Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    It doesn't end there. Lack of balance in fort bypass vs elemental resistances, in to hit vs monster saves, in fort bypass bonuses across classes, in melee AoE vs IPS/AoE like you said, in mechanics of close range vs ranged (reaper slow effects, and a million other things), in heavy armor vs light / cloth (much like prior to armor up). Things have gone full circle.

Had I known this would be the end result, I would have asked the devs to NOT start their balancing passes. I am willing to bet that the differences between meta and rest were smaller in 2014 than they are now. In the process, we have lost a lot of the identity of DDO, trivialized a lot of content, introduced a joke difficulty (Reaper), and endless PLs.

Congratulations, Severlin, for bringing the game to its worst state in terms of balance I remember. Not to speak of the new / returning player / alt VS meta players.

meeeehhhh
    Don't be so hard on yaself

It doesn't end there. Lack of balance in fort bypass vs elemental resistances, in to hit vs monster saves, in fort bypass bonuses across classes, in melee AoE vs IPS/AoE like you said, in mechanics of close range vs ranged (reaper slow effects, and a million other things), in heavy armor vs light / cloth (much like prior to armor up). Things have gone full circle.

Had I known this would be the end result, I would have asked the devs to NOT start their balancing passes. I am willing to bet that the differences between meta and rest were smaller in 2014 than they are now. In the process, we have lost a lot of the identity of DDO, trivialized a lot of content, introduced a joke difficulty (Reaper), and endless PLs.

Congratulations, Severlin, for bringing the game to its worst state in terms of balance I remember. Not to speak of the new / returning player / alt VS meta players.

meeeehhhh
    Very excellent post dude.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Lagwipe Log, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    I play in a pirate campaign where an npc has 6 flintlock pistols on his chest and can shoot multiple ones in a single round
    I have to ask: With six preloaded flintlocks on his chest, how often does one go off accidently. I'd guess it must be pretty frequent, given the state of technology.

Default 2 cents

Wolf Build for 10% Speed nerf..

I played few wolf builds and I've never come close to such numbers.

Inquisitor builds should get 80% according to numbers from that video.

Last edited by Seljuck; 09-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 31th - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 4th life Barbarian
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Yes. Several.
    What are they? Googling only told me about Bard, Monk, and Tempest rangers (and the post above yours old me about Eldritch Knight wizards). If there are several others I would like to hear about them. Arrows are everywhere and I would definitely build deflect arrows into all my characters if it is really that easy to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    What are they? Googling only told me about Bard, Monk, and Tempest rangers (and the post above yours old me about Eldritch Knight wizards). If there are several others I would like to hear about them. Arrows are everywhere and I would definitely build deflect arrows into all my characters if it is really that easy to acquire.
    Off the top of my head, VKF universal tree second core I believe, and a filigree 3 piece set bonus for sure.
    Last edited by Quikster; 09-18-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

VKF, core 2, 6AP.

That'll be 10$, your receit will be mailed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    When the logic of "because melee have dire charge in levels 29-30 they cant be buffed at levels 1-28" gets lifted out of the water, it leaks like a sieve.

When we go back and revisit the history of nerf demands after every revamp, we observe the real reason they underperform in the upper end game currently. If anyone who reads this disagrees, please inform us of which melee builds would be OP if they undid every melee nerf starting with the post paladin revamp holy sword nerf and moving forward. If all of those were at their old post-revamp-but-no-nerf levels of power, what would the nerf demanders be complaining about at that point?

i agree with you to a point. we need to go back to how the melee was before the nerfs. the problem is every one is asking for nerfs of every class change saying it is to strong because it over shadows my build. we are asking for a nerf of inquisitor, previously we ask for nerf of warlock. just let the classes be.

if we get the holy sword and a few other nerfs back to pali, things back to monk, fighter and druid. it's going to be better for the game over all.

but because of all this talk about inquisitor and magic changes atm it is going to be nerfed and not for the good. when alchemist drops it is going to be OP and loads of people are going to flock to that. I'll give it 2 weeks after release before the Alchemist is to OP threads start.

the people playing melee ask for nerfs to range and magic. those who prefer to play magic complain about melee and range, and range complain about melee and casters. everyone wants what they play to be in the top of the pack.

but cutting power of dire change and undo all nerfs in the last say 6 years would bring much better balance to the game then trying to move one class at a time.

this one class at a time is madness it will almost always be the new class power to play.

edit
    just because a feat starts getting really strong because of the PL grind a nerf just makes the feat useless for anybody else.

classes and feats should be balanced on a first life toon non reaper play. not entirely sure how to balance things against synergies of multi class options
    Last edited by bls904c2; 09-18-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    i agree with you to a point. we need to go back to how the melee was before the nerfs. the problem is every one is asking for nerfs of every class change saying it is to strong because it over shadows my build. we are asking for a nerf of inquisitor, previously we ask for nerf of warlock. just let the classes be.

if we get the holy sword and a few other nerfs back to pali, things back to monk, fighter and druid. it's going to be better for the game over all.

but because of all this talk about inquisitor and magic changes atm it is going to be nerfed and not for the good. when alchemist drops it is going to be OP and loads of people are going to flock to that. I'll give it 2 weeks after release before the Alchemist is to OP threads start.

the people playing melee ask for nerfs to range and magic. those who prefer to play magic complain about melee and range, and range complain about melee and casters. everyone wants what they play to be in the top of the pack.

but cutting power of dire change and undo all nerfs in the last say 6 years would bring much better balance to the game then trying to move one class at a time.

this one class at a time is madness it will almost always be the new class power to play.
    Dont get me wrong, Id throw dire charge into the dumpster, pour the gas on it, and throw the half smoked cigar in myself if I knew that CC power would get redistributed to melee over the entire level range in the same update. I'm just seeing alot of talk of having this one good ability in the last 2 levels so therefore nothing can be done to make the experience at least somewhere in the same ballpark of difficulty in the other 28 levels. I dont think thats a reason to hold any one playstyle hostage. /shrug

Yup, its rock complaining paper is OP but then saying scissors is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post

that there is your problem reaper wings prob a completionist toon
    nothing will ever be balanced ever because that means in order to be useful in this game you need the past lives. try your tests with a first life then compare your damage.

yes i do know when you have done all your grind, nothing left to go after, only 2-3 builds not classes are the power houses to play and nothing holds a candle to them.

at which point you are not playing a class you are playing the best option of feats, enhancements, race, and equipment. your class is no longer an option its stupid to play anything else. the power gained by these choices are to powerful to chose anything else. there no longer is options. but highest posible dps.

Yup, its rock complaining paper is OP but then saying scissors is fine.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post

Again. using this video is proof people dont know what they are complaining about. I do think inquisitives (its actual name) should be brought down a bit. But NOT based off that video which is exploited to show the best unrealistic possible situation thats NOT possible in game. IF it is your only point of reference then frankly....

As for balance. if you want balance you aren't a true DnD player balance = boring = dead, because that means very little versatility throughout the roles. If you want to be a good melee, run with a CC caster or a tank, as is there is more n more of those now.

Inquisitive being this strong in its base form is good* for new players, and strong for experienced players, godly for true ranged players.

As for inquisitors... They are the main character they are supposed to be strong! Or you should reroll your inquisitor. Beaten Dragon Age no deaths on its hardest difficulty and killed the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by bls904c2 View Post
    i like melee i play melee but i see the issue. you cant buff heroics without it affecting epics. epics gets a buff from buffing heroics. epics melee gets buff it stats increase. the stats increase that then gets into bigger power to dire charge. then dire charge is way to strong. its a 1 goes to 2 goes to 3 goes to 4

level 1 add 1 power
    level 5 add 1 power
    level 10 add 1 power
    level 15 add 1 power
    level 20 add 1 power

at 28 dire charge plus 5 power game breaking mechanic

simple as that.
    A melee can be buffed in heroics without adding more power level to dire charge. You just give a diminished version of dire charge to melee at lower level, with dire charge being the final form at endgame.

At level 1 dire charge CCs 1 mob
    At level 5 dire charge CCs 2 mobs
    At level 10 dire charge CCs 3 mobs
    At level 15 dire charge CCs 4 mobs
    At level 20 dire charge CCs 5 mobs
    At level 25 dire charge CCs 6 mobs

The scaling does not need to be exact, but you get the idea.

If the complaint is "its so OP at 29 you cant be buffed at 1-28" (an absurd claim but OK) then the solution is to allow people to use lesser versions of it earlier on. This makes it so it does not become MORE powerful than it already is. And hey, if you let people have lesser versions of it earlier on, they might be more accepting of a nerf of the highest version of it to something less powerful (but still powerful).

Default what is going to happen next?

meeeehhhh
    Can't blame the guy trying to sell the latest expansions and make a buck, can you?

When Isle of Dread is released next year with dinosaur riding halfings alchemist class using the inquisitor enhancements, you'll see little munchkin halflings with grenades/bombs, 2 revolvers running on an island full of dinosaurs with the running speed of a dinosaur whereas melees not riding a dinosaur could not even catch up and see the monsters.

However, they'll try to sell that. Would melee catch up and complain *AGAIN*? No, you should open your eyes. They are trying to make a living and keeping the lights on on the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    I fully expect that you will not get a response until sales of Inquisitors slows to a stop or near stop, then we’ll get a, “We’ve read all of the feedback and we’re going to go ahead and make some changes to Inquisitors...”
    Last edited by Tyrande; 09-19-2019 at 10:16 AM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Is there a way to get this now that doesn't require you to be a Monk, Bard, or Tempest Ranger?
    The one folks haven't mentioned yet: Vanguard! Because everyone uses a shield these days, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

You must have stopped playing at 3.5 then, heh.

Not saying melee is **more** powerful in 4 and 5, but it no longer turns into casters being able to solo anything designed to challenge the entire party by level 7.
    Isnt DDO mostly based on 3.5?

Still Play 2nd...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Hello,

I've sent multiple messages (also private messges) to various Developers of DDO, had no response whatsoever but they say they always read (doesn't seem to be the truth).
    I am sure that the devs that have said they always read…. always read.
    Just because they don't answer your messages does not mean they do not read them.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Do they exist in the original pen & paper source ?

THe very problem is that people outright assume that there are no first-lifers at all within the game. Thus they don't even have the idea to compare ANYTHING against first-lifers. Also, they believe that first lives are trash anyway. Reaper is the thing to go !!!111eleven Everything should be balanced against Reaper and TR ! The whole game should absolutely GET RID of ANYTHING apart Reaper and TR !

This is what I read here. People so much stuck in their elite Reaper-thinking that they shut down their minds and imagionation against anything that is not Reaper or TR.
    Sadly this is correct.

And devs actually encourage that way of thinking.

When introduced, reaper was supposed to be optional challenge mode for top players, it soon became mandatory for TR runs. Especially after last update to xp where first run on reaper gives more than double bonus XP over Elite run. Harder on low reaper point toons, but those with lots of points just laugh at "nerfs" to reaper trees.

Last XP update removed me from group of players who buy DDO points, thanks SSG, more money for me.

Community Member

Face it, DDO is just a first-person shooter now. Such sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Hello,

I've sent multiple messages (also private messges) to various Developers of DDO, had no response whatsoever but they say they always read (doesn't seem to be the truth).
    The only thing I want to say in this thread atm is this: Reading everything and replying to everything are two very different things. It's very possible to read everything and not reply at all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast