Default Dimensional Augment Bag from Store BtC????

Is this a text bug, or is the one in the store really BtC?

I thought they moved to bags being BtC a long time ago.

I remember buying my Huge Collectibles bag that was marked as BtA and it was BtA, but then the next time I went to purchase it, it was BtC. Mind you that some time had passed since it took me a bit to earn enough points.

So off the cuff I would say BtC appears to be correct.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Is this a text bug, or is the one in the store really BtC?
    Allegedly, BtA bags have (ahem) certain security risks so all bags must be BtC.

SSG releases a BtA bag.

Then later SSG releases said bag in the DDO store, but it is BtC(?)

Is this correct SSG?

Either there is a security risk or not. Is this yet another 'exploit early, exploit often', or something else (equally unwise on SSG's part)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    Is this yet another 'exploit early, exploit often', or something else (equally unwise on SSG's part)?
    I don't see how this is even somewhat relevant, because this bag didn't even exist years ago when the last dupe was a thing/was fixed. And seeing as how now this bag can be favor farmed (albeit a long process, but still), it is not outrageous to have a reason for people to still buy the ones from the market that you have to purchase with real money.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    I don't see how this is even somewhat relevant, because this bag didn't even exist years ago when the last dupe was a thing/was fixed. And seeing as how now this bag can be favor farmed (albeit a long process, but still), it is not outrageous to have a reason for people to still buy the ones from the market that you have to purchase with real money.
    Is the bag BtC or is the description in error?

If the bag is BtC, then why is it BtC when it was BtA?

I'm not even sure bound status had anything to do with that long-ago issue, but I do know that I only ever bought one (1) bag from the store. Once I discovered that it, and all other bags were BtC, I never bought another and never looked back.

There are only a few possibilities here, and really, the least egregious is that is it simply a copy/paste error and the bag is actually BtA.

Community Member

Did you check if there's a btc item inside? That would make the bag btc while it was inside it.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack, Koganei

I do not think that the original poster (pjw) purchased a dimensional augment bag.

He is just asking if the ddo store description for the dimensional augment bag is correct - it mentions that it is bound to character in the ddo store, but the one that was offered through the Sharn expansions was bound to account (and limited to one p/ account).

Dimensional Augment Bag
    Store 500 stacks of augments in one inventory slot
    Allows you to store stacks of 500 different types of augments in one inventory slot. Within the bag, each type of augment can stack up to 100. This item is bound to character.
    if anyone has purchased the bag from the ddo store, could you let us know?

I am curious though - what augments/filigrees are bound? I think the master's gift is btc. are there other btc augments? I think some of the augments you purchase from the ddo store are bta, but not sure.

(I can understand that SSG might have made the dimensional augment bag in the sharn expansion bound to account, but the dimensional augment bags sold in the DDO store could be bound to character) -- they could have intentionally done that binding staus to promote sales of the bag per character instead of someone buying one p/account and sharing it between all characters. it could be a selling point for the sharn expansion in the ddo market.

... but it would be great if we could get an official SSG rep to advise if it is just an error in the store description, or if it really is btc.

If so, add it to the list of things that I would immediately rush to buy if it were BtA instead. I'm looking at you, Hireling Folders.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

This is exactly why I didn't pull the trigger on the dimensional bags. The one I have from Sharn is bta. Need one for another server but won't buy anymore btc bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    This is exactly why I didn't pull the trigger on the dimensional bags. The one I have from Sharn is bta. Need one for another server but won't buy anymore btc bags.
    what other server?!? the only server that you need bta colossal and dimensional bags is on ghallanda. pfft. any other server you and kozha just need the free ones you get from the harbor.

Community Member

Pretty sure it's BtC and WAI. This question was asked when the preorder packs came out, and that was highlighted as a difference - BtA for the pack only, when it hits the store it will be BtC. (it's what got me to buy so it's something i paid attention to)

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    Pretty sure it's BtC and WAI. This question was asked when the preorder packs came out, and that was highlighted as a difference - BtA for the pack only, when it hits the store it will be BtC. (it's what got me to buy so it's something i paid attention to)

well that is cool - it certainly adds value to the ddo market sharn expansions. I would still like to hear an official word from ssg, but I think it is a good move.

When they release the Dark Sun expansion with psion as class, I expect there to be a BTA dimensional collectables bag in the top tier expansion pack.

and when they release the Planescape or Spelljammer expansion with gith and giffs as playable races, I expect there to be a BTA dimensional ingredients bag in the top tier expansion pack.

.. and when ssg releases an Age of Worms campaign expansion with Kyuss as the final boss, I fully expect there to be a caterpillar cosmetic companion.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    what other server?!? the only server that you need bta colossal and dimensional bags is on ghallanda. pfft. any other server you and kozha just need the free ones you get from the harbor.
    I just wanted to spent some points from my 5k run on the other server. But won't be spending them on btc bags. Don't worry my main main isn't leaving. He would be bored running LH pug raids. I would have to do naked runs for some spice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    well that is cool - it certainly adds value to the ddo market sharn expansions. I would still like to hear an official word from ssg, but I think it is a good move.

When they release the Dark Sun expansion with psion as class, I expect there to be a BTA dimensional collectables bag in the top tier expansion pack.

and when they release the Planescape or Spelljammer expansion with gith and giffs as playable races, I expect there to be a BTA dimensional ingredients bag in the top tier expansion pack.

.. and when ssg releases an Age of Worms campaign expansion with Kyuss as the final boss, I fully expect there to be a caterpillar cosmetic companion.
    good move ....

right

OR, maybe, it is an amateurish nickel-and-dime-the-customer strategy that loses more business than it wins.

Once upon a time, I bought one (1) bag from the store. It was my fault for assuming that since my 'free' bags were unbound, the 'good stuff' from the store would be the same or better. That's ok though, lesson learned. I never ever bought another. And I see from this thread, I am not the only one.

Now we know, it isn't some amorphous 'security issue' ---if it ever was--- and just a(nother) ham-fisted success at making a few pennies at the expense of many dollars. Well done!

I just wanted to spent some points from my 5k run on the other server. But won't be spending them on btc bags. Don't worry my main main isn't leaving. He would be bored running LH pug raids. I would have to do naked runs for some spice.
    do you mean you playing ddo naked or your character being naked? in any case, I will sign up for your twitch channel when you do that, let me know.

you mean you hit 5k on the hardcore league server? are you on the leaderboard? was it a 5k naked hardcore run?

.. I expect to see you running around on ghallanda trailing bloody footprints all over the place.. naked.

The bag in the store is BTA. It's a bug in description just like many other items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantikor View Post
    do you mean you playing ddo naked or your character being naked? in any case, I will sign up for your twitch channel when you do that, let me know.

you mean you hit 5k on the hardcore league server? are you on the leaderboard? was it a 5k naked hardcore run?

.. I expect to see you running around on ghallanda trailing bloody footprints all over the place.. naked.
    No I didn't do HC. My usual running crew didn't' want to do HC. I don't pug and also to much of a zerg to run a first life toon 6 levels over solo to get some cosmetics and bragging rights. Is that even hardcore?

No I didn't do HC. My usual running crew didn't' want to do HC. I don't pug and also to much of a zerg to run a first life toon 6 levels over solo to get some cosmetics and bragging rights. Is that even hardcore?
    yeah it is hardcore if you do it naked, only using a scroll of masters touch to melee. I want to see you finally get some bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgob View Post
    The bag in the store is BTA. It's a bug in description just like many other items.
    Cool. Thank you. First bag I've ever bought. Now, if they just made a few more BtA, I'd probably buy more.