Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

There's an event?

Seriously though, I've read this thread and another one about +8 tomes but nothing official anywhere. Admittedly I've done nothing more than a cursory search but still... I still have no idea if there's an event or not. I appreciate SSGs advertising budget may be small but it shouldn't be that hard for them to let their player base know what's going on, they have my email address, why not send me a mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    There's an event?

Seriously though, I've read this thread and another one about +8 tomes but nothing official anywhere. Admittedly I've done nothing more than a cursory search but still... I still have no idea if there's an event or not. I appreciate SSGs advertising budget may be small but it shouldn't be that hard for them to let their player base know what's going on, they have my email address, why not send me a mail?
    10th Free To Play celebration
    No Signature...

I am not complaining but more of a suggestion:

If I were to do something to celebrate F2P, I would open up certain quests as F2P that are P2P for one day only over a 10 day period. Then everyone with bank toons, dual and quad boxing accounts, f2Players and premiums would go NUTS playing those quests. That would be a lot of fun with an explosion of activity.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I am not complaining but more of a suggestion:

If I were to do something to celebrate F2P, I would open up certain quests as F2P that are P2P for one day only over a 10 day period. Then everyone with bank toons, dual and quad boxing accounts, f2Players and premiums would go NUTS playing those quests. That would be a lot of fun with an explosion of activity.
    Woooooot! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Make it so.
    Very awesome idea.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

You might want to look up the generally accepted definition of "limp wristed" as a pejorative term. You are clearly using it with a negative connotation. But most people would agree it has a worse connotation associated.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    You might want to look up the generally accepted definition of "limp wristed" as a pejorative term. You are clearly using it with a negative connotation. But most people would agree it has a worse connotation associated.

limp-wristed adjective
    limp-wrist·?ed | \ ?limp-?ri-st?d \
    Definition of limp-wristed
    1: EFFEMINATE
    2: WEAK
    Synonyms & Antonyms for limp-wristed
    Synonyms

characterless, effete, frail, invertebrate, milk-and-water, namby-pamby, nerveless, soft, spineless, weak, weak-kneed, weakened, weakling, wet [British], wimpish, wimpy, wishy-washy
    Antonyms

backboned, firm, hard, strong, tough

But yeah is often associated as a term to refer to homosexual men.

But its old term was about just being weak. Later it was attributed to homosexual men. Could have used a different term of course, but unsure if the OP meant to offend. Would hope that wasn't the case.
    Last edited by Bacab; 09-14-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

I don't mind the bundle, the bundle is decent. But the bundle basically being the only thing offered is a little insulting (unless you're counting the free pack that most of us bought a decade ago as giving us something). A free pack of your choosing, an additional character slot, some cosmetics or anything else at all would have been a much nicer gesture.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

I find it comical how a company recognizes and celebrates something significant by giving it's customers something to help celebrate that milestone for free, and people complain.

IQ (as per the release notes,) was the 1st adventure pack that went on sale in the new store and F2P business model. So why do you naysayers complain that SSG is using that as a perk? It's fitting and appropriate.

It doesn't matter if you have it, like it or not, it's nostalgia. And it fits.

10 free shared bank spaces., A free adventure pack, and a nice tidy little store bundle is something not one of you ever expected. so why complain like a bunch of whiny little self-entitled brats?

Most of the player base NEVER EXPECTED OR CONSIDERED SSG WOULD CELEBRATE THIS. But yet here the thread is.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    But its old term was about just being weak. Later it was attributed to homosexual men. Could have used a different term of course, but unsure if the OP meant to offend. Would hope that wasn't the case.
    Reminds me what became of the word "gay". Tolkien uses it in the old sense. I wonder how many people these days realize that it actually had a very different meaning long ago.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12