Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Thank you for the FREE stuff to commemorate 10 yrs of F2P

Title says it all.

I only use the 10 years as reference point, and never anticipated SSG to give out free stuff to celebrate the milestone.

To put it in global gaming perspective; Turbine w/ LotRO & DDO were one the very 1st in the USA to migrate to a micro-transaction business model.

And now we have the vast majority of mmo's AND console games doing so.

I think the offer is very cool, and I totally appreciate the gesture.

Community Member

The only free thing is the path of inspiration pack, for the 8 people who don't own it already.

the bundle costs ~4000ish ddo points

once again a forumite has to find the negative in something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The only free thing is the path of inspiration pack, for the 8 people who don't own it already.

And 10 free Shared Bank spaces for everyone.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post

Remembering... it came after a Double Points Sale... so, they need to sink the points bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    lol what a nice Free Stuff!
    10 Shared Bank Upgrade is more expensive than 1 Extra Character Slot... and 1 Character Slots gives around 80 Storage Space (60 from inventory + 20 from bank) if I'm not wrong!
    No Signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    lol what a nice Free Stuff!
    I didn't have to buy it - and I will use it. So, IMHO - it is nice free stuff.

Could they have done more? Maybe. Also IMHO - this is a weird benchmark to tout with giveaways about announcements so I thought it appropriate the execution of it would be likewise weird, but that's just me. Be that as it may, I will certainly accept any and all gratis storage upgrades they want to toss my way. Free stuff is always nice, and being sour about it is never a good look on anyone. YMMV, of course, because opinions are also free.
    Last edited by Memnir; 09-15-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

I didn't have to buy it - and I will use it. So, IMHO - it is nice free stuff.

Could they have done more? Maybe. Also IMHO - this is a weird benchmark to tout with giveaways about announcements, but that's just me. Be that as it may, I will certainly accept any and all gratis storage upgrades they want to toss my way. Free stuff is always nice, and being sour about it is never a good look on anyone. YMMV, of course, because opinions are also free.
    Is nice now!

As stated for Cordo it was a mistake, so they made it "Free". They never intended to give it to us, they had to, because call it back would be a mess with all the itens that were placed in the banks.

One more exemple of bad implementation.

But this time players were benefited and it can't be nerfed... yet
    No Signature...

Is nice now!

As stated for Cordo it was a mistake, so they made it "Free". They never intended to give it to us, they had to, because call it back would be a mess with all the itens that were placed in the banks.
    Be grumpy because they made the right call?

You do you.

Be grumpy because they made the right call?

You do you.
    Not being grumpy at all. Just being realistic and pointing out how poorly this game has being managed.
    No Signature...

Not being grumpy at all. Just being realistic and pointing out how poorly this game has being managed.
    Oh, of course.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'll have to go read it again, *is* it free to everyone, or only people who have purchased the shared bank already?

Community Member

Default What is the maximum shared bank slots now?

If we just got 10 free slots, and the special package being sold now has 10 slots, is the maximum shared bank slots 260 now? Thx.

Community Member

not sure, as far as I can see, only free stuff is 'The Path of Inspiration' adventure pack. cool. 90 more favor
    and
    for a limited time, we can start a character at lvl 10

I seem to have troubles reading any where ,that there are 10 free shared bank slots, that seem to pop up in these conversations .. eh . maybe I'm just reading things that are not there

Community Member

I have 250 shared slots now. Don't want to buy the 10 year bundle if it isn't going to go to 260.

Community Member

Everyone gets 10 free shared slots. That's the gift. If you choose to spit in their face about it, that's you being ungracious, not them being ungiving. And I hope your isp goes offline for a week next time they have a giveaway, if that's how you respond.

If you buy the bundle, you get 10 more

And yes you need to have purchased shared bank first...but if you buy it in the future you still get the extra slots, because the first one is now worth 30 instead of 20.

I have seen no announcement of 10 free shared bank slots. What is your source?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drecas View Post
    I have seen no announcement of 10 free shared bank slots. What is your source?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-VIP-Players

Basically, VIPs were getting the extra 10 slots from the anniversary bundle regardless of whether they had purchased the bundle or not. The bundle was working correctly for everyone else (i.e. non-VIPs).

SSG could have simply allowed the VIPs to keep those ten slots (as a new VIP-only perk) and then correctly grant another 10 slots to those VIPs who had bought the bundle.

Instead, SSG decided to extend the erroneously given slots to everyone (possibly because it's easier to change the base shared bank to be 30 slots than set up a new VIP-only perk, but it's a still a nice thing to do even if it's not completely altruistic ) and then fix the bundle's slots as well.

So, yes, the free 10 extra slots to everyone weren't originally intended but, no, the solution SSG chose wasn't "forced".

Of course, SSG are damned if they do and damned if they don't, and I fully expect that the people who are currently claiming that SSG only chose this solution because they had no other options will be the same people who, a couple of months from now, will be saying that SSG should have chosen a different solution because the extra shared bank slots are massively contributing to lag. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but this does seem to be the way things go on these forums.

I advise ignoring the vast majority of what anyone (including me) writes on these forums and just appreciate the 10 extra slots for now.

Community Member

it's post like this, myself, I haven't seen any one spit in any ones face, or being Ungracious, and claiming there is 10 free slots, without even a link to the source, to help those of us that cannot find it

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Everyone gets 10 free shared slots. That's the gift. If you choose to spit in their face about it, that's you being ungracious, not them being ungiving. And I hope your isp goes offline for a week next time they have a giveaway, if that's how you respond.

If you buy the bundle, you get 10 more

And yes you need to have purchased shared bank first...but if you buy it in the future you still get the extra slots, because the first one is now worth 30 instead of 20.

Isn't the 10 free bank spaces only for VIPs?
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast