Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Well, I spend quite a bit on DDO when I see fun stuff in the store that I need DDO points for Plus there's VIP.

Wine is NOT 64-bit though, so don't upgrade macOS if you want to play DDO. I don't get the impression that a 64-bit version of Wine is going to be available for a while either. I know I won't be doing so, I have a few 32-bit programs that I like.

I will have to drop DDO if the Wine version of DDO runs poorly though. Which is sad, I dropped DDO for a few years when they broke the store on OS X, then came back. I am quite active on DDO these days, so I know I'll be missed, but I am not about to play a game with minimal graphic settings again. I had to do it before I had a good system, I'm not going back.

Community Member

After downloading the Wine client, I got an error just trying to mount the DMG file. So never got to actually use it. I did, however, revisit my Crossover installation and found I could set Ultra High for the Graphics and it ran fairly smoothly, just one annoyance in my keymapping. So Wine IS capable of running it quite well, but the game won't auto-detect that it can

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danabear View Post
    Well this doesn't feel like a good strategy... Running Windows native apps in a Wine bottle nearly always results in worse performance over a native client.

How does this perform compared to the previous native app?

How will keybindings be affected? Now that it is not a native app, will it no longer support native macOS keyboard keys (specifically the command key and option key)?

This feels like a bandaid to avoid abandoning Mac users entirely. I knew DDO being sold to another company was a bad omen...
    As I've written elsewhere:
    There are a host of issues that have come up for me (admittedly I'm not a very tech-savy person.)
    My computer's fan starts screaming after only a couple of minutes in a public area,
    the initial log in window is complete computer-gibberish, so it's anyone's guess which server I'm loading onto,
    each load screen seems to have a 50/50 chance of actually loading, and a bunch of controls are now pretty wonky and quite frustrating...

I know that DDO has very little regard for Mac users, but I wish they were just honest with their intentions, because the drip-drip-drip on their contempt and slights is pretty frustrating.
    I've been a VIP service customer for awhile now, and this seems like not avery bright way to end a business relationship. I suppose they just don't care.

I'm paid up until the middle of next year, and if I could get a reimbursement, I'd quit right now. Certainly not resubscribing after this.

someone know where the screenshots go?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12