Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loot Gaps

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Sweet, thanks!
    Blargh, this took a million years. But, still, it's now anchored in its own script - the fix is retroactive, should be in an upcoming patch.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    -

- raid loot revamp2 for lower epic raids.

- named items ML 20-26, whatever kind

(last 2 could be combined with a pack in that range - maybe a pack like dragonborn, 2 flag quests, 1 raid, raid low mid epic, corresponding loot in that range)

This please. A million times please.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Slappinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Lack of items that similar to Wild Frost and Wild Flame for other spell damage types that include enhancement, insightful, lore and spell focus on same item. Similarly there no items that improved other elemental forms outside of Fire and Cold. This leaves other both Air and Earth behind both Fire and Water, especially to Fire Savants that out perform any other caster dps available. Thought not sure how Wizard performs now since Palemaster pass in term of negative energy damage at cap.

The same applies to set bonuses where Flamecleansed fits well with Fire Savant, while Hruit's Influence fits for Druid and Arcsteel Battlemage works for Artificer and even Wizard.

Feywild Dreamer gives Acid Artifact bonus to spell critical, but only part suitable for Air Savant is Sonic, but Sonic spells were not part of the recent spell pass so still lacking in effective use in terms of dps other than non-helpless CC.

MRR I find challenging on my two melee, and resort to CC or Slavers for the 38 sheltering to fill the gap.

Blurry is another I don't have on my two melee who are equipped with the latest and greatest through sharn.

Vitality is another I'd like to see more.

Echo Resistance.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Echo most of the things already mentioned here, not completely related, is there any plans to add a bag for casting reagents, and if there isn't can we put that somewhere on a list of things to be thought about later.
    Tri-Heroic, Tri-Iconic, Tri- Epic Completionist
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Biggest Loot Gap IMO is lack of quality (current power level) Named Loot from 20-29.
    *snip*
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread title. Although some advances in slotting features can always be made, you will never be able to slot everything you want to in a build.
    It is by design that you will have to make some tough decisions.

Improvement could definitely be made in items creation at the level they are introduced.
    I find I am making significant item swaps to favored items at level 8 and 10, there is a smaller addition at level 15 (although new items are being introduced and still farming others so the value of level 15 items should increase) a smaller addition at level 20 and then almost nothing until a smaller addition at level 26, and increasingly larger ones until a big bump at level 29.

Come to think of it, I map out my swaps from level 1 to 30 on each character according to builds in an Excel file (shout out to Sahba Jade!). I wont bore you with all the details but what I will do is add each level that I make, how many swaps for 3 of my characters:

1 19
    2 4
    3 8
    4 11
    5 5
    6 4
    7 7
    8 17
    9 4
    10 15
    11 5
    12 1
    13 1
    14 3
    15 6
    16 5
    17 1
    18 2
    19 3
    20 9
    21 3
    22 0
    23 0
    24 3
    25 0
    26 10
    27 6
    28 13
    29 13
    30 0

All of the swaps from the 3 characters are added together into one number. I have totaled the swaps from the 12 categories in the diagram you see in your character inventory - this means I have not included weapon swaps in these numbers.
    The 3 character classes that have been included are Artificer, Barbarian and Warlock - I have other class totals but these are the only 3 that I have complete from level 1 to 30.
    These totals are accumulated over a couple years so I may be running one character in Heroics at the moment and the gear swaps in Epics might be a little out of date.
    There have been a number of nice items that have been introduced at levels 6 and 15 which I haven't added to the builds yet so swap numbers at those levels may be a little low.
    From what I can see of latest loot additions of note, the new Twelve chain has loot for epics at level 21 which is a helpful place to put the items. All Sharn items in epic are level 29 which already has a massive glut of attractive items so I do not see those swap numbers changing too much - I'm already swapping a lot of items there.
    Out of interest, the longest number of levels I am holding an item on each of the 3 character builds is 15, 18, and 21 levels. The 18 (levels 8-25) and 21 (levels 8-28) level spread items are both Slavers crafting items that I have crafted for the builds. This demonstrates pretty clearly the longevity of those items - or how lazy I am at making the hard decision to swap them out and look for other ways to slot those abilities.

In an ideal world, there is an even spread of attractive items coming up at every other level or so. This would keep players looking for nice items for certain levels at different quests in the game and could alleviate the current 'Loot Gap' problem that we can see.

This is a little different from what the OP meant but when I saw the thread title this concern came to mind.
    Don't mean to derail the thread at all, hope the data can be of use.
    Last edited by Grandern_Marn; 09-18-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

2015 DDO Players Council

Just kinda skimmed through the thread. Generally, I'm in agreement with most folks. I'd like to echo a few peoples' voices to bring Ghostbane back into the loot tables. Playing on Hardcore has made me realize just how difficult it is to find. And the other one is Underwater Action items. Short of farming a Bottle of Air, I haven't found any good low-level UA items.

Also, I do miss the creatively named weapon bonuses that were in for a while. The one I recall most is "the rebel." I know there were a number of others, but those added a nice bit of flavor to the loot tables.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    They should change the speed affix while they are at it. Give them 30% running speed across all levels, I´ve got 2 old items with 25% at lvl 5 and 30% at lvl 9, new items can be lvl 15 and still only have a 25% runspeed modifier... keep the scaling on melee alacrity thou.
    This very much needs to happen. I was telling a new player just the other day that his best bet for getting a quiver of alacrity for the 30% run speed buff at level 1 was to just give up. The raid involves too much flagging for most people to bother and the raid itself is a pain. We need other sources of 30% run speed at level 1 and simply making all speed items give 30% and only having the melee alacrity change with level is a great solution. I have my quiver and never play without it. Newer people should have the same opportunity to keep up with the group.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I'd like to see a couple more of the old utilitarian effects make a comeback, eg. shattermantle - a high-end version or maybe one that produces a stacking debuff to spell resistance (basically duplicate shattermantle shot's effect from arcane archer on a melee weapon) could be a really nice bit of kit for an eldritch knight, bard, warpriest/soul etc.
    I miss Bodyfeeder in Cannith Crafting. Give up DPS for defense; for assassins that do not have in-combat healing but have a high crit profile, it was helpful. Would be really nice in reaper now.

There was another one that could make a mob fall; I can't remember the name. I do not believe it was telekinetic but it was hilarious to do on zombies since their reflex was terrible.

Also, stench--it is on a WW sickle I believe--that was a funny one to wield. Make also a charisma hit and damage named item with stench and blinding embers for the laugh!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    This very much needs to happen. I was telling a new player just the other day that his best bet for getting a quiver of alacrity for the 30% run speed buff at level 1 was to just give up. The raid involves too much flagging for most people to bother and the raid itself is a pain. We need other sources of 30% run speed at level 1 and simply making all speed items give 30% and only having the melee alacrity change with level is a great solution. I have my quiver and never play without it. Newer people should have the same opportunity to keep up with the group.
    I agree with you!
    The ones that don't have the anniversary Quiver are running with Expedition Retreat from Korthos Boots anyway. Or burning Haste pots.

What the difference will be make all Speed and Striding itens 30% move speed?

Is so ridiculous how a Topaz of striding 30% augment and Cannith Crafting are min Level 20. And those two source didn't gives Attack Speed.

Quality of Life that makes a huge difference in game. Especially in early game!
    No Signature...

Community Member

Sheltering needs to be a thing again. Totally silly to separate them.

Also Resistance. Bad idea to separate the saves as well. Other than those I don't have much to ask for or to complain about (save FoM not working and other mechanical things).

Thanks.

Festive +2 bonus augments for STR/DEX/CON/CHA
    (There are +2 INT/WIS augments already)

+2 Assassination DC / +2 Combat DC yellow augments
    (There are +2 spell DC yellow augments already)

+22 Dex / Int minor artifact that have Quality damage / attack
    (There are +22 STR / WIS items have Quality damage / attack already)

+4 artifact bonus STR/DEX/CON for set item
    (There are +4 WIS/INT/CHA artifact bonus for caster set items already )

+4 Artifact bonus to assassination DC / Combat DC bonus for set item
    (There are +4 spell DC artifact bonus for caster set items already)
    Last edited by draven1; 09-18-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    as someone said earlier, 3 scoundrel lives is quicker than hunting the quiver

not a loot gap as such but since Lynn is reading here (yes I know u read everywhere but anyways)

request for Night Revels:

can we get some additional variation on stuff like this?

would be nice gimmicks for heroic situationally, at times maybe generally of use if you put an Align with it ...

some ideas:

Head Item/Mask; Sacred Frown: 1/day clicky; 5min: Pure Good 1d6, good align wpn

Head Item: Chaotic Crown: 1day clicky; 5min: True Chaos 1d6, chaotic align wpn

Trinket: Wet-Stone; 1/day clicky; 5min: 1d6 cold dmg

etc ...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    What the heck ever happened to everbright weapons? I know they can be crafted, but I dont craft so it would be nice to see them back in the loot table. Same with ghostbane, that used to drop too (albeit it seemed like every chest for a while there, so I didnt bother keeping many). Would be nice for some low level ghostbane or ghost touch to drop in quests especiallly.
    I can't remember the last time I found an everbright weapon. Ghost bane also seems to be absurdly rare now. I am practically tripping over vorpal weapons in comparison.

One small thing I would really like to see fixed is the set bonus on the Siren's Ward set. It provides +1 insightful to saves should be +3 according to the description.

Quote Originally Posted by zachxr100 View Post
    Echo most of the things already mentioned here, not completely related, is there any plans to add a bag for casting reagents, and if there isn't can we put that somewhere on a list of things to be thought about later.
    If they can give us caster gloves with the quick draw feat, they should be able to give us one with Eschew Materials, maybe a quiver slot

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    If they can give us caster gloves with the quick draw feat, they should be able to give us one with Eschew Materials, maybe a quiver slot
    Yeah, that was the best part of all those 80s fantasy movies where the Wizards were wearing quivers.

I'd think the Eschew Materials feat on a pair of gloves makes perfect sense, though.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

I would like to see Stability come back. Maybe similar effects for other alignments as well. Make alignment mean something again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yeah, that was the best part of all those 80s fantasy movies where the Wizards were wearing quivers.

I'd think the Eschew Materials feat on a pair of gloves makes perfect sense, though.
    I said quiver slot, not quiver item.

Community Member

Quiver of Endless Junk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast