Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This thread is even more amusing with harmonica music in the background. Lotsa melee solo reaper videos on YouTube. Use your google skills to improve your game.
    Now let me guess what class and fighting style is your main character? Ranged?

  2. #22
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,632

    Default

    As to the OP, ask Chacka about his favor run on the HL server. It's a melee.

    I love playing melee's. I love playing Ranger bow builds.

    The devs have basically thrown mud in our face regarding game balance. When cross bow build does more damage than either the aforementioned play styles. then my point is valid.

    But to post a biased opinion about melee's in general is off the mark. It's what they've done to ruin game balance is the real issue.

    + 1 for the thread though. If we don't voice our opinions, we lose completely.



  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Dance of Death with 100% up-time and twice the weapon reach would be less broken than this insanely stupid crossbow nonsense.

    Manyshot with 100% uptime would be less broken as well.

    Doubling, maybe even tripping a THFing fighter/barbarian would still do less damage.

    You blew it SSG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post

    I love playing melee's. I love playing Ranger bow builds.
    Ranger bow builds have not and never will be good in this game.

    Why?

    Because SSG can't monitize it.
    Last edited by Kaboom2112; 09-15-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    362

    Default

    I, for one, welcome that Inqs put 'paid' to all the Monk stick builds which were ruining the game.

  6. #26
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Completely agree with the OP.

    Despite extensive claims by the Devs over the years to address game balance.

    They have completely abandoned any attempt at that with recent game direction. Been awful since Sharn.

    In the past its been a class that needed balanced. Right now things are so borked it's a whole playstyle that is inferior.

    I'm not putting it down to cynicism, more ineptitude. Whatever. It needs fixed.

    Result is I've pretty much given up on the game for now. Log in. Check a couple of things. Log out. Is now my standard gameplay.


    .
    That is a true fact, balancing the game isn't a task for them... changing (cof cof Nerf) the XP and ransacking Optionals will Balance the Game!
    No Signature...

  7. #27
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Funniest thing about all of this. Is forumnites have been asking for this. Albeit ranged just getting it first not so much. Forumnites wanted more power to be in the builds/gear and less in the grind. So we get inquisitive which is exactly that. Next will be alchemist, then who knows maybe psionics.

  8. #28
    Community Member Karthunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    120

    Default

    How again will nerfing inq fix the current problem with playing melee in reaper? News flash, it will not do anything.

    I would rather play a subpar ranged dps than a melee any day of the week in reaper.

    I would love to be able to see how may people complaining about inq actually paid the money to play the tree.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    I keep saying it and I'll keep saying it...

    Inqui is not OP. They're just well-adapted.

    The things they do well are the things the game, as its currently designed, rewards you most for doing, or are most effective for completing content. Killing things before they can get to you. Being able to clear packs of trash at once. Burst damage to tougher targets. Avoidance defense - both passive, ie Dodge, and active, ie kiting.

    That's not a problem in class balance. That's a problem in quest design. Dont call for inquis to be nerfed, call for quests that challenge inqui's weaknesses more and reward melee's strengths more. Quests where you cant burst-snipe mobs before they can hit you, where you're facing fewer but stronger mobs so IPS isnt such a force multiplier, where the dungeons are small enough to prevent you from just circle-kiting everything.

    I was playing Wraithcallers last night and thinking hey, this is a more melee focused quest - the tight quarters prevent range and line-of-sight and kiting from being too much of an advantage, and there are fewer mobs but they hit hard and are tougher. More quests like that would help melees feel less marginalized.

    If they deliver a THF overhaul that gives it a comparable AOE ability to IPS...ie, just change glancing blows to full hits within its AOE, just like IPS does...then you'll absolutely see a resurgence of melee

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Frankly, it's sad that bows, being staples of fantasy RPGs, are so bad compared to various xbows contraptions in modern DDO. The best solution would be to re-normalize all ranged base attack speeds against say 80% of melee and nerf TTS / Many Shot / IPS accordingly.
    Yea, but this game is set in Eberron, which isn't really a traditional fantasy setting.

    There's 2 types of bows and 1 enhancement tree that looks for them specifically. There's 5 types of crossbows and 3 enhancement trees that look to them specifically.

    Bows are a second-class citizen, always have been, and, IMO, should be for DPS. I think they should lean into the support role that AA gives bows even further.

  11. #31
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    melee are trash from 1-30 right now.

    ftfy.

    Project Nemesis really shows how bad the scene is for melee right now.

    Rudus: Massive opportunity cost to melee him, 0 risk ranging him
    Zulkis: Immediately teleports 50% of the time someone gets in melee range
    Irk: Completely un-meleeable (except for a Dire Charge every 12s)

    Their new raid is a joke. It's the perfect raid to go along with their joke tree.

    Make Rudus invulnerable to ranged damage. Make the caster take reduced damage from ranged by 50%.
    Last edited by Shadow_Jumper; 09-15-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I keep saying it and I'll keep saying it...

    Inqui is not OP. They're just well-adapted.

    The things they do well are the things the game, as its currently designed, rewards you most for doing, or are most effective for completing content. Killing things before they can get to you. Being able to clear packs of trash at once. Burst damage to tougher targets. Avoidance defense - both passive, ie Dodge, and active, ie kiting.

    That's not a problem in class balance. That's a problem in quest design. Dont call for inquis to be nerfed, call for quests that challenge inqui's weaknesses more and reward melee's strengths more. Quests where you cant burst-snipe mobs before they can hit you, where you're facing fewer but stronger mobs so IPS isnt such a force multiplier, where the dungeons are small enough to prevent you from just circle-kiting everything.

    I was playing Wraithcallers last night and thinking hey, this is a more melee focused quest - the tight quarters prevent range and line-of-sight and kiting from being too much of an advantage, and there are fewer mobs but they hit hard and are tougher. More quests like that would help melees feel less marginalized.

    If they deliver a THF overhaul that gives it a comparable AOE ability to IPS...ie, just change glancing blows to full hits within its AOE, just like IPS does...then you'll absolutely see a resurgence of melee
    How does other ranged builds stack up for all classes except rogue? Simplified, AA bow is 1 atk/s, inq is 2. NHB is 4. While you have valid points, Inq is a universal tree with top tier DPS, at range. It is the dominant DPS choice for most classes.

  13. #33
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    ftfy.

    Project Nemesis really shows how bad the scene is for melee right now.

    Rudus: Massive opportunity cost to melee him, 0 risk ranging him
    Zulkis: Immediately teleports 50% of the time someone gets in melee range
    Irk: Completely un-meleeable (except for a Dire Charge every 12s)

    Their new raid is a joke. It's the perfect raid to go along with their joke tree.

    Make Rudus invulnerable to ranged damage. Make the caster take reduced damage from ranged by 50%.
    Meanwhile its partner raid. the safest spot to be is in melee distance.

  14. #34
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Meanwhile its partner raid. the safest spot to be is in melee distance.
    Not if you're smart and take deflect arrows.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

  15. #35
    Community Member Yamani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the states
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Not if you're smart and take deflect arrows.
    That's like saying you could open your eyes and negate Rudus's Jump by jumping.

  16. #36
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    That's like saying you could open your eyes and negate Rudus's Jump by jumping.
    One is passive. The other is highly buggy and dependent on no lag.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    How does other ranged builds stack up for all classes except rogue? Simplified, AA bow is 1 atk/s, inq is 2. NHB is 4. While you have valid points, Inq is a universal tree with top tier DPS, at range. It is the dominant DPS choice for most classes.
    Being the most powerful option doesn't mean it's overpowered, though. In fact it's not that much stronger (at endgame) than rogue mech builds that existed before it - it's just a lot easier and more flexible/accessible and isn't as back loaded. But it's not OP and it's not even power creep - more like power spread, which is actually a good thing, giving more options to reach similar efficacy.

  18. #38
    Community Member Kalapurka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    47

    Talking

    I'm a casual DDO player and I'm loving this changes, ranged and artificer are my favorite playstyle and class so It's fun to finally contribute to the party without triple racial/heroic/epic completionist. If you don't like it just ask for melee buffs or something don't touch my fun experience and like always stay mald

    You friendly neighborhood Kalapurka.

  19. #39
    Community Member bls904c2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    373

    Default

    nth
    Last edited by bls904c2; 09-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  20. #40
    Community Member redoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,386

    Default

    Well, shoot. I'm doing it wrong, even after all these years.

    Would you please post your build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    I have sent the Devs a video where a player does about 250k damage to a target dummy in ONE CLICK!
    I've done some training dummy testing while waiting on friends and when stacking Stand and Deliver, End of the Hunt and Shoot Later, the best I got was 47k and change.

    How do you do 5x that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    My first inq build has about 2.3k hp in reaper, has about 170 prr (mrr not far behind) - and the melee builds have maybe 100 more but it only gives the melees about 5-8% better damage reduction overall (everything over 200 changes very little to defense).
    My inq build only has about half those hp in reaper.

    Again, I'd truly like to see this build. I am open to the possibility that I'm simply not building to even half the potential, but that I could be so, so far off blows my mind. When I come in with 104 casting stat and someone says they have 114, I figure I'm in the ball park. But when you can do 5x the damage per shot and have double the hit points... well.... its hard to fathom just what I am missing. I'd love to see this build. Thanks.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload