Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loot Gaps

Default Loot Gaps

I don't know about others but I've had a real struggle fitting certain attributes into my gear, and was wondering if we could poke Lynnabel for (more of) them in future loot please;

Very Difficult:
    Insightful Stunning / Combat Mastery
    Resistance (pretty please just as one stat, not separate ones for Reflex, Fort, etc)

Difficult:
    Insightful Wisdom (on melee items)
    Insightful Charisma (on melee items)
    Profane Well Rounded (on melee items)
    Insightful Constitution (in general, I think everyone wants this)

Feel free to add your own peeps!

Systems Designer

Threads like this make my job a lot easier, I approve

Here, now it's on the dev tracker so more people will see it, bwahahah
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    I don't know about others but I've had a real struggle fitting certain attributes into my gear, and was wondering if we could poke Lynnabel for (more of) them in future loot please;

Very Difficult:
    Insightful Stunning / Combat Mastery
    Resistance (pretty please just as one stat, not separate ones for Reflex, Fort, etc)

Difficult:
    Insightful Wisdom (on melee items)
    Insightful Charisma (on melee items)
    Profane Well Rounded (on melee items)
    Insightful Constitution (in general, I think everyone wants this)

Feel free to add your own peeps!
    I miss the Speed affix on braces... had two Level 13.
    They could comeback.
    No Signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Threads like this make my job a lot easier, I approve

Here, now it's on the dev tracker so more people will see it, bwahahah
    Omg I love you Lynnabel, thank you!!!

Community Member

I agree that we need more resistance items. You have slavers crafting and Circle of Malevolence for +14, and Legendary Bracers of Order and Chaos for +16. And that is it as far as I know.

Community Member

30% runspeed (either Striding or Speed) is usually one of the more bottleneck-y affixes when I'm doing gear tetris, especially in Heroic where you cant just Topaz a 30%...though those Augments arent purchaseable either so you cant plan around them anyway.

- ML8-20 assasinate / ins. assasinate on non weapon items. in light of falconry future items need not be overly rogue centered (synergy with light/no armor suitable effects fine)

- raid loot revamp2 for lower epic raids.

- named items ML 20-26, whatever kind

(last 2 could be combined with a pack in that range - maybe a pack like dragonborn, 2 flag quests, 1 raid, raid low mid epic, corresponding loot in that range)

edit: for effects lacking in heroics mentioned in this thread, consider adding a small amount of new items to challenges maybe, if otherwise we'd have to wait a year for a pack that has the level range ...
    Last edited by Eryhn; 09-17-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    I miss the Speed affix on braces... had two Level 13.
    They could comeback.
    They should change the speed affix while they are at it. Give them 30% running speed across all levels, I´ve got 2 old items with 25% at lvl 5 and 30% at lvl 9, new items can be lvl 15 and still only have a 25% runspeed modifier... keep the scaling on melee alacrity thou.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    This.

When I see just reflex/fortitude/wisdom saves, I sigh and don't use the loot unless it has something else I want, and then just slot the level appropriate augment (at least in heroics- in epic the augments are pretty meh) for Resistance. I'd rather have +3 to all saves than +4 to reflex saves on a rogue that already has good reflex saves or wisdom saves on an inquisitive with slippery mind. I don't understand why these individual saves have become so common, especially when they're usually not much more powerful than similar loot at level with Resistance for all three. Either make the individual save bonuses huge enough to actually incentivize slotting three separate save items or just roll them all into one, even with a slight hit, and I'm guaranteed to slot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    - named items ML 20-26, whatever kind
    A solid set of items at level 20 would make low epics a ton better. A lot of the low epic content is pretty easy with heroic loot, since it's Old DDO and, therefore, balanced around Old DDO power levels, which had low epics roughly similar to, say, Sharn, which is what I used mostly last life from 15-26. Some of the S/S/S loot has a few similar effects, but on balance the items are typically lacking in the robustness of Sharn loot (i.e. several useful effects and set bonuses that sweeten the deal, instead of one really good effect and a couple that are obsoleted by even just random loot gen) Still, it would be nice to have a set that I could put on, run through early epics with, and then switch to high epic gear towards cap.

For my own personal "Loot Gap", early game ghost touch weapons. With the buff to Reaper, low heroics is like pulling teeth for melee/ranged unless you have Mabar augments or old rand-gen ghost touch gear. Other than a dagger (from Mabar). The earliest Ethereal/Ghostly gear which is readily obtainable is level 9 (with WPM bracers and a Tempest's Spine cloak, though there is a level 7 Mabar rune arm), so until then you can't slot it in gear, and there are only eight weapon types that have named Ghost Touch weapons before 10 (Great Sword, Long Sword, Handwraps, Long Bow, Dagger, !!!Tower Shield!!!, Maul, and Quarterstaff). I get that reaper is supposed to be hard, but it seems like melees are straight up getting shut out of low reaper unless you can craft ghost touch or have a few named weapons (most of which drop from catacombs or necropolis) which just seems like a slap in the face to a build time that already seems a little disadvantaged in reaper. Perhaps having Keep on the Borderlands drop weapons with ghost touch (one of each type of weapon, like RL or Sharn, though I think Sharn has cooler weapons since they're not all just the same template) would be an easy solution to this. Alternatively, make crafting Ghost Touch weapons much easier, since it's currently locked behind a pretty high crafting level.

Just my two cents on something that really frustrated me this life. I just hit 11 and with ghost touch reaper is a breeze (well, reapers take quite a few hits, but that's good), but at level 9 it was like pulling teeth because of RNGesus saying "Nah, the last 10 attacks have all been in the 50% of fails, have fun with Fear Itself!"
    Last edited by CSQ; 09-17-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    30% runspeed (either Striding or Speed) is usually one of the more bottleneck-y affixes when I'm doing gear tetris, especially in Heroic where you cant just Topaz a 30%...though those Augments arent purchaseable either so you cant plan around them anyway.
    I did three scoundrel lives just to get around this particular piece of gear tetris. For non-caster builds, it's pretty easily the best past life bonus (for ranged because of kiting, for melee because you don't have to waddle over) and it takes effect at level 1, meaning Korthos isn't quite as much of a slog anymore. That said, it's quite an investment, though that passive reflex save bonus is nice even if you go for a different active bonus later.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Insightful spell focus mastery is the thorn in my side for every build I like to try to make, which are usually hybrids. Would love to see this on boots or gloves.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Ammunition. Some specialty 100% returning ammunition would be a really nice quality of life improvement that I would gladly farm for even in a raid.

A 100% returning +1 Adamantine arrow ML 1 and a 100% returning +1 Cold Iron arrow and a 100% returning +1 Silver arrow (and equivalent for Bolts) would be a great addition to a challenging quest.

A 100% returning +1 Blunt arrow ML 1 (like the Epic Purifying Quiver) and a 100% returning Slashing arrow (and equivalent for Bolts) would be something I'd run a raid for.

We can already get all of that except for the Blunt and Slashing arrow from House D favor, but being able to do that without having to worry about reloading ever would be pretty nifty.

I'm mentioning these here even though they're not prefixes/suffixes abilities because it's a pain to slot all of those kinds of things on bows/crossbows in some cases. Not impossible, but yes a pain.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Anything that makes a DC Arcane Archer viable again. In order to get good enough DC's in Sharn you currently have to wear a Sharn DC set, which means not only are you gimping out in medium or heavy armor but also have horrid DPS.

I'd like to have some of my builds back that were broken with Sharn itemization.

I find the following nearly impossible to find in level 29 items:

Insightful and Quality Glaciation
    Insightful and Quality Resonance
    Corrosion (not Insightful, Quality, or Enhanced - just plain old Corrosion)

I can find the following but considering their utility, you'd figure they'd be more common and on more varied item slots:

Resistance (the kind that applies to ALL saves)
    Protection (Deflection bonus to AC variety)

The Quarterstaff from Strahd (Nocturne) was an amazing item in that it had pretty much all the kinds of Spellpower (Impulse), and some Lore for a force-based Wizard, which were useful until Shiradi was overly nerfed and made Force-based casters practically useless. The Evocation focuses were not necessary, as there are no saves for Force spells, but they were nice for other Evocation spells you might need to cast.

Wave could have been made similarly but for Cold-based Wizards. Unfortunately, that opportunity was missed.
    Last edited by Arkat; 09-17-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Haven't seen enough GHOSTBANE lately….
    And I collect Halfling Bane.... so they could be on more things… I was thinking like a set… gloves that do a bit of bane Damage to halflings…. and bracers that really add a lot to that.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Default Scale up cannith crafting

Stats in Cannith Crafting at lev 29+ are way under current gear.

Also, pretty pretty please add Deception to cannith crafting!!!

Nico

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    A solid set of items at level 20 would make low epics a ton better.
    Yes, please! Ideally, old items could be updated to meet the lack of relevant gear in this level range: old epic gear, MOTU gear, etc. However, I would except new sets focused on level 20 gear.
    Epicsoul and Favoritesoul of Orien

Something I would like to see on more items is: Druidic Survival Mastery
    Right now, only one item has this ability.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Community Member

+10 Insightful Dex/Con/Str is really only found in the form of Collective sight. It would be great to get some stand-alone items that slot that in. Maybe a few items with the Nearly Finished system with that as an option in various slots.

On the spellcaster side, slotting in Insightful Spell DCs is outside of raid loot or Orbs is nigh impossible, which negatively impacts gish builds. Adding this to some other forms of equipment would make it much easier to get that extra 4-5 DC.

Force/Resonance spellpower/crit is only found on raid items or slavers. My EK and other peoples bards/fey warlocks would love it if there was an item or 3 to fit that in as easily as you can for the cardinal energy types. You could even make an EK Sword/Hammer that feeds into EKs force damage from its cleaves that has Force Crit, Power, and some cool ability proccing off of Force Damage for melee hits (Something along the lines of reverberating force, building as it goes).

More combination Spellpower/Crit a la RL belts or the Sharn staves really helps builds out that rely on multiple damage types. Or alternatively, more generic Potency and Spell Lore items floating around to at least get a baseline power/crit boost would help immensely for DC builds that can't slot a whole bunch of damage types.

In general, more gear that crosses traditional roles is nice for those martial wizard/sorcs/artificers/warlocks/druids/FvS/Clerics etc. It is very difficult to get both things in a build. Not asking for a gear set to have everything, but gear that crosses those lines can help those mixed builds be a little more viable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Stats in Cannith Crafting at lev 29+ are way under current gear.

Also, pretty pretty please add Deception to cannith crafting!!!

Nico
    Yes, this please. It doesn't have to completely scale up, but right now straight ability scores now have a 6pt gap up from 4 with ravenloft. And requires it to be level 30! Scaling past what is currently done with a max ML of 29 for all 30+ cannith crafting would help a lot in filling holes in gearsets. Crafted gear already has one less slot than named, no need to also have it be strictly worse than named in numbers as well. It's supposed to have the same scaling, something that gets repeated every time people ask about numbers with new gear. It's time to raise the caps on cannith crafting to match (or be very slightly under) current named maxes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast