Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gilga1 View Post
    So, about sorcs in r10 content for sure Sam has more wisdom than me
    No offense to Sam, since whatever happened in this thread aside, I consider him one of the "good" metagamers (don't lie to protect OP stuff and so on, he has a good track record on that).

However, Sam you have to admit that you've had to take some update lessons on sorcs, and I think you know what I mean.

Community Member

I'm pretty confident that a Tempest DoD in LD on Gilga's level would have higher sustained AoE DPS, it's just smaller AoE and less bursty. Assassin has even higher single-target DPS, but nobody complains about that. Therefore Zretch was spot on imo, the problem really is that DDO gives certain classes the ability to do as much AoE damage as they do single-target damage. These classes will be imbalanced one way or the other until you fix that.
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 09-12-2019 at 02:24 PM.

I enjoy playing a melee, but when I want a break for a life I go and do a caster life. It feels a bit like cheating it's so easy in comparison.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

What tronk n fatii n gord do w sorcs is def above average

Most others things like meld are life savers
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member DaggomaticDwarf's Avatar

Default Same old song.... not the quest.

Once again the illusion of balance rears it's ugly head.

It's not the answer folks, it's the cause.

Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

Considering vinc on his bard solos r10s yeah

Do you balance around the 1 percent or the 99
    Last edited by mr420247; 09-12-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Default Shhhh

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Considering vinc on his bard solos r10s yeah

He's not a Sorc or an Inq. so he doesn't count

Dagg.
    If A Dwarf falls in the forest does he make a sound? YES! Ah Gawd Dang Sons of a *BEEP*
    Guild leader of the "Order of the Never Empty Mug"-Khyber Server-Varda, Daggummet, Xotika, Angelheart, Annaleeza, Keirza, Gearszin, Iluvatar, Sindeamon, and Pippsqueek

No his grim was solo r10 bard idk what hes on this week
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    For completeness, mind giving us your EVO DC? I guess some people will argue that with the focus on DPS that you have mobs might save.
    112 evo without boosts. Some mobs can save, yes. Most 'evasive' mobs can be stoned or held

Vinci is on Gland on holiday, playing a Inquisitive. He scares me... XD
    Tronko - Ascendance - Cannith

Lmao.

Recently played with Sam and other “high end” players. Sam was the only one out of three (2 sorcs and 1 Inquisitive)that bothered with gearing choices that dropped dps slightly, but improved defenses. The results showed. The others died 6-8 times in r10 new content to sam’s 1-2 deaths and better KC. With less rxp, and more focus on a well rounded build Sam blew them out of the water.

Laugh at dropping Meld all you want. Laugh at not taking spell absorb items. Laugh at not taking deflect arrows. If you do, you’re a moron who easily dies 2-3x as much as a skilled player and is half as useful.

Ahh of course w kam hope they come back

Def defenses or glass cannons
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Apparently, people will whine around what the 1% do regardless of spec.

Default I saw the Vid.

It was awesome! I'm just pointing out that Bards are not on trial........ today.

Dagg.

I know right same as me i got nerfed dont need any more even heard the mofos ninja nerfed barbs blood tribute

N barbs did not need a nerf
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    But they are high DPS, not just burst DPS, high sustainable DPS. Gilga's screenshots are just using Hold and DBF, not Energy Burst or Breath for multiple times more damage on cooldowns that equate to getting to use one per fight. Meteor Swarm, DBF, and a couple others are very much spammable and are high DPS on their own. Throw in the destiny nukes and melees can do nothing but watch in awe as a well built sorc one-shots groups on R10.

For reaper raids SP consumption becomes an issue for those unwilling to use pots.
    My melee still out-sustained-DPS my casters, and before anyone attempts to counter with "that means you play garbage casters' Ive been playing both for very long time and am aware of the capabilities.

Im fine with casters being high burst DPS - this is what they do in D&D too when specced for it.

While I believe in a stars aligned situation, some 1%'er caster did one shot a room on R10 that one time in that one place, I dont believe the other 99% of caster players are capable of this. Even the good ones.

Default It's a waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    My melee still out-sustained-DPS my casters, and before anyone attempts to counter with "that means you play garbage casters' Ive been playing both for very long time and am aware of the capabilities.

Im fine with casters being high burst DPS - this is what they do in D&D too when specced for it.

While I believe in a stars aligned situation, some 1%'er caster did one shot a room on R10 that one time in that one place, I dont believe the other 99% of caster players are capable of this. Even the good ones.
    Some people won't be happy until the class icon is just a cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Lmao.

Recently played with Sam and other “high end” players. Sam was the only one out of three (2 sorcs and 1 Inquisitive)that bothered with gearing choices that dropped dps slightly, but improved defenses. The results showed. The others died 6-8 times in r10 new content to sam’s 1-2 deaths and better KC. With less rxp, and more focus on a well rounded build Sam blew them out of the water.

Laugh at dropping Meld all you want. Laugh at not taking spell absorb items. Laugh at not taking deflect arrows. If you do, you’re a moron who easily dies 2-3x as much as a skilled player and is half as useful.
    People accept deaths in reaper to the point where they spec all into offense and not much into anything else, then make sure they run into the room 2nd - 6th.

This is why I like playing on HC right now. The sheer amount of character death spam, even on the log in screen, is hilarious. Its up to ~10/minute at times.

The people I trust running with on higher difficulties is in the single digits.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaggomaticDwarf View Post
    Some people won't be happy until the class icon is just a cosmetic.
    And some people wouldn't understand any of it no matter what happens.

Yet they still speak.

Default Then please enlighten us

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    And some people wouldn't understand any of it no matter what happens.

Yet they still speak.
    O Uber of the Uberest!

Bro your only claim to fame is bagging up your own self-importance.

Please, if you don't have anything to offer other than "Git gudder" or "You're doing it wrong" then please just stop.

Dagg.
    Last edited by DaggomaticDwarf; 09-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Show the screen pics or vids
    Damonz Cannith

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast