Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    Is blatant the disparity between melees and casters (especially Meteor Swarm Sorcs)!

While a melee needs to be at touch range to do damage and take all the mobs heat, the casters from afar One Shot all mobs to dust without any risk. For exemple in quests packed by 200+ mobs (Newcomers, Black and Blue, ToEE, Reign of Madness, Ravenloft, Sharn) the pace is ridiculous, while a casters blast their way, melees slog killing packs of enemies.

Not all community plays at End Game , some of us just want to play melee at heroics.

Hello. Old time gamer here.

Lag spikes, frozen game and sudden burst of dps from all sources...

I can agree at inbuilt avoidance and resistance mechanics for melee based characters are not ready given same as casters. Meanwhile casters can fail hard vs True seeing, loss of summons and pets, hard hitting ability drain and physical cc/dps, mixture of npcs that require different set of spells at a time (some die fast, others just laugh when others get healed at the same room) entire set of running spells dispelled 'snap', or ordinary empty blue bar syndrome. If you solo and have tried permadeath you know it.

You may try a humble build which is an average joe build. Enough points for intel and cons. Str and dex for required feats for survival. Focus at generalist feats for survival, melee and ranged. Same for enhancements. Dont go for higher branches at Trees. Forget dps/power creep. You ll find hidden treasures and will find hybrid and survival focus build which dodges and squish through small opportunities. The angry mob never dies to burst dps and will allways retaliate against a naked toon ( without extreme overload on item sets/levels and much more )

This is how I handle things at mele hybrid characters. Everyman walks his own path. (...and crossbows are OP...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q657rEkgfKs

My humble n00b cents.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 09-17-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandofDeath View Post
    So I guess based on your generality I'm the worse sorc around...
    Very likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    No fvs have soundburst aoe lvl 2 melees should have 1 aoe cc ability levl 3

Doesn't need helpess damage or shield bash fixes just to fix them for this stupid reaper ****
    Way ahead of you.

Community Member

Really another one of these already?? ... either way CAN WE PLEASE STOP POSTING NEW THREADS EVERY DAY ABOUT THIS.
    Join date September 2019?

Community Member

Warlock ... nerfed into oblivion because mele centric players wined and moaned ...
    I tried to read this rant but got to this particular piece of hyperbole and at that point you lost all credibility.
    Last edited by MaeveTuohy; 09-18-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Is blatant the disparity between melees and casters (especially Meteor Swarm Sorcs)!

While a melee needs to be at touch range to do damage and take all the mobs heat, the casters from afar One Shot all mobs to dust without any risk. For exemple in quests packed by 200+ mobs (Newcomers, Black and Blue, ToEE, Reign of Madness, Ravenloft, Sharn) the pace is ridiculous, while a casters blast their way, melees slog killing packs of enemies.

Not all community plays at End Game , some of us just want to play melee at heroics.
    My Vistani Swashbuckler (pure bard) is about the most fun build I have had in awhile. Sitting at level 18 right now and have solo'd low reapers most of the way. I've not really died much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Caster dps has been in the toilet for years ok and they pay for everything

blame inquisitors and you don't remember

THE MORTAL FEAR ERA every damn melee ranged and there pets rocking it all bosses first week
    Alot of this was pre ramped up reapers and doom and vengeance reapers that melee cant cc. Right now getting too close even at lower levels than r10 can be rough on melee. To be honest not worth taking them in most high reaper runs. Casters and inquis way less risky and better to get quest done faster.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Community Member

Have you considered joining them?

Now that you know that there are machine guns and nukes about, why run around with blunt scissors?
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Sorry man but obviously you're another player that hasn't done your homework properly. You probably play a caster or an Inq build and you fear that they will nerf your pew pew. So listen, why don't you play a melee class and see for yourself? Why don't you make a fighter or barbarian or paladin and try to do , let's say r4 end game quests by yourself?

Because casters and inquisitor builds can do that without making too much effort with gear and past lives.

So please stop writing litanies and do your homework well before you write again.
    cheers.
    Homework has been done. I proof checked. This guy is scared of playing melees. Can confirm as the teacher, that he didn't do his homework.
    Wow! A very balanced game!
    I love this game! Let me play with my friends!
    *solos R5 CoS with Inquistive*
    oh wait.

Actually the only real melee class at the game is Barbarian right now. If we dont count the tactical boosts (which are alla joke now at this era of the game) Fighter class can actually be better ranged class then anyother toon...all except

The Good (Artificer), The Bad( Inquisitve) and the Ugly (The Mechanic). Ranger may be the extras...(no offense)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDpuA90KEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCSNIl2Pls

If someone ignored the Fighting styles, grabs Stalwart and mixes it with certain enhancements from other trees. If same build goes with dodge line and whirlind aswell as cleaves and power attack/combat expertise toggle options. Medium armor, shield, Khopes. Lots of +W attack (for me that means much more than critical damage; but you know I am a noob) plus other goodies from other trees. This melee toon can turn around of alot of things.

( Ps: I love Knights training for several builds; anyhow ,practically Khopesh is still the one and only. The Blugeoning weapons ,however, need a feat of its own; which would not not improve critical threat nor critical multiplier. No need to force hand with criticals when we speak about Blunts, Constructs and Fleshless undead. Said special feat would have add +W and % stun and knock to Bludgeoning weapons )

Last edited by Kutalp; 09-25-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12