Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loot Gaps

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    MRR I find challenging on my two melee, and resort to CC or Slavers for the 38 sheltering to fill the gap.
    Yep, you definitely can't have everything, which is probably good or everyone would have the exact same gear on. I put a priority on saves and MRR beyond where many others seem to, and as a result I was rolling with Cursebane Focus and now the Standard Issue Sigil for MRR & Spell Saves on my rogue mech. Most ranged at end game are wearing the Family Recruit Sigil from the Sharn melee set on the neck slot for AP, Deadly, and Relentless Fury for maxing DPS. I have AP and Deadly, but of course at the expense of other effects. The gear tetris never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Blurry is another I don't have on my two melee who are equipped with the latest and greatest through sharn.
    I'm not up on melee meta, but the Braided Cutcord is (or at least was) my go-to. I got a nice upgrade to Lesser D with Wallwatch where it's included on the wildwood gauntlets. If new Sharn melee sets don't include any options for Blurry or Lesser D, that seems like an oversight... I just checked loot thread on Lam forum and this does appear to be the case. I'm guessing that the Cutcord is not a great option for melee. The perma-Blurry item page on DDOwiki reminds me a lot of the Improved Deception item page, the list is mostly made up of older items that simply aren't viable at current end game. There really should be some piece of sharn gear with Blurry/Lesser D other than just ranged set gloves and a Wizardy ring.

EDIT: LHoX armor does have Sheltering 49 and Blurry (and Parrying 9 too). Though admittedly punting on Legendary RL or Sharn set bonuses is not a great idea. At least LHox armor is ML 27, so useful for a bit.
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 09-18-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L10 TWF dagger assassin, doesn't know what he's doing yet

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    I can't remember the last time I found an everbright weapon. Ghost bane also seems to be absurdly rare now. I am practically tripping over vorpal weapons in comparison.
    In my levels below 10, i have a similar experience. Plus, oooze bane weapons are so rare now I bought a dagger from a pawn broker just because i wanted to have ooze bane !
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    In my levels below 10, i have a similar experience. Plus, oooze bane weapons are so rare now I bought a dagger from a pawn broker just because i wanted to have ooze bane !
    But why would a dagger be an ooze bane weapon? Wouldn't it just split oozes just like arrows and bolts do?

Maybe you meant Ooze multiplier?

You should look for Muck's Doom.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

i have nothing to add but i want to echo the request about please having resistance instead of fort\ref\will and sheltering instead of phy \mag

thanks
    Server: Cannith

Guild Forum: La Santa Alleanza

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Biggest Loot Gap IMO is lack of quality (current power level) Named Loot from 20-29. Would also be nice to see something done at ML5

Crazy idea update MoTU loot and then create ML 5 version of the loot as well bought with the same commendations as ML20 stuff ... ya crazy.

Another really crazy idea since Sharn is the new ML29 stuff lower Ravenloft ML to 25 with out downgrading the power ... ya really crazy.
    Both of those are great ideas. I grow really tired of the endless influx of level 28+ gear with each new pack or expansion. Level 28+ is a very tiny portion of the game that rarely lasts for more than a day or two. People are so powerful at level 28+ that I level faster there (even though more experience is required) than I do at much lower levels. I'd really like to see more gear focus on levels where it can actually be used for a while (i.e. level 1 to 25) and we need something powerful enough that you can equip it at level 10 to 20 and not have to change it before level 30 without being totally weak toward the end there. There is not enough space to hold all this level 28+ gear for just 1 day of playing at a time.

While we are making requests, can you design an item that follows the cannith crafting table (possibly an updated cannith crafting table that is stronger than the current one like someone requested) and simply increases in power as you level? You already have a whole table of stats for what a ML 1 versus ML 5 versus ML 20 item will have for various stats. Make an item that checks, not the minimum level of the item, but the level of the character and awards a stat bonus accordingly. Such an item can be equipped at any level (even if it is found in a max level raid) and its stats would follow the cannith crafting table as you level.

I'd rather not have to raid, but this is one kind of item that would motivate me to do so. Raiding for loot is pointless now since it is all so high in level I can never wear it. But if I could equip it at level one and it would continue to have relevant power all the way to 30, there would finally be a reason to get all this high level loot that drops (and this would nicely solve the inventory nightmare that makes the game less fun than it should be).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound Misfit View Post
    as someone said earlier, 3 scoundrel lives is quicker than hunting the quiver
    Yeah, I just read that suggestion earlier in the thread and I think that is what I am going to tell my new friend to do after our next life. Perhaps I will just run 3 iconics in a row with him so that he can get this.

Community Member

Default Check this idea devs! :(

This would take a lot of coding i bet, but why not implement something similar to the alter that you can change min level 29 raid gear to 28.

Below would be strictly for sheltering and resistance

For example, if you take all named gear with 1 type of resistance (say Reflex), and put it in the alter with some sort of currency (shards, raid runes, etc), you can upgrade to Resistance (covers all 3)

Another example. if you take all named gear with 1 type of prr or mrr and put it in the alter with some sort of currency (shards, raid runes, etc), you can upgrade to Sheltering (covers both)

What do you think?
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    This very much needs to happen. I was telling a new player just the other day that his best bet for getting a quiver of alacrity for the 30% run speed buff at level 1 was to just give up. The raid involves too much flagging for most people to bother and the raid itself is a pain. We need other sources of 30% run speed at level 1 and simply making all speed items give 30% and only having the melee alacrity change with level is a great solution. I have my quiver and never play without it. Newer people should have the same opportunity to keep up with the group.
    Expeditious retreat clickies drop in korthos quests and from end rewards. Can accumulate these over multiple lives.

I'm not saying your solution shouldnt be implemented, but since U1 (10 years ago, the original f2p launch) this really has not been THAT much of an issue.

Thaumaturgy Staves...
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian
    , Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Default Why not both?

One thing I saw in this thread (kinda, but it gave me an idea) but would like to say that I like. Make there be both the general resistance and specific saves, BUT make the specific save higher (or resistance lower) by a significant enough margin that people still have a hard time choosing between them. And do the same thing with MRR and PRR. Its the same principle as spellpower seems to be. you can get general spellpower that covers everything or you can get a (usually significantly) better version in a single element. I dont hear anyone complaining much about that.
    World - Khyber
    Main - Sorcandra
    Guild - Raven Nation

Biggest Loot Gap IMO is lack of quality (current power level) Named Loot from 20-29. Would also be nice to see something done at ML5

Crazy idea update MoTU loot and then create ML 5 version of the loot as well bought with the same commendations as ML20 stuff ... ya crazy.

Another really crazy idea since Sharn is the new ML29 stuff lower Ravenloft ML to 25 with out downgrading the power ... ya really crazy.
    You are right. More than how to have another obviously BiS piece of gear, what we are missing is some discipline in loot design. Power levels should be gated by the difficulty of content, and the ML.

For many years loot designers have brought loot that was uninspired and just boosted it by making it better via power creep. Sharn is perhaps one of the more obvious cases of that, although slavers was a big example too.

A big loot standardization pass is needed. Impose some more strict rules on power and ML; this will force loot designers to be more careful and creative, keep more content alive, and reign in power creep.

Obviously this would clash with the recent paradigm of full on selling power in the store, but it doesn’t change the fact that it would be the right thing from a gameplay perspective, IMHO.

Ps- the collective glasses designed by the community are one of the worst pieces of gear ina. Long time.

Artifacts that can be slotted into any jewelry slot instead of only being used in a specific slot. This is more how I think Artifacts should have been implemented (outside of having their own slot, but weaker than they are currently). This would have made Artifact more flexible, similarly to Slave Lords crafted items.

The current implementation makes it too much of a headache to be able to slot all the stats you need as no matter what gear set up I try on melee I always missing something like Accuracy, Tactics, Resistances, Insightful Ability etc.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    Artifacts that can be slotted into any jewelry slot instead of only being used in a specific slot. This is more how I think Artifacts should have been implemented (outside of having their own slot, but weaker than they are currently). This would have made Artifact more flexible, similarly to Slave Lords crafted items.

The current implementation makes it too much of a headache to be able to slot all the stats you need as no matter what gear set up I try on melee I always missing something like Accuracy, Tactics, Resistances, Insightful Ability etc.
    I think that's part of the plan: to make you have to make decisions about what things you really want and what you're willing to give up, instead of just having a single blanket item that you simply must have no matter what. Because if you could slot it into any jewelry slot, there's six possible places to slot a single item (two rings, wrists, eyes, neck, trinket). You don't have to weigh as carefully whether this particular item fits into your gear set.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

just good and incorporeal bypass of some variant easily available by the time I get to Deleras please. oh and blunt.

i feel so sorry for new players on melees every time I do that quest.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    just good and incorporeal bypass of some variant easily available by the time I get to Deleras please. oh and blunt.

i feel so sorry for new players on melees every time I do that quest.
    Ghostly is craftable now ... Players and devs know ... Folks are making a fortune on AH on HC server with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    For many years loot designers have brought loot that was uninspired and just boosted it by making it better via power creep. Sharn is perhaps one of the more obvious cases of that, although slavers was a big example too.
    Meh, I think there doing the best they can creating new innovative/imaginative things is hard. The spike from Ravenloft to Sharn is no where as bad as pre MOTU post MOTU or pre Ravenloft post Ravenloft. Power creep (which imo Sharn was) doesn't bother me so much, its when it leaps that I have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    A big loot standardization pass is needed. Impose some more strict rules on power and ML; this will force loot designers to be more careful and creative, keep more content alive, and reign in power creep.
    They have done this they standardized around 4 effects at Cannith power levels with one slot for non end game gear, and I suspect that end game gear is on the same power chart its just ml 29 but at power level XX for Ravenloft and XX+1 (maybe +2).

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    But why would a dagger be an ooze bane weapon? Wouldn't it just split oozes just like arrows and bolts do?

Maybe you meant Ooze multiplier?

You should look for Muck's Doom.
    I don't know. All I can say is that it is there, in one of my character's inventory.

I do have MuchBane in another toon's inventory as well ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Systems Designer

They have done this they standardized around 4 effects at Cannith power levels with one slot for non end game gear, and I suspect that end game gear is on the same power chart its just ml 29 but at power level XX for Ravenloft and XX+1 (maybe +2).
    You've got good insight, this is entirely correct (although our ilevel numbers are a little different than your example). As some additional information, for heroics, we place Named Loot on the CC curve exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post
    I think that's part of the plan: to make you have to make decisions about what things you really want and what you're willing to give up, instead of just having a single blanket item that you simply must have no matter what.
    Yep :)

This thread has a lot of great discussion, I'm glad it's picking up speed.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Both of those are great ideas. I grow really tired of the endless influx of level 28+ gear with each new pack or expansion. Level 28+ is a very tiny portion of the game that rarely lasts for more than a day or two. ... snip ... for just 1 day of playing at a time.

... snip ....
    You need to either clarify if you are speaking for yourself only in your post (because you did not ) or do some research before posting .

I personally spend at least a week at level 30 and know of guildies that spend 3+ weeks at cap. One of these guildies even TR s back to 20 and goes back to 30 in 3-4ish days just to stay at 30 for another 3-4 weeks. So level 28+ is over 90% of the game time for him ( takes him about a week to go 1 to 20). So to call it a tiny portion of the game is incorrect for a notable portion of the gaming population.

I do agree that certain levels need better loot options prior to level 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

This thread has a lot of great discussion, I'm glad it's picking up speed.
    This is lvl 28+ gear feedback.

Things that annoy me:
    1 - resistance split up between effects.
    2 - sheltering split between MRR and PRR

Things that are missing/hard to find on the loot table:
    1 - ghostly

Potential loot issues:
    1 - set gear is so strong that everyone will be striving to use it. There is 0 flexibility in slot allocation. This means that every item that is featured in those 3 slots will be tossed out by anyone with a set that requires that slot. This means that any armor you make will never be considered unless its part of a set. This also creates issues where people all end up with almost identical gear.
    2 - strong sets punish mulit-dementional toons and encourage linear toons. For example a ranger who wants to use a bow and weapons will find that the set bonuses will prevent them from being effective in both areas.

Wish list:
    1 - more consolidation of effects. Resistance’s, sheltering, skills (like the LGS skill boosters), melee and ranged alacrity into one, doubleshot and doublestrike into one.
    2 - less of a focus on set bonuses, or more gear slot flexibility within those set bonuses. The ravenloft 5 pc set bonus worked really well because there were many options to chose from.
    3 - more support of multi-demential builds.
    4 - LGS had the wonderful thing off adding additional effects to spell casting. It unfortunately can not accept sentience which means that any caster who uses a shield or orb can not use LGS effects. Make more LGS effects that tack on to spells aviable. Maybe even put some in non-weapon slots.

Additional ideas:
    1 - since set bonuses seem to be the way, add in additional sets that can be used along the main set, BUT make them artifact bonuses as well so people can not stack there toons with more of the same. The secondary sets are used to encourage a secondary aspect of a build.
    2 - Add random generated named loot to the table. Make it the same power level as custom named loot but restrict it to 3 effects. We have teal bordered items, and in the past they where viable and fun. Return this to us!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast