Thread: Active servers

Community Member

Default Active servers

Hey community,

I used to play ddo years ago and just recently, decided to start playing again. A number of years ago Orien used to be a pretty busy server with activity, however that no longer seems to be the case.

I'm not looking to rule the world or anything lol, but it would be nice to set up a few accounts on on some servers with a higher number of active players. The only server I found with pretty good activity is Hardcore but that's a bit to advanced for my skill level.

Can anyone suggest a few servers that are more active during the evenings and weekends (North American, EST)?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

Cin

Community Member

No I cant, because they don't exist. They need to merge the servers. They wont because they think they are saving money, but its going to kill this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cind View Post
    Hey community,

I used to play ddo years ago and just recently, decided to start playing again. A number of years ago Orien used to be a pretty busy server with activity, however that no longer seems to be the case.

I'm not looking to rule the world or anything lol, but it would be nice to set up a few accounts on on some servers with a higher number of active players. The only server I found with pretty good activity is Hardcore but that's a bit to advanced for my skill level.

Can anyone suggest a few servers that are more active during the evenings and weekends (North American, EST)?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

Cin
    I have seen a lot of folks on Khyber the last few weeks. I don't PUG, so I couldn't tell you what the PUG scene is like there. I can tell you that the Hardcore server has the best PUG scene right now though. There are also several guilds that are always recruiting. It might be a good place to meet players, and then follow some of them back to their home server when they close hardcore in two months (characters there will get free transfers).

Currently ALL the normal servers pop's are way down because everyone is over on the Hardcore server playing. That'll end in Nov and you should see players going back to their normal servers than.

As far as large pop's; Cannith has been the default server a couple of years now and seems to have the best numbers. When I did a check prior to the Hardcore server starting, Cannith's numbers were 5 times higher than the closest other server and 6 times any of of the others between 615am and 645am on a Monday morning, US West Coast time.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by harmlesslarry View Post
    They wont because they think they are saving money, but its going to kill this game.
    Narrator: This isn't actually why they weren't merging servers.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Narrator: This isn't actually why they weren't merging servers.
    yup.

Cind, right now the server activity is low. Summertime (happens every year) and now the Hardcore League Server have amplified the lack of non guild activity.

I have several accounts, and one is for server hopping. Every server has some peak times. and some very sparse times w/ lfm panel.

There is no answer for you to run with right now.

Get the server chat channel info on each one, interact with some guilds, and find one that fits your needs.

From my personal observations recently during prime time EST, I'll list what I SAW w/ LFM panel. Day of week, time of day makes this info less than accurate though.

Khyber
    G-Land
    Cannith
    Thelanis/ Sarlona are close for #4.

I belong to some great VERY active guilds on 3 servers, which makes this convo irrelevant. Big active guilds circumvent the lfm panel 75% of the time.

Community Member

Red face

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Cind View Post
    Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the feedback
    When Hardcore isn't on then Orien is ok.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Most active server appears to be the hardcore server right now.
    I would encourage you to try it. Your heart will pound with fear. You will find new friends from all servers... the. You can decide where to make your home.

But I agree with one universal server should be the normal

Quote Originally Posted by harmlesslarry View Post
    No I cant, because they don't exist...
    He can't, but others can. That tells you something right there.

There are, indeed, some that are sleepier than others, and each has diff peak hours, so I recommend you drop an alt into each of the 7* and see what works best for the times that you are online.

(* Wayfinder is, inarguably, the sleepiest, and by far.)

(@ Harmless - Just out of perverse curiosity, when was the last time you posted something positiive? Link? )

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

(@ Harmless - Just out of perverse curiosity, when was the last time you posted something positiive? Link? )
    People do not need to be positive. I'm very positive sometimes with reason, and very negative other times with reason. Very negative people tend to be people who don't express gratitude well when they've been let down repeatedly.

These people are still a part of our community, so long as they follow the TOS. I can think of a handful of once positive community members who became very very jaded. People do not need to be positive.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    People do not need to be positive. I'm very positive sometimes with reason, and very negative other times with reason. Very negative people tend to be people who don't express gratitude well when they've been let down repeatedly.

These people are still a part of our community, so long as they follow the TOS. I can think of a handful of once positive community members who became very very jaded. People do not need to be positive.

Nail it!
    No Signature...

The seasonal excuses dont apply, as we see them every year to account for population dips and the population never returns to what it once was after the seasonal excuse has played itself out.

Summer: Its too nice out to stay inside and game all day
    Fall: Back to school (even though most of the DDO populace is well beyond their college years)
    Winter: Holidays, people will return in the spring
    Spring: Cabin fever...

The issue with the HC server being the excuse is when its over and people are used to those levels of population the "merge the servers" fervor will rise to new heights. That population will all slink back to many other servers, none of which will be as populated as HC was, when many of us were having more fun that we have had in quite some time in DDO. This will be responded to by the same usual suspects with non specific gloom and doom that will occur if server merges take place.

What will SSG's response be when experiment 1 is over? Is there an experiment 2 in the works?

Cant speak for other servers but khyber is hopping during the weekends

this last Friday night US time had 4 separate raid chain groups going at the same time and Saturday night had at least 2 groups at the same time

plague winds/crimson eagles doing to hot to handle and project nemesis along with shroud/strahd/hound/kt
    lava divers had to hot to handle, project nemesis, KT and shroud
    raven nation and pugs doing a raid chain
    full pug's for strahd, shroud and project nemesis that i saw im sure more happened as well
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Shanayney - TR Project with over 100 Reaper points
    Sahanna - Raid Ready Survivable Healer

2014 DDO Players Council

All the servers are way down from years ago, and they're down even further currently because it seems they didn't want those unwashed Premium players to be able to group with VIPs anymore, so they set up a VIP-only server. I'm told it's fairly active, so if you're VIP, you might go to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

2014 DDO Players Council

I can think of a handful of once positive community members who became very very jaded.
    I'm right here, Sam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

People do not need to be positive...
    No, we don't. There are several "negative" people who I find absolutely enjoyable - insightful, on topic, often quite (darkly) humorous.

I guess my objection is when a 100% negative viewpoint (and one consistently so) eagerly jumps out of the gate to be the first to greet a new player with a myopic prediction of doom.

And it is ironic that his complaint is in regards to killing the game. Imo, nothing will kill the game faster than constant complaints and negativity. Who would want to join such an environment?

For all the negativity, I notice those people are still playing. It might not be "the good old days", but there's still something that keeps them here. So there has to be some good - and greeting players with at least a balance of that good/bad would, imo, be healthier for the game, and the community, than pure toxin.

There - that was somewhat negative. See? Kumbaya and all that.

Hi there. Wellcome back

Ghallanda and Cannith seems to be the most populated ones lately. I believe Thelanis and Khyber follow those with much lower population.

Most other servers are pretty empty other than the extras (alt toons) running some quests before hopping back to main toons.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No, we don't. There are several "negative" people who I find absolutely enjoyable - insightful, on topic, often quite (darkly) humorous.

I guess my objection is when a 100% negative viewpoint (and one consistently so) eagerly jumps out of the gate to be the first to greet a new player with a myopic prediction of doom.

And it is ironic that his complaint is in regards to killing the game. Imo, nothing will kill the game faster than constant complaints and negativity. Who would want to join such an environment?

For all the negativity, I notice those people are still playing. It might not be "the good old days", but there's still something that keeps them here. So there has to be some good - and greeting players with at least a balance of that good/bad would, imo, be healthier for the game, and the community, than pure toxin.

There - that was somewhat negative. See? Kumbaya and all that.
    DDO is still my favorite first person shooter game. Thankfully it’s very solo friendly and has been for a few years.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hiyas!

Please take a look at your DMs/forum inbox

~Frang
    Franghasea of Argonnessen
    Founder of the guild: Ischa Oti Cevil Illu Mi Nati