Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    Best advise ever. Dont do them, they are traps for having to do them forever and the overall gain is minimum.
    This.

NONE of my characters have heroic or racial completionist and probably never will.

Focus on getting a few TRs that apply to your character.

My melee characters have 3 fighter past-lives for the +3 to tactics, and then a random assortment of barb/paladin/rogue/ranger lives for extra hp/heal amp/sneak attack/ranged damage. They also have 6 racial TRs for the +2 to their main stat, and 2 racial AP.

There is zero reason for those guys to have a wizard or a cleric PL.

My wizard character has 3 wizard PLs for the +1 DC and +6 spell-pen, and 4 racial TRs for the +2 to INT. There is zero reason for that character to have a fighter or monk PL.

That's it... That's the smart way to do TRs. Biggest bang for your buck. Get the first +1 to +3 bonuses you want with 6-10 PLs... Don't grind out another 30-50 PLs for one more +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Whats your goal? Is it Reaper play? or Non Reaper?

If no Reaper:
    EPLs > RPLs > HPL

If Reaper:
    RPoints > EPLS > RPLs > HPLs

The caveat with Heroic Completionist is you have to take it as a feat to get the goods some end builds are feat tight and cant afford it. Racial PLs dont take the feat slot & you get Racial APs to spend which can be incredibly powerful but its the longest slog to get there. Epic PLs and Stances are really helpful and you can turn them on at level 1.

Stratwise I do a EPL with every RPL and skip quests that have both a heroic and a legendary counterpart if possible. Run everything on R1 and when you hit 30 Do as high skull as you can in the skipped quests.

Some classes that make sense to do 3x if your really looking to min max. Paladin is about universal. 30Hamp is good.
    for example:
    on my end game arcane caster alt: I am probably going to do 3X Wizzy 3X Sorc, 3X Paladin then work on RPLs or a mix of those where I do one Heroic and 3X RPL then another Herioc. Possibly some FvS if spell pen needs more work. Filling out EDs and doing the following EPLS 3x Energy Criticals, 3x Skills. 3x Brace, 3x Colors of the Queen or Doubleshot for Inquis

This is likely years of work and never will be completed.
    Last edited by scut207; 09-13-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Community Member

Depends on the build and what you do. As an example I recently built a 16fvs/4druid bear healer on a old character that had only like 1 cleric and 1 FvS past life, no epics. Has solid stats for what it is (+8 tomes and aggressively geared) like 240ac, 230prr, 200mrr, 900 positive spellpower with standing 60% crit chance before empyrean, 200hamp, and around 135 intim for saving raids if the tank goes belly up for whatever reason. Also has 4200hp outside of reaper. But would I reallllllly like to have an extra 75ac, 45prr, 27mrr, a bunch of amp and another 300 or so HP? Absofreakinglutely. Those number bumps take the build from R1 ravenloft raid tank, LH sharn raid tank, R1 KT tank and bump the difficulty by a couple tiers or skulls and would make it a legit high reaper tank/party healer rather than being cutoff around R4-5.

As a whole the heroic lives don't mean a lot and racials are only really good if you're running a good race (most of them are garbage) but Epic Lives are a huge deal for everyone.

At the end of the day I still recommend people run 1-30 to get heroic completionist and knock out the 13-14 ETR's as well. By the time that's done they'll not only have figured out what they really enjoy playing but will also have a very strong base for their final build and/or future TR's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12