Thread: Finding Dorris

Default Finding Dorris

Okay, I'm trying to do the new quests, starting with Finding Dorris. What a pain this quest is, so needlessly convoluted. I've run through the entire quest about 50 times now trying to figure out what I'm missing, and I can't find it. I've gotten all the way down the arena fight area in the Cogs, defeated all the dudes, talked to the arena fight gnoll and the warforged, they say "go talk to the warforged trainer, he's upstairs"

HOW DO I GET UPSTAIRS?!?!? There are no stairs, no paths, no air jets, and the elevator that says "going up" just takes me back up to the docks. Where the heck do I go?!

Oh, good job, the way to progress is behind a secret door that DOESN'T POP AN INDICATOR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Okay, I'm trying to do the new quests, starting with Finding Dorris. What a pain this quest is, so needlessly convoluted. I've run through the entire quest about 50 times now trying to figure out what I'm missing, and I can't find it. I've gotten all the way down the arena fight area in the Cogs, defeated all the dudes, talked to the arena fight gnoll and the warforged, they say "go talk to the warforged trainer, he's upstairs"

HOW DO I GET UPSTAIRS?!?!? There are no stairs, no paths, no air jets, and the elevator that says "going up" just takes me back up to the docks. Where the heck do I go?!
    I was just nailing this down with a guildie.

Talk to assistant, talk to fran(clue 1), run by docks (no clues here, just fights).
    At harassed warforged, break box and check device (clue 2)
    Break into house being looted by rioters and break another box to check device (clue 3)
    Go to cogs via elevator.

Go in front of factory for update, either fight through or can back out and climb up and enter rear of factory via 2 secret doors if you hate spider/rat/bat spam.
    Either way cogs clue 1 is in the room full of boxes of warforged in the old factory.
    Clue 2 is the scared promoter at the money pit. Go through secret door in Money Pit and go up via elevator.
    Clue 3 is a broken box on a platform just outside the elevator, some mobs standing on it so you won't miss it.
    Run to end house, fight red named and adds in a room full of traps, talk x2 in final room, loot.
    Last edited by acemonkey; 09-15-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Community Member

I've only done this quest a few times (yes it's bad), but I don't remember ever seeing or needing a secret door.

The quest bugs out a lot. The gnoll gets stuck down in the pit. If he doesn't run up, the secret will not open and you need a decent "search" skill to progress.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The quest bugs out a lot. The gnoll gets stuck down in the pit. If he doesn't run up, the secret will not open and you need a decent "search" skill to progress.
    I'm told that walking down the stairs to him, rather than jumping over the rail down into the pit, will trigger him to open the secret passage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I'm told that walking down the stairs to him, rather than jumping over the rail down into the pit, will trigger him to open the secret passage.
    This seems to be a pathing issue for the gnoll. Just did it twice,(both jumping over the railing and running down the stairs) bugged out both times and paid for a rogue hireling to search the secret door. the second time. Both times the gnoll stayed downstairs but heads in the direction of the secret door. I assume he needs to head upstairs. I hope the devs see this and drop the search so any toon can find it in the next path. Unless they fix the pathing issues

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I ran into the same issue.

Was soloing this, went in blind on a 1st time run, and ran around aimlessly for a solid hour trying to figure out how to get to the guy upstairs that the gnoll in the arena was telling me about.

I had a secret door indicator, but figured surely that's not the only way to progress since it requires a good search skill. Which I don't have on my cleric. The gnoll ran face first into the wall down in the bottom part of the arena area and stopped without unlocking the secret door, so if he's supposed to unlock the secret door it looks like a pathing issue. Doesn't look like a natural position an NPC would run to.

Super annoying and frustrating. Wish I'd had been told it was bugged so I didn't waste my time. Couldn't bring myself to spend points on a rogue hireling when it's a bug preventing quest progression, so just recalled.

Devs, please fix ASAP. And in the meantime if the pathing issue takes a while to resolve, consider dropping the search DC on that door to 0 so everyone can progress.
    Last edited by axel15810; 09-16-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Community Member

Just did this quest again and the announcer still gets stuck downstairs. Lower the check on finding the door so everyone can advance the quest!