Default Silver Dragonscale Capelet not providing the correct stats

Silver Dragonscale Capelet has Insightful Sheltering +28. Yet when I don it, I only get Insightful Sheltering +27:

I'm not wearing any other items that provide Insightful Sheltering. What is going on here?
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Guessing that since 7 and 8 are together, someone had a fat finger moment or some such during entry of the numbers. Should be a quick fix assuming one of the Devs sees it.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    What is going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    So, let's go down a fun wormhole into a fun chunk of legacy DDO code known as Progressions

To answer your questions ahead of time, yes, we're aware that these have changed, and yes, we can fix it. No ETA but in the meantime I can at least explain what actually happened here.

Some of our spells and abilities in DDO scale off caster level. Some scale off character level, some scale off ability scores, etc etc. If you'd like to get an ability to do 1d6 per caster level, easy peasy - just use Caster Level as your scaling modifier.

But what if you want to do something that's not 1:1? What if you wanted to do something like... this ability can hit a maximum of two targets until 10, then it hits 3, and then at 14 hits 4? That's not 1:1 - nor is it a multiplier of 1:1. It's irregular. You'd need some sort of progression... and that's what a progression is.

Think of it like a set of numbers in a row, and you can pick the numbers in that row. In the above example, the progression would be: [ 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 (... and then a lot of 4s onwards and so forth) ].

So, how does this relate to the gloves?

Well, our internal scaling item effects use a progression for certain stats - such as bonuses to specific skills. And, for this update, I stumbled upon a pretty funny bug: the internal scalar for several scaling effects was missing number 40 in the progression. It skipped from 39 to 41. So, everything is off by 1. Weird, right? I fixed the templating, which retroactively added entry 40 to all of our scaling progressions, which bumped everything using our scaling templates down 1 ilevel. We can fix this with some light hackery, but it'd need a lot of testing and we really don't want to rush something like this. We managed to get out from under this bug without just deleting everything accidentally, which is a great step forward, and the worst case scenario would just blink the gloves off of your hands, so we really don't want to take a risk
    I think this is the same bug.

Community Member

Does anyone have Tattered Scrolls of the Broken One? The other insightful Sheltering 28 item is worth testing as well.

I just tested my Hallowed Castigators. They're providing insightful Sheltering 26 instead of 27!!! Never noticed before. Either we are forgetting a source of insightful Sheltering 1, or something is wrong with the items.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L28 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...