Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loot Gaps

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Corrosion (not Insightful, Quality, or Enhanced - just plain old Corrosion)
    Yes, I don't know why the devs hate acid spell casters.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbagonged View Post
    Insightful spell focus mastery is the thorn in my side for every build I like to try to make, which are usually hybrids.
    It doesn't even have to be spell focus mastery... it could be insightful single spell types. Do we even have a Insightful Conjuration item? Goes back to the devs hating acid spell casters (no Insightful Conjuration items).

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    - named items ML 20-26, whatever kind
    Wearing a level 15 set bonus until I hit 29 kinda sucks... but with current gear, thats what people do. 20-26 items are really lacking.
    Dorian

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I recently checked the inventories of my older alts, and found some suffixes / prefixes I have never seen when I restarted playing again early this year :

- lionheart
    - command
    - maladroit
    - fearsome
    - everbright
    - unbalancing
    - aligned
    - metalline
    - flametouched iron
    - blueshine

- and, my personal favourirte : Ooze bane !

... Not to mention Mythral.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Ya they keep resistance really rare these days

bracers off lost at sea have it n heal amp so not too bad

for insightful con i'd go cracked core neclace only thing decent
    Damonz Cannith

Biggest Loot Gap IMO is lack of quality (current power level) Named Loot from 20-29. Would also be nice to see something done at ML5

Crazy idea update MoTU loot and then create ML 5 version of the loot as well bought with the same commendations as ML20 stuff ... ya crazy.

Another really crazy idea since Sharn is the new ML29 stuff lower Ravenloft ML to 25 with out downgrading the power ... ya really crazy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

Wearing a level 15 set bonus until I hit 29 kinda sucks... but with current gear, thats what people do. 20-26 items are really lacking.
    It's also because of the lack of space and organization. It's already a major chore organizing lvl 10, 15, 29 set & various other named things. We need way more bank space, preferably not shared bank as non-searchable list-inventories suck for finding things. Or an account based armory by inventory slot (FFXIV does this and it's awesome). Or level scaling equipment.
    Last edited by Wizard1406; 09-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Search.

There is a dearth of Search items in the game, at least anything that is "at level".in current terms )i.e. Cannith Crafted equiv, or close).

Check the AH, Search/Inspected items are scarce and incomparably expensive - the game doesn't drop a high enough % for all, so almost ANYTHING is scooped up by the starving masses.

Master Rogue of Argonnessen Equatis's Avatar

More Quality Assassinate items are needed, Currently The Raid necklace, The family's Blessing is the ONLY item in the game with a Quality bonus for Assassination with Quality Assassinate +2. In the SoulSpliter pack originally the Lenses of the Dark Depth were slated to have a quality assassinate but due to player feed back that was changed. So the only Quality Assassinate item in the game remains a Raid Item, we need more Quality assassinate items available in regular quests. I feel this needs to be slotted on various items to enable an Assassin to decently acquire and equip such an item. I am not saying Assassins are in a bad place, I run several as I like the Rogue class and assassins in particular for their play style and utility in groups and parties. I am only saying One Item in the entire game with Quality Assassinate on it ? And that item locked behind a Raid ?

The goal of an Assassin is to keep their Threat as low as possible while still keeping an aggressive posture. - teachersyn The Order of Syncleticaletica

Most of this could be fixed by getting rid of the 4x effects rule on gear. Think more like TS and Hound loot with lots of stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Equatis View Post
    More Quality Assassinate items are needed, Currently The Raid necklace, The family's Blessing is the ONLY item in the game with a Quality bonus for Assassination with Quality Assassinate +2. In the SoulSpliter pack originally the Lenses of the Dark Depth were slated to have a quality assassinate but due to player feed back that was changed. So the only Quality Assassinate item in the game remains a Raid Item, we need more Quality assassinate items available in regular quests. I feel this needs to be slotted on various items to enable an Assassin to decently acquire and equip such an item. I am not saying Assassins are in a bad place, I run several as I like the Rogue class and assassins in particular for their play style and utility in groups and parties. I am only saying One Item in the entire game with Quality Assassinate on it ? And that item locked behind a Raid ?

not to mention slotting the raid item makes you lose the relentless fury and armor pierce 33%. yeah the later u can get elsewhere but the basic set item was rly nice. never understood the raid necklace rly, a raid item should not make you feel inner pain for what u replaced with it lol. so in short the raid necklace shouldnt be a necklace and shouldnt double the deadly 17 and then it would be nice if in another slot it had q.assasinate 2, ins armor pierce 16, deception 18 and instead of the deadly 17 something else nice.... but well bit late for that input i guess

Community Member

**Many of the current problems with loot could be solved by revamping the augment system.**

Scale them appropriately around current cannith crafting levels of power. Then introduce more uncommon and rare augments for green, orange, and purple slots. This helps fill the loot gaps and improves a lot of gear with multiple slots that are currently not very good.

Still missing an Wisdom +22 Caster Artifact that no conflict with Flamecleansed set for FvS, Cleric, etc...

Edit:
    · Enhanced Resonance
    · Enhanced Radiance
    · Insightful Constitution in grl
    · Medium Armor for Casters in general
    Last edited by Strambotica; 09-17-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Community Member

What the heck ever happened to everbright weapons? I know they can be crafted, but I dont craft so it would be nice to see them back in the loot table. Same with ghostbane, that used to drop too (albeit it seemed like every chest for a while there, so I didnt bother keeping many). Would be nice for some low level ghostbane or ghost touch to drop in quests especiallly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    not to mention slotting the raid item makes you lose the relentless fury and armor pierce 33%. yeah the later u can get elsewhere but the basic set item was rly nice. never understood the raid necklace rly, a raid item should not make you feel inner pain for what u replaced with it lol. so in short the raid necklace shouldnt be a necklace and shouldnt double the deadly 17 and then it would be nice if in another slot it had q.assasinate 2, ins armor pierce 16, deception 18 and instead of the deadly 17 something else nice.... but well bit late for that input i guess
    Yah, the real killer is the loss of relentless fury with the only other slot with that effect being a helm. And I am not sure why someone posted a lammania screenshot for the item. It does not have deception on it (another hard thing to slot; pretty much only from slave lords crafting). It was replaced with doublestrike 24.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Hakushi View Post
    Something I would like to see on more items is: Druidic Survival Mastery
    Right now, only one item has this ability.
    Irrelevant if they don't fix the bug with these druidic scaling items not working. iirc that item has been bugged for years and the newer prr versions from RL also are still broken. I will admit I haven't tested recently because they have been broken for so long.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    I don't know about others but I've had a real struggle fitting certain attributes into my gear, and was wondering if we could poke Lynnabel for (more of) them in future loot please;

Very Difficult:
    Resistance (pretty please just as one stat, not separate ones for Reflex, Fort, etc)
    A million times this. It was one thing back in the day when the one individual save was drastically above the other ones (+10 wow!), but the saves being single with the same lower power level is so frustrating when gearing.

Community Member

Hard to slot effects for my end game Mechanic:

1) ability scores! insightful and quality DEX, INT, CON (moving from RL to Sharn gear creates big problems replacing these, even with Collective sight which was absolutely mandatory for me to even think about Wallwatch. CC trinket became required, and I've still lost points in DEX/INT vs RL gear)

2) insightful Sheltering (replacing insight PRR 24 from Crumbling Gloves [not to mention the insightful DEX 9] was practically impossible).

then lower on my list...

3) Seeker (getting a little better with boots from Soul Splitter, but still pretty barren. Cannot use Rage helms with Wallwatch set [and yes, I'm aware of the Wallwatch raid helm] so it's Slavers or CC.)
    4) Ghostly
    5) Deception
    6) Improved Deception (thanks again for Leg Celestial Sapphire Ring, but still only one really viable endgame non-weapon item though, IMHO)

I wanted to find a way to slot the new Spectre Boots and Cloak of Balance for a Seeker +14 increase and FoM, but I just can't figure out a way to get rid of the Shadowhail Cloak without a serious gimp in sneak attack.

Items 3-6 are also known as "why the Ring of the Stalker was my hardest to replace epic item." A Legendary Ring of the Stalker with Seeker 21, Ghostly, Deception 17, ins Deception 8, and Sovereign Manslayer would be a rogue's dream come true. Replacing Manslayer with Improved Deception would be spectacular beyond my wildest dreams.

EDIT: I totally whiffed on Resistance. Yes, please! I don't think it should be a giveaway, but some options other than Bracers, Ring of Malevolence, or Slavers would be really nice. CC max at 12 is not great.
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 09-17-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L10 TWF dagger assassin, doesn't know what he's doing yet

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Irrelevant if they don't fix the bug with these druidic scaling items not working. iirc that item has been bugged for years and the newer prr versions from RL also are still broken. I will admit I haven't tested recently because they have been broken for so long.
    This is news to me. Are you sure it's actually broken?

EDIT: Ah, it's a rule-based effect. I can probably script a fix for it, gimme a few minutes.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 09-17-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    EDIT: Ah, it's a rule-based effect. I can probably script a fix for it, gimme a few minutes.
    Sweet, thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    **Many of the current problems with loot could be solved by revamping the augment system.**

Scale them appropriately around current cannith crafting levels of power. Then introduce more uncommon and rare augments for green, orange, and purple slots. This helps fill the loot gaps and improves a lot of gear with multiple slots that are currently not very good.
    Agreed. Making augments beyond the ones that stack with standard things (exceptional/festive score or the +DC ones, certain immunities) I usually slot both useful and at relevant numbers would give some newfound flexibility with gear sets. being able to slot in a tertiary stat in an augment, insightful score, resistance, prot/nat armor, sheltering etc at current cannith scaling really would go a long way into making some gear sets work/more viable.
    Last edited by reywas; 09-17-2019 at 04:26 PM.

I'd like to see a couple more of the old utilitarian effects make a comeback, eg. shattermantle - a high-end version or maybe one that produces a stacking debuff to spell resistance (basically duplicate shattermantle shot's effect from arcane archer on a melee weapon) could be a really nice bit of kit for an eldritch knight, bard, warpriest/soul etc.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast