Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97

Thread: Irony is.....

  1. #1
    Community Member cave_diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Freeway Mitting
    Posts
    677

    Default Irony is.....

    SSG nerfs wolf builds (because they were overperforming) at same time they release inquisitors. Inquisitors probably have double the dps with zero risk

    Inquis dps so strong, that pushing skulls in PN there is no requirement for any other dps build ( 3 tanks, 3 healers, 6 inquisitors)
    Main toons: IronThatcher (Melee Box breaker), Mehhh (DC Sorc)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!

  2. #2
    Barbarbarian Sam-u-r-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    no risk, all the reward
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    398

    Default

    The top wolf builds even post nerf still outdps (good) inquisitive builds by about 25%, dagger rogues still pull slightly slightly ahead of inquisitive.

    Inquisitive however is the top Ranged single target DPS by a massive margin, and IPS makes them pretty good at trash clearing too(though wont stand up to a sorc or necro unless everything is in a conga line), only mechanic gxbow even comes close, Repeaters are dead, throwers are okish, Bows? Bows are dead as a monkcher and total dumpsterfire as anything else.

    Inquisitive benefits from the safety of range while being in the top dps builds, even though its not number 1 it's stilly kinda broken.

    Personally I hope they don't overnerf inquisitive once they get around to it after it stops selling (RIP warlocks), just do something like make dual crossbows benefit from double at 33% like repeaters currently do (they have similar fire rates to repeaters but benefit from full doubleshot who thought of that???). No need to warlock them into being garbage.

    Also buff longbow fire rate.
    Last edited by FlavoredSoul; 09-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Barbarbarian Sam-u-r-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The top wolf builds even post nerf still outdps (good) inquisitive builds by about 25%, dagger rogues still pull slightly slightly ahead of inquisitive.
    I've seen tests which show this is false but am sorry I don't have them or didn't do them myself to share. Inquis is ahead if built and twinked right to the best of my knowledge. If you disagree I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Inquisitive however is the top Ranged single target DPS by a massive margin, and IPS makes them pretty good at trash clearing too(though wont stand up to a sorc or necro unless everything is in a conga line), only mechanic gxbow even comes close, Repeaters are dead, throwers are okish, Bows? Bows are dead as a monkcher and total dumpsterfire as anything else.

    Inquisitive benefits from the safety of range while being in the top dps builds, even though its not number 1 it's stilly kinda broken.

    Personally I hope they don't overnerf inquisitive once they get around to it after it stops selling (RIP warlocks), just do something like make dual crossbows benefit from double at 33% like repeaters currently do (they have similar fire rates to repeaters but benefit from full doubleshot who thought of that???). No need to warlock them into being garbage.

    Also buff longbow fire rate.
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but I don't think warlocks are garbage tier. As DC casters they provide 4 or 5 things that are very good (especially in sharn) that you can't get in another class: hurl, soul eater capstone, tentacles, temp hp from cores...
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    SSG nerfs wolf builds (because they were overperforming) at same time they release inquisitors. Inquisitors probably have double the dps with zero risk

    Inquis dps so strong, that pushing skulls in PN there is no requirement for any other dps build ( 3 tanks, 3 healers, 6 inquisitors)


    Inquisitors are pretty good dps, but I they are about the same as throwers.
    Wolfs are still better dps.

    Also in update 42 patch 4, they updated the damage done by ranged and spells.
    -> Creatures in High Skull Reaper have a lesser amount of damage resistance than they do now. Damage resistance ramps up more slowly, and resistance to ranged and magic is further reduced to match melee resistance.


    Also people tend to play newer things, so atm there is an abundance of Inquisitors.

    About pushing Project Nemesis, if you are refering to Omnipresence pushing it, 3 tanks, 2 Healers, 1 Caster, 1 Thrower and 5 Inquisitors were used in the last runs.
    The reason being that 1 of the bosses can not be attacked in melee at all, Gish has a spin and dash attack that hits very hard and with lag its hard for a melee to survive the minotaur jump. In a small arena where the fight takes place, there is not much room for error. -> Ranged is better. In THTH for example, melees were better cause they have better defenses and more damage.

    People adapt to whats needed and whats new, that's always how its gonna be.
    Omnipresence: Morkass, Ethiene, Eldried, Tenedoss, Tergos, Fergoss, Terendel

  6. #6
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,324

    Default

    How is this "ironic"?

    Annoying, if you say so - possibly, arguably, less than sensible, but, sorry, not "ironic".

  7. #7
    Community Member Knobull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    ... not "ironic".
    Actually it is. For some examples of not irony, see:

    "... none but ourselves can free the mind." - Marcus Garvey, 1937


  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The top wolf builds even post nerf still outdps (good) inquisitive builds by about 25%, dagger rogues still pull slightly slightly ahead of inquisitive.

    Inquisitive however is the top Ranged single target DPS by a massive margin, and IPS makes them pretty good at trash clearing too(though wont stand up to a sorc or necro unless everything is in a conga line), only mechanic gxbow even comes close, Repeaters are dead, throwers are okish, Bows? Bows are dead as a monkcher and total dumpsterfire as anything else.

    Inquisitive benefits from the safety of range while being in the top dps builds, even though its not number 1 it's stilly kinda broken.

    Personally I hope they don't overnerf inquisitive once they get around to it after it stops selling (RIP warlocks), just do something like make dual crossbows benefit from double at 33% like repeaters currently do (they have similar fire rates to repeaters but benefit from full doubleshot who thought of that???). No need to warlock them into being garbage.

    Also buff longbow fire rate.
    Lol, you are funny when you say that "top wolf builds still outdps Inquisitives by about 25%". Show me a wolf that can kill the pirate boss on lamania in 6.5 seconds?

    Obviously you haven't done your homework well.
    Cheers.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The top wolf builds even post nerf still outdps (good) inquisitive builds by about 25%, dagger rogues still pull slightly slightly ahead of inquisitive.

    Inquisitive however is the top Ranged single target DPS by a massive margin, and IPS makes them pretty good at trash clearing too(though wont stand up to a sorc or necro unless everything is in a conga line), only mechanic gxbow even comes close, Repeaters are dead, throwers are okish, Bows? Bows are dead as a monkcher and total dumpsterfire as anything else.

    Inquisitive benefits from the safety of range while being in the top dps builds, even though its not number 1 it's stilly kinda broken.

    Personally I hope they don't overnerf inquisitive once they get around to it after it stops selling (RIP warlocks), just do something like make dual crossbows benefit from double at 33% like repeaters currently do (they have similar fire rates to repeaters but benefit from full doubleshot who thought of that???). No need to warlock them into being garbage.

    Also buff longbow fire rate.

    Just to substantiate my previous reply (in which I wrote that you haven't done your homework on how OP inquisitive is right now),

    just watch this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNaRU0GiMR0

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldried View Post
    Inquisitors are pretty good dps, but I they are about the same as throwers.
    Wolfs are still better dps.
    Horsehockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

  11. #11
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    How is this "ironic"?

    Annoying, if you say so - possibly, arguably, less than sensible, but, sorry, not "ironic".
    Captain Irony will teach you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    That's not irony, that's good business practices.

    Irony is all the people weeping about the resulting melee power curve after requiring that dire charge remain overpowered.

    Or the same people who complained about monks and broken tree builds now unable to level in reaper due to a lack of grouping and inability to solo on a melee on remaining builds.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-16-2019 at 06:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California looking for Aussieee :)
    Posts
    816

    Default Apologies but..

    Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Just to substantiate my previous reply (in which I wrote that you haven't done your homework on how OP inquisitive is right now),

    just watch this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNaRU0GiMR0
    This video is no better than posting a meme on FB and claiming it as facts.

    Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

  14. #14
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    That's not irony, that's good business practices.

    Irony is all the people weeping about the resulting melee power curve after requiring that dire charge remain overpowered.

    Or the same people who complained about monks and broken tree builds now unable to level in reaper due to a lack of grouping and inability to solo on a melee on remaining builds.
    Mid it were good business practices, we’d have growing game population instead of shrinking population.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  15. #15
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    This video is no better than posting a meme on FB and claiming it as facts.

    Dagg.
    Right... Because everyone can sit there for a minute not being hit to build up stacks of stand/deliver. while also having all stacks of archers focus, Every ranged power buff, every damage increase buff, and every vulnerability debuff on the mob in an actual quest.

    Wonder if people actually think thats actually evidence of inq being strong...

  16. #16
    Community Member cave_diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Freeway Mitting
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldried View Post
    Inquisitors are pretty good dps, but I they are about the same as throwers.
    Wolfs are still better dps........ that's always how its gonna be.

    Have to agree to disagree, i do not mind the change in meta but there is no way in hell a top wolf player can even come close to a decent inquisitor.....and throwers are **** at the moment (only benefit thrower got was the change to range damage in high skull). There is a reason why PN skull pushing is inquisitor only.
    Main toons: IronThatcher (Melee Box breaker), Mehhh (DC Sorc)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!

  17. #17
    Community Member HastyPudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

  18. #18
    Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California looking for Aussieee :)
    Posts
    816

    Default Sadly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Right... Because everyone can sit there for a minute not being hit to build up stacks of stand/deliver. while also having all stacks of archers focus, Every ranged power buff, every damage increase buff, and every vulnerability debuff on the mob in an actual quest.

    Wonder if people actually think thats actually evidence of inq being strong...
    It's not the first time someone used the very same YouTube video, and sadly, it won't be the last.

    Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

  19. #19
    Community Member krimsonrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The top wolf builds even post nerf still outdps (good) inquisitive builds by about 25%, dagger rogues still pull slightly slightly ahead of inquisitive.

    Inquisitive however is the top Ranged single target DPS by a massive margin, and IPS makes them pretty good at trash clearing too(though wont stand up to a sorc or necro unless everything is in a conga line), only mechanic gxbow even comes close, Repeaters are dead, throwers are okish, Bows? Bows are dead as a monkcher and total dumpsterfire as anything else.

    Inquisitive benefits from the safety of range while being in the top dps builds, even though its not number 1 it's stilly kinda broken.

    Personally I hope they don't overnerf inquisitive once they get around to it after it stops selling (RIP warlocks), just do something like make dual crossbows benefit from double at 33% like repeaters currently do (they have similar fire rates to repeaters but benefit from full doubleshot who thought of that???). No need to warlock them into being garbage.

    Also buff longbow fire rate.
    I've got a gxbow using bladeforged. 2 arti, 6 rogue and 12 ranger. his top single or double shots has been between 50 and 100k crits. he specializes in 2 things. hitting hard enough to one shot most things and moving unseen quickly. After dev nerfs on stealth his second skill doesn't have as much appeal as it did. Now you're telling me he doesn't hit so hard either?
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

  20. #20
    Barbarbarian Sam-u-r-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    dead horse memes only apply if its no longer a problem

    our horse isn't dead yet
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload