Community Member

Default Adding Mythic Bonus via Threads of Fate

Do I need to remove sentient gem/filigree and augments prior to adding a mythic bonus to my weapon using threads of fate?

I know the safe answer is 'yes', but that doesn't apply to every crafting system. For instance, I added Dexterity to a Sharn ring yesterday and the crafting station DID NOT eat the augment in the ring.

If anyone has done this upgrade and can speak from experience, please chime in.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Do I need to remove sentient gem/filigree and augments prior to adding a mythic bonus to my weapon using threads of fate?

I know the safe answer is 'yes', but that doesn't apply to every crafting system. For instance, I added Dexterity to a Sharn ring yesterday and the crafting station DID NOT eat the augment in the ring.

If anyone has done this upgrade and can speak from experience, please chime in.
    It shouldn't even let you do it if the sentient gem is in there. "Shouldn't"
    Edit: Why does it call them legendary threads? Are there herioc threads?

Last edited by Mindos; 09-20-2019 at 05:11 PM.

I was curious about this and have been meaning to upgrade mine anyway, so I gave it a try. If you put a Soulrazor with a sentient gem in the barter window there are no matches found. If you put a Soulrazor without a sentient gem in the barter window it finds the Mythic 2 option. I left one augment slotted and performed an upgrade, it kept the Augment and added Mythic 2.

(Standard): Legendary Threads of Fate success with Soulrazor! Consumed: 1,000 Threads of Fate (1,000). Created: Soulrazor (1). Soulrazor becomes Soulrazor.
    Last edited by vyvy3369; 09-21-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    - Henry Jones, Sarlona
    All done with Completionist (again) and Epic Completionist. First character to 30 on Sarlona* (before the rollback).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    I was curious about this and have been meaning to upgrade mine anyway, so I gave it a try. If you put a Soulrazor with a sentient gem in the barter window there are no matches found. If you put a Soulrazor without a sentient gem in the barter window it finds the Mythic 2 option. I left one augment slotted and performed an upgrade, it kept the Augment and added Mythic 2.

(Standard): Legendary Threads of Fate success with Soulrazor! Consumed: 1,000 Threads of Fate (1,000). Created: Soulrazor (1). Soulrazor becomes Soulrazor.
    Thank you sir.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard