Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    118

    Default Regarding HC names

    If our names on the HC server are already taken on out home server please, oh please, give us -HC as a suffix as opposed to -1 or whatever.
    The -HC would be kind of a badge of honor.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,204

    Default

    I suggested this in another thread, but more specifically:
    -D if you died.
    -(level #) if you are alive

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Both great ideas. Maybe an amalgamation of the two.

  4. #4
    Community Member kelavas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    account has been disabled.
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I suggested this in another thread, but more specifically:
    -D if you died.
    -(level #) if you are alive
    I would argue both of these. I don't think -D would look any good.
    EX: Tank-D
    or
    EX: Tank-11
    that would confuse players thinking there are 11 copies of said Tank.

    I like the HC idea. Most players are familiar with HC and would know that HC means Hardcore and not something else.
    Tank-HC
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

  5. #5
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    If that -D makes it I'm going to roll a female half orc named Double in a clandestine outfit.

    Btw, I also tried the name The for a possibly winding up with a character named The~1 but someone else had taken it.

    Maybe I should try Neo.

    Edit:
    Just the HC suffix would mean that future iterations of the HC would get in trouble so a season identifier should be appended making it ~HCI
    Last edited by LightBear; 09-18-2019 at 09:17 AM.

  6. #6
    Community Member kelavas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    account has been disabled.
    Posts
    286

    Arrow signed

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    If that -D makes it I'm going to roll a female half orc named Double in a clandestine outfit.

    Btw, I also tried the name The for a possibly winding up with a character named The~1 but someone else had taken it.

    Maybe I should try Neo.

    Edit:
    Just the HC suffix would mean that future iterations of the HC would get in trouble so a season identifier should be appended making it ~HCI
    +1
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

  7. #7
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,632

    Default

    HL sounds legit, The "D" not at all. I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds demeaning in a way.



  8. #8
    Community Member Ralmeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    I definitely would go with -HC.

    Also, I want to mention that it is awesome to be able to use almost any name on HC and have it not been taken already.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    HL sounds legit, The "D" not at all. I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds demeaning in a way.
    It's supposed to be! it means you died.

  10. #10
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    It's supposed to be! it means you died.



  11. #11
    Community Member CaptainPurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    If you have full character slots I'm assuming you need to buy more or delete toons for a transfer. Yes no maybe so pull my finger.

  12. #12
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    333

    Default

    I wanted to give all my toons the name Hardcore... or the last Name Hardcore.

    But Hardcore is a banned word… except for Server names.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  13. #13
    The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    If you have full character slots I'm assuming you need to buy more or delete toons for a transfer. Yes no maybe so pull my finger.
    Yeah, you'll have to have the empty character slots to transfer the HC characters to your home server.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload