Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free +8 Tome of Supreme Ability for Everyone

Wow...

Talk about a grand equalizer...
    Thats quite the generous gift, it will do a lot for the less paying members of the community (of which I am not, but happy to see)

Good idea by SSG? Debate.
    I wonder if it was a conscious decision to try balance out some of the NPC power creep making newer content punishing for newer / less invested players?

Quote Originally Posted by Indubitably View Post
    Wow...

Thats quite the generous gift, it will do a lot for the less paying members of the community (of which I am not, but happy to see)

I wonder if it was a conscious decision to try balance out some of the NPC power creep making newer content punishing for newer / less invested players?
    It's so generous that its not even free. It's 3995 points which is a good deal sadly only 1x use per account/world.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    It's so generous that its not even free. It's 3995 points which is a good deal sadly only 1x use per account/world.
    Sneaky!
    The page I looked at never mentioned a price or anything...
    Although now on closer inspection... the words bundle and purchase are in there...
    Although other things that use codes are often redeemed and are bundled.

Hmm, this changes many things.

My city had a 10-year-anniversary celebrating free drinking water for everyone.. They did it by selling super deluxe water at an extra-low price.

Sneaky!
    Although now on closer inspection... the words bundle and purchase are in there...

Yeah I saw this on my FB feed and immediately thought they would finally have a decent anniversary event.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Sneaky!

How much is that in dollars? like 60 bux?
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Wow...

Its a trap. You think the +8 supreme tomes with a heart and 10 slots of shared bank is cheap now. Wait until next year when the next expansion Isle of Dread hits. That +8 supreme tome does not look so cheap now when you need 145 DC to do things in Isle of Dread... i.e. you need to buy +10 supreme tomes.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    How much is that in dollars? like 60 bux?
    3995 points is more like $40. With $200 you can buy around ~20,000 points; with double points you can get 33,000 points.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Yeah more power creep that’s a good idea

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Yeah more power creep that’s a good idea
    Yes, I agree with your sarcastic sentiment.
    Trying to level the playing field, making peoples previous acquisitions meaningless and then building more on top of it is a poor way to design for future player investments.
    Of Course I can CC - Death is a form of CC.
    My other character is a triple everything completionist.

Trying to level the playing field...
    Why should they? Why discount others past efforts?

making peoples previous acquisitions meaningless
    This is exactly what that would do, for everyone/anyone who paid to get any sort of similar tome. Yeah, that'd go over real popular.

That said - regardless of any justification for a misreading, I find it inexplicable that you actually thought that DDO was doing this. For so many reasons. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    That said - regardless of any justification for a misreading, I find it inexplicable that you actually thought that DDO was doing this. For so many reasons. Really.

Because they have never given out tomes or made nonsensical poor decisions before?
    Of Course I can CC - Death is a form of CC.
    My other character is a triple everything completionist.

I guess the gift is a discount and two freebies.
    Also you can skip 10 levels on a newly created char, which is like 600k of xp worth.
    And Path of Inspiration is a free pack.

Though I guess everybody is falling over the oneliner on the news page:
    - "Check out some free gifts in celebration of DDO's 10th Anniversary of launching Free to Play!"

I was happy with the discounted +8 supreme tome, then I saw it was supposed to be free and all of a sudden I feel cheated out of what otherwise would have been a stellar gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Its a trap. You think the +8 supreme tomes with a heart and 10 slots of shared bank is cheap now. Wait until next year when the next expansion Isle of Dread hits. That +8 supreme tome does not look so cheap now when you need 145 DC to do things in Isle of Dread... i.e. you need to buy +10 supreme tomes.
    If I still playing one year from now... Surely I'll have 3995 points to spare again without put I single dime in this game.
    No Signature...

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Also you can skip 10 levels on a newly created char, which is like 600k of xp worth.

Though I guess everybody is falling over the oneliner on the news page:
    - "Check out some free gifts in celebration of DDO's 10th Anniversary of launching Free to Play!"

I was happy with the discounted +8 supreme tome, then I saw it was supposed to be free and all of a sudden I feel cheated out of what otherwise would have been a stellar gift.
    I don’t think any reasonable person thought the +8 supreme tome and heart of blood was supposed to be free. That’s even beyond SSG/Turbine levels of insane decision making.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I don’t think any reasonable person thought the +8 supreme tome and heart of blood was supposed to be free. That’s even beyond SSG/Turbine levels of insane decision making.
    And yet we have a whole thread about it in which some very reasonable people clearly state otherwise.

Now when ever reasonable people read the words "some free gifts" they expect those "some free gifts" to be plural (as in more then one) and gratis (as in free speech and free beer) as that is what those words put together mean.
    I won't expect many or anything super special as it indicates "some" and I most certainly won't expect to have to pay for any of those free gifts.

Community Member

And dont forget 10 free Shared Bank slots for everyone who has it now - or buys it in the future. The base number of slots is going from 10 to 20, so that first Shared Bank slot is now 20 forever.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And dont forget 10 free Shared Bank slots for everyone who has it now - or buys it in the future. The base number of slots is going from 10 to 20, so that first Shared Bank slot is now 20 forever.
    That was stated to be a mistake, but given it went live with update 43, I'm reading that as a hint that things that now have to be paid for once where communicated internally as to be free and gratis.

And yet we have a whole thread about it in which some very reasonable people clearly state otherwise.

Now when ever reasonable people read the words "some free gifts" they expect those "some free gifts" to be plural (as in more then one) and gratis (as in free speech and free beer) as that is what those words put together mean.
    I won't expect many or anything super special as it indicates "some" and I most certainly won't expect to have to pay for any of those free gifts.
    Not to question the reasonableness of the people in this thread, but I hardly think a thread on these boards offers proof as to an idea, or posters, reasonableness.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Hasn't the first slot always been 20??
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast