general and not just for solo.

I added the video to the wiki!

Cheers,
    Titus.

Arrow "Titan 1 shot"

Quote Originally Posted by ALDBAR View Post
    It should be possible to "1 shot" the titan if you got consistent ~20k damage "single hit" capability.
    I still think the traditional way is bugged, and so i figured id give the "1 shot meted" a try.
    i came in with my friend 'Yeshaom' who is running a "Fire Cleric" build. He used 'draconic fury' to bring up his spell power, added some buffs for spell multiplier and spell crit chance, and then blasted the Titan to hell.

You can see the damage he linked in chat: 32,651 points of fire damage. That is about 50% overkill.

I honestly don't mind if the devs fix this as long as they make it completable in traditional way again.

As you can see the hole run was only 1 minute and 21 seconds to complete, making this the fastest way to do this raid by far...
    (P1 of the raid took the 2 of us 20 min and 49 seconds, making the hole thing completable under 25 min. not bad considering the reputation this raid has...)

P.S. We got no named loot, just in case you were wondering.

[IMG] free image hosting[/IMG]

EDIT: Now you can watch it on YouTube.
    Last edited by ALDBAR; 11-26-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALDBAR View Post

P.S. We got no named loot, just in case you were wondering.
    That's a shame, since that raid is source of best UMD boost item, Seven Fingered Gloves, whooping +5 UMD at level 9.

Default Incredible job on the underwater puzzle

Gratz, Aldbar. The solution is in the underwater (red) puzzle is just awesome.

I was looking for information about this raid for trying to do it alone, but using dual-box, with BB in R1. Your detailed video-tutorial helped me a lot. Finally, I got to dual-box it on R1 using level 13 toons. See the videos here (more than 2 hours, ouch).
    Spellburst, Toikos, Phylantrios (Argo)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Spellburst View Post
    ....Your detailed video-tutorial helped me a lot.
    I'm glad it helped you, TY for the feedback.

Thumbs up

Nice post and nice runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbEx7nuczo
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Thumbs up Fantastique

Very nice job I admire and am in awe of your persistence

Thanks for sharing and providing the video it is certainly be useful as a reference even for short manning it

+1
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Good job on the solo's! Was cool to watch the vids. I bet you had a lot of fun figuring it out, and then executing it

I may have been the first to solo part2 back in the day, but I always brought a party for prequest. And then stayed back, let them finish raid/disband, wait for reset and went in alone.

Its one of the coolest raids imo, green room feels like a giant circuit board and the splitting of party can be a bit tricky.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue10/Monk6/Fighter4. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Did you do part 2?
    yes!
    The Titan Awakes - Solo