Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Worst PUG experience in 10 years

this guy had a group up for diplomatic impunity and already started soloing it for 2 mins, me and another guy joined up and try to catch up to him but got lost for about 3 mins, instead of coming to help us he started to freaking the f out after the 1st minute. "OMFG U GUYS DONT KNOW THE QUEST AT ALL DO U??" "STTTTOOP NOT THAT WAY U IDIOTS" "U GUYS DONT KNOW SHT" all cap just goes on and on for 2 mins. i thought he was joking at first then i was so shocked i dont even know what to say to this nut job. at the end of the quest he still want me to do traps for him, im like "na f u and the traps" just kill the boss and left.

If that was the one of such an experience you had in a pug in a decade then, well nothing really.
    Hope you have another fine decade.

Community Member

Sorry you faced this, but at least you know who to not group with in the future. Probably others will as well.
    One bad egg in 10 years isn't bad going for an MMO.

(I would probably have just left the party immediately he started swearing and shouting).

10 years in the game and you've never learned the most run F2P chain for that level?

Did you never reach level 12 before and just kept re-rolling?

Joking aside, yes, that guy is a bad lead and doesn't even know how to properly run Diplomatic Impunity.

There are 2 group muster points that require full party to be there before reaching the end boss:

1) Only 1 guy (usually party lead) enters the quest, while the rest wait outside.
    2) After reaching the spy and activating "Warn Henrietta" message, 2nd guy enters and talks to Henrietta while the rest of the party still waits outside.
    3) 2nd guy disconnects for 1 min to let 1st guy bypass last barrier to the final boss.
    4) 2nd reconnects and the rest of the party enters. If done right, this only takes 2-3 mins total.
    5) Rest of the party runs thru the quest for final chest (those who care, atleast), while the 1st guy kills the boss.
    6) VOMs and done!

Or you can enter as a group.
    Go to spy.
    Dd back to start.
    Run as a group to that barrier and kill a few mobs on the way.
    Break barrier, cast mass invis and haste and run to endboss who passivizes his troops.
    End fight, don't die of flame yet traps.
    Loot your ring or whatever.
    Done.

AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian
    , Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    10 years in the game and you've never learned the most run F2P chain for that level?

Did you never reach level 12 before and just kept re-rolling?

Joking aside, yes, that guy is a bad lead and doesn't even know how to properly run Diplomatic Impunity.

There are 2 group muster points that require full party to be there before reaching the end boss:

1) Only 1 guy (usually party lead) enters the quest, while the rest wait outside.
    2) After reaching the spy and activating "Warn Henrietta" message, 2nd guy enters and talks to Henrietta while the rest of the party still waits outside.
    3) 2nd guy disconnects for 1 min to let 1st guy bypass last barrier to the final boss.
    4) 2nd reconnects and the rest of the party enters. If done right, this only takes 2-3 mins total.
    5) Rest of the party runs thru the quest for final chest (those who care, atleast), while the 1st guy kills the boss.
    6) VOMs and done!
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Go to spy.
    Dd back to start.
    Break barrier, cast mass invis and haste and run to endboss who passivizes his troops.
    Done.

Devs must read it and talk to each other...

- WHATTAHELLL!!!!

- We wrote and designed a bunch of cool encounters, optionals, dialogues and stuff for this fine quest and tha playas do THAT?????

- C'mon let's NWERF this xp/per minute hard!

Another Stoddard sighting? He was always an angry fellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by concavenator View Post
    this guy had a group up for diplomatic impunity and already started soloing it for 2 mins, me and another guy joined up and try to catch up to him but got lost for about 3 mins, instead of coming to help us he started to freaking the f out after the 1st minute. "OMFG U GUYS DONT KNOW THE QUEST AT ALL DO U??" "STTTTOOP NOT THAT WAY U IDIOTS" "U GUYS DONT KNOW SHT" all cap just goes on and on for 2 mins. i thought he was joking at first then i was so shocked i dont even know what to say to this nut job. at the end of the quest he still want me to do traps for him, im like "na f u and the traps" just kill the boss and left.
    I have been here for 13 years, never seen that. There are impatient people, but they just zerg, not yell (or in caps). However, I would advise to never group with such impatient barbarian...

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Sorry for you, mate!
    That is a bummer, because this types of player I left Argonnessen (I know Argo is/was a nice community, but back in the time had a Guild of ******s in there) years ago and moved to Sarlona, never experienced it in there.
    No Signature...

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Go to spy.
    Dd back to start.
    Done.
    Or you could just run the quest the way it is meant to be played.
    Ramp it up to the appropriate reaper level.
    Gather your party at the entrance.
    Fight your way to the first gather point.
    Fight your way to the village.
    Open the gate.
    Fight your way to the end fight.
    Then try your best to finish a very challenging end fight.

It is a heck of a lot more fun than following some easy script simply to get XP in the quickest time for the least amount of hassle.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    Since when is that F2P ? In my memory it isn't, but that was years ago ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Since when is that F2P ? In my memory it isn't, but that was years ago ...
    Diplomatic Impunity - Framework - Eye of Stone are F2P quests -
    No Signature...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Sorry for you, mate!
    That is a bummer, because this types of player I left Argonnessen (I know Argo is/was a nice community, but back in the time had a Guild of ******s in there) years ago and moved to Sarlona, never experienced it in there.
    haha great guess, this did happen on Argonnessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Another Stoddard sighting? He was always an angry fellow.
    Someday I'll have to run with that guy. I've heard so much about him.

What server is he on?
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

I feel your pain. I joined a group already in progress for Madstone Crater once. I was not super familiar as i always started that one with a group from the beginning. Anyway, i got lost, and the guy freaked out calling me a bunch of names telling me that madstone is "the most linear quest in DDO". Yeah, right.. He then started insulting others in the group, complaining they were doing things wrong. I stayed calm and just told him to relax, its just a game. Anyway, he got ****ed off and exited the quest 5 mins before we funished, so he got no xp and we all laughed together at what a jerk he was. I blocked him, but before i did, i figured out who i knew in his guild, and the people i knew were all super nice. Not sure how he acts around them. I didnt ask, just went about my business knowing i dont have to see him again

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    I feel your pain. I joined a group already in progress for Madstone Crater once. [...] I stayed calm and just told him to relax, its just a game. Anyway, he got ****ed off and exited the quest 5 mins before we funished, so he got no xp and we all laughed together at what a jerk he was. [...]
    The problem with Madstone Crator and the other quests involving underground tunnels together with surface areas is that the map display is borked when displaying in 2D while the dungeon is in 3D. DDO seems to have trouble displaying dungeons like that. See Restless Isles undersea tunnels adventure area.

Anyways, the guy is probably trying to play Madstone Crator trying to vent in DDO. He probably got a bad day from an angry wife, girl friend, boss, colleague and hence on passing on the negative energy to you.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

A good lead explains his strategy, if he/she wants to do it a special way. But as a joiner it is great if he/she tells the lead beforehand if he is unfamiliar with the quest. This goes both ways. Except it is that special player from Orien mentioned above. Nothing will prevent him insulting you.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

/squelch or /ignore is your friend.

I have not had to add to my list in years, but there are names on it ...
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

I can think of a few urban legends that fit this description, but most have not been sighted in years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast