Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default THinking of starting my Helf life, what are the best builts for a helf nowadays?

Already did my tetris, took me over 6hrs >_<", cache cleared, wood used, awaiting 20th, just need to click the reincarnate button.

Got +7stats, no completionist, no sharn, what should I go for?

Community Member

Inquisitive. Turn off your brain and fire crossbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

My no-brainer is a caster druid. Never really had any problems with that... Are you planning on farming reaper xp, or just going for the PL?
    Sad but true.... because I want to be an artificer. Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the rivers of....

But then a guildy went up to cap (L28) using mostly Korthos gear....
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Sorc with the Warlock Dilettante since it gives your spells an extra 1d4 fire per character level that scales with spellpower and can crit. Has a cooldown of 2 seconds but adds quite a bit of single target damage and works great early on spamming the unmeta'd fire bolt spell.

Technically you can take the lock dilly for any caster but definitely has the best synergy with sorc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Inquisitive. Turn off your brain and fire crossbows.
    No Sharn so not an option.....

I'd say go for the other new shiny, PM. You didnt mention no RL so I assume you have VKF.

A +7 tome will help immensely because it means you can go TWF VKF, you can make DEX for feats while keeping your INT and CON up and enough STR to carry your junk. 18 Wiz/2 Rogue, gets you Evasion and trapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Sorc with the Warlock Dilettante since it gives your spells an extra 1d4 fire per character level that scales with spellpower and can crit. Has a cooldown of 2 seconds but adds quite a bit of single target damage and works great early on spamming the unmeta'd fire bolt spell.

Technically you can take the lock dilly for any caster but definitely has the best synergy with sorc.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    No Sharn so not an option.....

I'd say go for the other new shiny, PM. You didnt mention no RL so I assume you have VKF.

A +7 tome will help immensely because it means you can go TWF VKF, you can make DEX for feats while keeping your INT and CON up and enough STR to carry your junk. 18 Wiz/2 Rogue, gets you Evasion and trapping.
    Tier 5 pm? Tier 4 ek? Tier 1 mechanic? (Doing this in hardcore but drow) Left over +2 radical to whatever Dilettante?

Or Tier 5pm, the rest go to aa? Left over +2 radical to whatever Dilettante?

Edit, just noticed I missed out VKF, so Tier 5 pm? Tier 4 vkf? Left over to ek?
    Last edited by NemesisAlien; 09-15-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Btw alchemist coming out soon right? Now is fall, update 44 is coming out in fall.

But then again if I wait, I miss out on level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    My no-brainer is a caster druid. Never really had any problems with that... Are you planning on farming reaper xp, or just going for the PL?
    Sad but true.... because I want to be an artificer. Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the rivers of....

But then a guildy went up to cap (L28) using mostly Korthos gear....
    Got 1 guy already 20ish and still in snowy korthos

I will do some reaper, only got 1 or 2 ap in it, need to get more.

But then again I spending most of my time in hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post

Havent played sorc yet, people tell me air is the best?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If you have the gear for it, I like helf Druid wold because helf gives you all weapon proficiencies until you swap it for healing amp when you take your first barbarian level. It’s a nice quality of life feature that makes leveling much more pleasant.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

In my experience...

On any fleshy, Cleric of Favored Soul is an easy button. Bard is a strong class as well in my opinion. Can be a caster or melee.

What do you prefer? Melee or casting?
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Havent played sorc yet, people tell me air is the best?
    Air lacks great low level spells. Once you get Ball and Chain Lightning, I prefer Air. The dash too.

Community Member

Tier 5 pm? Tier 4 ek? Tier 1 mechanic? (Doing this in hardcore but drow) Left over +2 radical to whatever Dilettante?

Or Tier 5pm, the rest go to aa? Left over +2 radical to whatever Dilettante?
    Probably T5 pm, T4 vkf, at least 6 in ek. You're a melee dagger twf wiz. No AA no mech.

Yeah any racial ap to whatever. Race is an afterthought to most builds.

Community Member

2 rogue / 1 fighter / 17 FvS as a (H)elf-AA build is fun; not god-like powerful but fun and really well rounded jack-of-all-trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    In my experience...

On any fleshy, Cleric of Favored Soul is an easy button. Bard is a strong class as well in my opinion. Can be a caster or melee.

What do you prefer? Melee or casting?
    Cleric I'll save it for sun elf, already did 1, Fvs or bard... Shouldnt I use the tailless koblod?

No preference, but getting sick of monk, too many clickies, already did 2, saving the last for when I get falcon.

If caster, need to learn how to manage sp though, also which spell toggle to get.

Cleric I'll save it for sun elf, already did 1, Fvs or bard... Shouldnt I use the tailless koblod?

No preference, but getting sick of monk, too many clickies, already did 2, saving the last for when I get falcon.

If caster, need to learn how to manage sp though, also which spell toggle to get.
    Can do spell singer and spam SLAs and Charm Spells and invisible when solo. It can zerg really well.

Or Warchanter/Swashbuckler is a really good melee. Just keep blur and displacement going and use the Warchanter crowd control abilities on champions and reapers.

Can spam SLAs and heals and crowd control when in group.

Cleric or FVS are both monsters if you go SLAs or melee route.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Already did my tetris, took me over 6hrs >_<", cache cleared, wood used, awaiting 20th, just need to click the reincarnate button.

Got +7stats, no completionist, no sharn, what should I go for?
    I had a ton of fun with a Wizard EK using a repeater.
    The Artificer Dilettante gives free proficiency with repeaters, which makes early heroics MUCH easier than usual for a Wizard, while undead EK stuff grants you sustained DPS and resilience so you can last long enough to show what you're made of.
    No multiclass necessary (though you could go Rogue 2 for evasion and trapping if you're so inclined, I did not).

Community Member

Btw alchemist coming out soon right? Now is fall, update 44 is coming out in fall.

But then again if I wait, I miss out on level 10.
    Doesn't matter for a TR, vet only affects new characters.

Looking at all the responses people really play different subgames of DDO. Some of the suggestions are unplayably weak for how my group runs. Some are just preference. If you are running heroic elite (maybe hard in newest content) and epic hard, anything will get you there. If you are running reapers without past lives, you have to be more selective. If you are trying to complete quests fast you have to be more selective. If you want to do a slow dungeon crawl on lower difficulty, literally any build can do it with a hireling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I had a ton of fun with a Wizard EK using a repeater.
    The Artificer Dilettante gives free proficiency with repeaters, which makes early heroics MUCH easier than usual for a Wizard, while undead EK stuff grants you sustained DPS and resilience so you can last long enough to show what you're made of.
    No multiclass necessary (though you could go Rogue 2 for evasion and trapping if you're so inclined, I did not).
    Does it give free bolts?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast