Default DDO Laucher directs to Resource Folder once I select World

Hey all! I've been playing DDO on a windows computer for 9 years now, and I recently went to install DDO on my Macbook I use for work. I downloaded the client and let the launcher run for a few hours to do all the updates. The login panel now comes up, but once I log in and select a world, the window says "Initializing..." and my Resource folder is then opened. I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with that window, but I've tried clicking a few things, but always get a "Failed to start client" message, with text after that which varies depending on what I clicked. If I click Cancel on the Resource window, I get the following message:
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

Default I have same issue on a MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Hey all! I've been playing DDO on a windows computer for 9 years now, and I recently went to install DDO on my Macbook I use for work. I downloaded the client and let the launcher run for a few hours to do all the updates. The login panel now comes up, but once I log in and select a world, the window says "Initializing..." and my Resource folder is then opened. I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with that window, but I've tried clicking a few things, but always get a "Failed to start client" message, with text after that which varies depending on what I clicked. If I click Cancel on the Resource window, I get the following message:
    I have the same issue on a mac and can no longer play on my machine

I tried Wine Launcher, everything. Can't get it to work

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliptus View Post
    I have the same issue on a mac and can no longer play on my machine

I tried Wine Launcher, everything. Can't get it to work
    A V.I.P. in our Guild has the same issue.

If SSG cannot / will not fix this... not only will I lose a Guildmate but SSG will lose a long time V.I.P. player : (

I hope they do something soon.

Community Member

Angry Same issue as well

Have not played DDO on in years due to computer issues. Finally got a Mac that I figured the game might work on and decided to install DDO. First install and wait hours to get ready to play. I get to the login screen and it allows me to select my server. After that a resource folder opens and no matter what I select DDO will not launch.

Update: I uninstalled this version, downloaded steam, and downloaded the client through there. I can now get into the game world successfully

Well, I can play, but the Steam client definitely has some issues. Damage numbers over heads for one, are way lower than they actaully are (Showing 1-4 damage per hit when they are 40-50), and the game is dark as HELL. Brightness settings don't seem to work either

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Well, I can play, but the Steam client definitely has some issues. Damage numbers over heads for one, are way lower than they actaully are (Showing 1-4 damage per hit when they are 40-50), and the game is dark as HELL. Brightness settings don't seem to work either
    Does turning up the gamma (brightness control) on the monitor hardware (not DDO) do anything?
    Last edited by Tyrande; 09-18-2019 at 05:19 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Default Maybe something in this post will help?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...AQ#post6250595

I sent the above link off to the V.I.P. with the MAC issue with luck the what SSG did with the FAQ will help.

Community Member

Still nothing for the Mac?

This was another weekend our Guildmate was not able to play : (

Downloading and following the info in the FAQ did not help.

For 3 years all was good now SSG did something to keep this V.I.P. from logging into Game : (

Community Member

Default Not looking good for MacOS players : (

From patch notes…

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-43-patch-1-release-notes

The native MacOS client for DDO has been deprecated and replaced with a WINE-based client solution for MacOS.

Players attempting to launch the game from the deprecated launcher should now receive messaging to direct them to the new client.

NOTES:
    The WINE client is not compatible with the newly-released MacOS Catalina.
    Players who wish to play natively on a Mac (as opposed to using a Windows-based solution) should NOT update to Catalina.
    The deprecated MacOS client erroneously references LOTRO instead of DDO in its messaging, although all links remain valid.

MacOS: New Client Available and FAQ
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ilable-and-FAQ