Default No Collectables Bag from Baudry

I created a new level 10 character and was able to get my free gem and ingredients bags. I went to Baudry and he didn't give me the collectables bag. After he failed to give me one, I clicked abandon in order to retake the quest. Still no free bag. What do I do?

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

You can save some plat and go to the shop at House Phiarlan. They sell Medium Collectable bags there for 9,000 plat I believe (maybe even cheaper on auction house)? The small free one is full all the time anyway.
    Last edited by ShifterThePirate; 09-20-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    ...(maybe even cheaper on auction house)? ....
    Probably not that^^. What I see too much of is folks buying those Medium vendor bags then posting them on the AH for twice the price or more.

But yeah, just run a few quests for the plat, then visit House P or J and buy straight from the source.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Thanks!

It would be nice to be able to have the free one and the vendor one both, in order to have more room before things overflow. Wondering why Baudry didn't give me one...

Quote Originally Posted by Breezwyn View Post
    ....Wondering why Baudry didn't give me one...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Thanks!

It would be nice to be able to have the free one and the vendor one both, in order to have more room before things overflow. Wondering why Baudry didn't give me one...
    did you grab a bag from your bank? if you have he wont give it you you at all i believe
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    did you grab a bag from your bank? if you have he wont give it you you at all i believe
    This was going to be my question as well. He won't grant a free bag if you have already picked up a banked one.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Is there a level limit on the free collectible and gem bags? I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember something like needing to get them before level 6 or so in order to get the free one. I thought that was why Iconics get free bags with their starter equipment.

Edit. No, ignore my misguided ramblings. I just tested this and you can get the free bags from Fitz and Baudry at level 15 with an iconic as long as you throw away the bags you receive at character creation. Must be something else going on.
    Last edited by PurpleTimb; 09-21-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    Is there a level limit on the free collectible and gem bags? I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember something like needing to get them before level 6 or so in order to get the free one. I thought that was why Iconics get free bags with their starter equipment.

Edit. No, ignore my misguided ramblings. I just tested this and you can get the free bags from Fitz and Baudry at level 15 with an iconic as long as you throw away the bags you receive at character creation. Must be something else going on.
    OP should have gotten the bag, I know when I created my auto-lvl 10 the last time around, she was able to pick all of them up. If he didn't have one already in his inventory he should send in a support ticket.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

(colored text - ugh.)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTimb View Post
    as long as you throw away the bags you receive at character creation. Must be something else going on.[/color]
    You don't need to throw them away - just stash them in your bank while you visit Baudry et al.

You have to talk to Baudry twice to get the bag. Iirc there is also a bug where if you talk to him only once, then break off, he doesn't offer you the bag the second time. (Could be wrong, but I remember something like that.)

I like to have both, at least while starting - the smaller one holds all 12 Tier I collectables, and the purchasable one holds all 30 Tier II. That's almost everything you're worried about until you start hitting Level 10+ content (mysterious remnants and fest items being the exceptions).

Just a happy update:

I re-abandoned the quests, and simply didn't log in for a very long time. I went back to Baudry, re-acquired the quest, and he finally gave me the red bag. Re-abandoning the quests didn't yield any additional red or blue bags, so I received the proper limit of one of each type of bag. Thankfully the game is able to track if a character has picked up each bag, and knew that my character hadn't received the red one.

Problem solved!

I re-abandoned the quests, and simply didn't log in for a very long time. I went back to Baudry, re-acquired the quest, and he finally gave me the red bag...
    That's... good news for you, but very surprising, and not a little confoozling. I gotta wonder why that happened.