Default Hardcore question

I have a question regarding stablizing in hardcore mode. The situation was that I was brought to 0 hp in von3. Time passed and when I would have usually returned to a minimum amount of hp I instead died. Where can I find rules relating to this and other instances? Thank you.
    Khyberite

Community Member

Without diehard, you're at the mercy of RNG for stabilizing and not bleeding out. https://ddowiki.com/page/Diehard Unless you had diehard...

Community Member

https://ddowiki.com/page/Unconscious

There is a 10% chance every time you would bleed (lose a hp every 10 seconds) that you become stable on your own.

or heal kits, regen, a heal, temp hp, etc, but solo with nothing set up in advance you've got a 10% chance per hp down to -10, unless you have extra unconscious range.

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    I have a question regarding stablizing in hardcore mode. The situation was that I was brought to 0 hp in von3. Time passed and when I would have usually returned to a minimum amount of hp I instead died. Where can I find rules relating to this and other instances? Thank you.
    If you wanna spend money, a cake will bring you up from incap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    If you wanna spend money, a cake will bring you up from incap.
    i noticed this option popped up. my question is that i did stablize and still died... i was reduced to exactly 0 hp, then made my stabization roll and instead of gaining hp i died.
    Khyberite

In Hardcore, hit points are the best. Get as many as you reasonably can. Die hard and being able to recover from being knocked unconscious is nice in a pinch, but it’s not something to rely on. In my experience, you really want to work at not being anywhere near 0 HP.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

i noticed this option popped up. my question is that i did stablize and still died... i was reduced to exactly 0 hp, then made my stabization roll and instead of gaining hp i died.
    You went to zero, had ONE stabilization roll, failed it, and instantly died? I think you're supposed to fail one roll at a time, going to minus 10 before you die? Using the cake at any point before you die, meaning before you reach minus 10 will bring you back up. If you only had one roll check for stabilization, maybe that's a bug with falling to exactly zero hp.

You went to zero, had ONE stabilization roll, failed it, and instantly died? I think you're supposed to fail one roll at a time, going to minus 10 before you die? Using the cake at any point before you die, meaning before you reach minus 10 will bring you back up. If you only had one roll check for stabilization, maybe that's a bug with falling to exactly zero hp.
    no i MADE my stabilization roll... i did not fail any rolls. i was at 0 and then MADE my stabilization roll and then time passes and you come back usually but i died. again, i MADE my roll and was never below 0 and i know the range of unconscious is -9 to 0. on regular servers when this happens you dont die so this must be a hardcore mechanic which checking diehard or what not on ddowiki does not address
    Khyberite

no i MADE my stabilization roll... i did not fail any rolls. i was at 0 and then MADE my stabilization roll and then time passes and you come back usually but i died. again...
    Let me guess... Barbarian, by any chance?

If Frenzy timer runs out, you lose temporary Con, and your HPs drop. If that happened between the time you stabilized and actually stood up... RIP. Sorry.

(Edit - Warchanter's Skaldic Frenzy works too.)

If not Frenzy, then something else that gave you temp HP? Warlock's Feigned Health has a timer, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Let me guess... Barbarian, by any chance?

If Frenzy timer runs out, you lose temporary Con, and your HPs drop. If that happened between the time you stabilized and actually stood up... RIP. Sorry.

(Edit - Warchanter's Skaldic Frenzy works too.)

If not Frenzy, then something else that gave you temp HP? Warlock's Feigned Health has a timer, etc etc.
    no... again, i know how unconscious works. ive been brought to below 0 plenty of times... i am asking what the mechanics on the hardcore server are since they are indeed different. there is no, "well, maybe it was this or that..." on any other server i would not have died at that moment. this is only hardcore server related. im not complaining that i died since the red named troll in von 3 could have finished me off easily but he didnt he left area. again, not complaining asking for information about mechanics on hardcore server. thank you.

edit: i was a drow 8 wiz 2 rog archmage 0 pts in necro
    Khyberite

no... again, i know how unconscious works. ive been brought to below 0 plenty of times... i am asking what the mechanics on the hardcore server are since they are indeed different. there is no, "well, maybe it was this or that..." on any other server i would not have died at that moment. this is only hardcore server related. im not complaining that i died since the red named troll in von 3 could have finished me off easily but he didnt he left area. again, not complaining asking for information about mechanics on hardcore server. thank you.

edit: i was a drow 8 wiz 2 rog archmage 0 pts in necro
    Not wishing to poke your "I know about unconsiousness" button, but since HC unconsciousness works exactly the same as the regular servers**, then something else happened. Could have been a weird lag/RNG bug, or... Did you check back through the Combat log to make sure nothing else combat related had ticked up more damage on you?

[As a lag/bug example, a guildie 'died' but apparently got healing of some sort in the nick of time and revived next to his soul stone which he was able to pick up. Weird stuff happens.]

**minor adjustment of "exactly", they did disable the /death function. But otherwise it's all the same.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Ok I just tested this out on the regular live servers. I got incapped down to minus something, with the extra range from the airship. I have the diehard feat so I waited. As soon as I stabilized, I instantly died. Why? It appears to be a bug, when you go incap, then stand up, ALL of your casted buffs dissappear. So I stood up, lost my primal scream extra hitpoints, and boom dead. At least I think that's what happened.
    It was very fast and shocking. Of course I have the combat log turned off, of course!

Ok I just tested this out on the regular live servers. I got incapped down to minus something, with the extra range from the airship. I have the diehard feat so I waited. As soon as I stabilized, I instantly died. Why? It appears to be a bug, when you go incap, then stand up, ALL of your casted buffs dissappear. So I stood up, lost my primal scream extra hitpoints, and boom dead. At least I think that's what happened.
    It was very fast and shocking. Of course I have the combat log turned off, of course!
    Even if that's not the OP's cause, it's still a pretty significant find.

Totally heinous on the HC server.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

0 is not stablized...that is just current HP
    you stop losing HP at the 1 hp level

also if your at 0 hp and something hits you for 10 more dam...straight to dead lands
    it will happen so quick you won't even know you been hit again unless you check combat log.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

bugged this years ago.

instead of stripping your buffs when you die the game strips them after you go incap. Of course there will be something in there that gives con or raises max hp, and when that disappears, character death ensues.

Yeah if you have ever died and had the airship as your bind point, I find that if I click the ammenitites bar as soon as I get there I can run a few steps and then BAM, the buffs I had when I died seem to come back, disappear, I fall down dead again, then pop back up with the new buffs. Really weird, and not sure if that's what's happening but that's the only way I can describe it. I know this is not how the OP described what happened to him (as he was still in the quest) but it may be related.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.