Default Crystal Cove Weekend for Talk Like a Pirate Day?

Sometimes Crystal Cove comes back for Talk Like a Pirate Day. Is this the case this year?

Sorry I forgot how to talk like a pirate...
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Yaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr!!

Whole heartedly agree me hearty!

Ahoy! 'tis International Pirate Day today. Where be Crystal Cove sailin'?

I 'ave leftover treasures at th' Cove

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

It's been tradition to have Cove on Talk Like A Pirate Day... but didn't we just do Cove?
    Part of the problem, for me, with Cove and Ice Games - was they kept bringing them back in short order for a while. Granted, this was a long time back, but I got burned out hard on those events as a result and haven't partaken in them since. The special-ness of them wore off fast when they became less of a special event.

While it would have been nice if they had waited and launched Cove today (or this week)... but I'm kinda glad they didn't trot it back out of the barn so soon after last time.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    It's been tradition to have Cove on Talk Like A Pirate Day... but didn't we just do Cove?
    [...]

While it would have been nice if they had waited and launched Cove today (or this week)... but I'm kinda glad they didn't trot it back out of the barn so soon after last time.
    I personally think the event is kinda getting old and people are getting burnt out. Perhaps, they should put in undead pirates from Pirates of teh Carribean? or something and make it like a slayers area like Orchards of the Macabre or Thunderholme which is run everyday. Anyways, it needs new monsters, and new different/loot.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 09-19-2019 at 02:07 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Put it in HC at least. None of us have any CC mats over there, heh.

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    Sometimes Crystal Cove comes back for Talk Like a Pirate Day. Is this the case this year?

Sorry I forgot how to talk like a pirate...
    Arrrgh mateys, I be feelin' a wee bit peeved to not see a cove entrance.

Where be me short, sweet weekend visit to the Cove, ye bunch o scurvy bilge rats? Tis the season after all, and I have pirate booty yet to claim for me coffers.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

Arrrrrr! Where be my Crystal Cove?

True 'nuff we had it back recently but something's not quite right about Talk Like a Pirate Day without it!

I was hoping it would return again for today and the weekend.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Part of the problem, for me, with Cove and Ice Games - was they kept bringing them back in short order for a while. Granted, this was a long time back, but I got burned out hard on those events as a result and haven't partaken in them since.
    Well for the last couple of years, AFAICR, we've have CC in late summer followed by a reprise shortly after for TLaPD.

And when was Ice Games overdone? We usually have Festivult, a Christmas series of Store sales, and then the Ice Games in January - but those are all distinct, albeit similarly wintry-themed, events.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And when was Ice Games overdone?
    Just after it was released for the first time. They would roll it out for a week or two here or there - over the course of a few months. I don't want to say exactly when because I don't recall with perfect clarity - but it seemed like every time there was a slight hiccup (as there were a few at that time), they brought back the Ice Games as a mea-culpa. I loved the jumping the first few times - and my guild appreciated my recipe gathering. But hen it came out once too many times in short order, and I was done.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Please. I made the wife (newbie) do her first weekend long grind to get the shards we had left for turn-ins.

36 hours straight, then we crashed hard on tuesday morrning because doofus here thought the Barter Box would be active a week after the event closed down...

The couch is really starting to hurt my back.

---

Deranged Kobold Demands Euphonia's Barter Box, Pepperoni Pizza and a Helicopter

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d-a-Helicopter
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 09-20-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Between the F2P 10th anniv, the pathing issue (thanks again!), and the other various and sundry fires to be put out, I'm guessing this was just not practical. Shame - hopefully soon. Once/year does seem too rare.

Post Fresh From the Kobold Union Presses!

We *munches fresh rat..*spits..that no fresh rat!!!
    That's it no more helping YOU!! till we get SHINIES!!
    Kobold need FRESH rat!!!
    Kobold REMEMBER YOU FROM WATERWORKS!!
    Kobold expects help at the weekend...or you not be EATING fresh rat EITHER!!

Community Member

A pirate walks into a bar.
    He has an enormous wooden steering wheel mounted to his junk.
    The bartender looks at him, then the wheel, then back to him.
    He says to the pirate 'That looks quite uncomfortable captian'.
    The pirate says, 'Yarrrrr. It be drivin me nuts'.