Default Randomly located Named Loot

I was reading a different thread and someone mentioned Luck Blade.

I think there are some other randomly located named items like Sunsword and Ioun Stones.

I think it would be cool if Lynabelle would create a few more of these types of items. It's always fun...for me at least...to find these types of things. It's a little different than the way things work today...but I think it would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

Community Member

I would love some meaningful random location loot. Ransacking the same chest over and over sucks.

Some items are thematic for a quest, some are not. Those that are not tied thematically to a quest should drop anywhere in the pack. They just made this happen with artifacts, so the work is done. I would love it if 1 (or at most 2) items were tied to each quest, but everything else dropped randomly in the pack.

Sure Bob's sword should drop in the quest where you beat Bob.
    But the sword of the unknown hero could drop in any quest.
    Last edited by Cantor; 09-18-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    I would love some meaningful random location loot. Ransacking the same chest over and over sucks.
    Agreed

And some chests are hard to appear, since their Rare encounter don't show up so often.

I'm looking for a Tourney Armour just for the sake of glammering it... is a long run, to a chance to the rare appear if it appear is a small chance to loot the item.
    In my guild no one has it, AH and SE don't have any...
    No Signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Agreed

And some chests are hard to appear, since their Rare encounter don't show up so often.

I'm looking for a Tourney Armour just for the sake of glammering it... is a long run, to a chance to the rare appear if it appear is a small chance to loot the item.
    Roll up iconic hero, take it to 15. go out to the rare, kill/loot chest > go into a quest (i think maraud the mines is the closest), summon and then dismiss a hireling (this resets the wilderness) run back to the rare, loot chest /repeat
    its helpful to have a few different hirelings since they are on a 5 min timer to re-summon.
    ransack chest, delete iconic/repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Roll up iconic hero, take it to 15. go out to the rare, kill/loot chest > go into a quest (i think maraud the mines is the closest), summon and then dismiss a hireling (this resets the wilderness) run back to the rare, loot chest /repeat
    its helpful to have a few different hirelings since they are on a 5 min timer to re-summon.
    ransack chest, delete iconic/repeat

Did it with four different toons in a rotation... the % of Errulf showing up was less than 25%... Arruyu appears very often.
    No Signature...

It would be fun, especially if those items were more useful/valuable now than some of the older ones are. (Most of the older ones seem dated when compared to modern alternative named items which can be intentionally farmed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    I think there are some other randomly located named items like Sunsword and Ioun Stones.

I think it would be cool if Lynabelle would create a few more of these types of items. It's always fun...
    There is a very(!) small chance for (almost?) any chest to add a "special item" from an old list.

Some other examples are Murlynd's Spoon (which was more important in the environment of the early years of the game) and the Pearl of Sirines (which is still a very nice drop!).

Tomes fall into this "rare find" category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Place your toon name and server or advertise in the LFG...
    Mine honestly get fed (and sold before that). I've had 2, maybe 3 drop. The greaves were what I was after for a quick swap out for Fire Absorb before it became easier to craft it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    There is a very(!) small chance for (almost?) any chest to add a "special item" from an old list.

Some other examples are Murlynd's Spoon (which was more important in the environment of the early years of the game) and the Pearl of Sirines (which is still a very nice drop!).
    The chest has to fall within a certain level range. I do not believe any chest above level 13 (level 11 adventures) can drop these items.

But it would be awesome if the list was updated/expanded/rotated every business quarter (every season).
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Place your toon name and server or advertise in the LFG...
    Mine honestly get fed (and sold before that). I've had 2, maybe 3 drop. The greaves were what I was after for a quick swap out for Fire Absorb before it became easier to craft it.
    I have posted in Sarlona Marketplace - Tourney Armor
    No Signature...

There is a way of creating random named loot already in place too! This is the old wondrous effects from Wheloon and I think Storm Horns. The items can be fed to sentient gems also.

I would take this mechanic and radically expand it so any rare cheat might drop one and then use some of those crazy old fun prefixes and affixes like Sun’s Glory etc. Also make the level 20+ accept sentience.

For a brief while, lootgen was really fun until CC and then Ravenloft blew it out. Now folks hunt for lowbie vorpals, rare crafting blanks, cosmetic blueprints and not much else. That is sad.

btw I pulled a luck blade from NPC after Kobold Assault some time ago, even had a screenie.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    they are on a 5 min timer to re-summon.
    Umm ... Not true in current game state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    Umm ... Not true in current game state.
    I noticed this recently too.