Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Shared Storage Space Bug for VIP Players

    We have been looking into reports of higher than expected numbers of Shared Bank Storage slots since the release of Update 43, and have identified the cause. The issue is that the new 10th Anniversary Free to Play Launch Bundle is erroneously granting its 10 Shared Bank slots to VIP players whether the item was purchased or not.

    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update. VIP players, along with Premium Players who have purchased the Shared Bank, will see an additional 10 slots, because moving forward the base number of Shared Bank Storage slots will be 30, up from the usual 20.

    Those who purchased the 10th anniversary Free 2 Play Launch Bundle will see an extra 10 slots granted to them on the next Game update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been looking into reports of higher than expected numbers of Shared Bank Storage slots since the release of Update 43, and have identified the cause. The issue is that the new 10th Anniversary Free to Play Launch Bundle is erroneously granting its 10 Shared Bank slots to VIP players whether the item was purchased or not.

    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update. VIP players, along with Premium Players who have purchased the Shared Bank, will see an additional 10 slots, because moving forward the base number of Shared Bank Storage slots will be 30, up from the usual 20.

    Those who purchased the 10th anniversary Free 2 Play Launch Bundle will see an extra 10 slots granted to them on the next Game update.
    Yay! Now the upper limit of shared bank space is 260 slots! More lag too, I suppose...

  3. #3

    Default

    Jerry, can you post on social media and also on ddo.com an announcement concerning this F2P bundle offer? There was no advertisement of this store bundle at all; I found it just by searching through the DDO Store.

  4. #4
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,539

    Default

    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    613

    Default

    As it is nice of you to let us keep the mistaken space, I am going to log in right now and buy the bundle I would not have bought since it will give another 10 slots eventually
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  6. #6
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... The issue is ... erroneously granting its 10 Shared Bank slots to VIP players whether the item was purchased or not.

    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update...
    Well played, thank you!
    o7

  7. #7
    Community Member Amorais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Woohoo...! Great news!

    Thanks SSG - I just noticed the F2P bundle myself just now. Sadly I dont have the cash to get it yet. Paid Friday....!

  8. #8
    Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been looking into reports of higher than expected numbers of Shared Bank Storage slots since the release of Update 43, and have identified the cause. The issue is that the new 10th Anniversary Free to Play Launch Bundle is erroneously granting its 10 Shared Bank slots to VIP players whether the item was purchased or not.

    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update. VIP players, along with Premium Players who have purchased the Shared Bank, will see an additional 10 slots, because moving forward the base number of Shared Bank Storage slots will be 30, up from the usual 20.

    Those who purchased the 10th anniversary Free 2 Play Launch Bundle will see an extra 10 slots granted to them on the next Game update.
    Very cool, thank you.

    Two points: 1) the bundle is not listed in the 'New to DDO store' category, and 2) there is no mention of how long this bundle will be available in store.

    ...And 3) like many others I had no idea this had been released in store, an official announcement (in dev tracker/FB/Twitter) would help both you and us.

    Thanks

    TM

  9. #9
    Community Member Ovrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Jerry, can you post on social media and also on ddo.com an announcement concerning this F2P bundle offer? There was no advertisement of this store bundle at all; I found it just by searching through the DDO Store.
    Oh that's already out? Might be a good idea to mention it on the forums.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Very cool, thank you.

    Two points: 1) the bundle is not listed in the 'New to DDO store' category, and 2) there is no mention of how long this bundle will be available in store.

    ...And 3) like many others I had no idea this had been released in store, an official announcement (in dev tracker/FB/Twitter) would help both you and us.

    Thanks

    TM
    Just stop it with your unreasonable, nigh impossible requests.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update. VIP players, along with Premium Players who have purchased the Shared Bank, will see an additional 10 slots, because moving forward the base number of Shared Bank Storage slots will be 30, up from the usual 20.
    Just to be clear - VIP got these added in this week's update, but Premium who purchased Shared Bank will see them next update?

    I'm Premium with Shared Bank and I still just have 20 slots. Is that correct and as intended for the current patch?

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Thanks for the storage gift!

  13. #13
    Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Just stop it with your unreasonable, nigh impossible requests.
    The horse may be dead but it's not buried yet, now if we all flog it just a little harder, I think I saw it twitch!

    TM

  14. #14
    Community Member Grandern_Marn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (aka the Hatchery)
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Oh great! Thank you. Yes, I noticed after buying an extra 10 slots with the sale over the weekend that I actually had another 20 slots and I was like...did I really get an extra 10 slots or am I imagining things??... so thanks for clearing that up.

    I am sure that I can find a lot of semi-useful stuff that I am holding on to fill either 10 or 20 slots of space!
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

  15. #15
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    26,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    Very cool, thank you.

    Two points: 1) the bundle is not listed in the 'New to DDO store' category, and 2) there is no mention of how long this bundle will be available in store.

    ...And 3) like many others I had no idea this had been released in store, an official announcement (in dev tracker/FB/Twitter) would help both you and us.

    Thanks

    TM
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Thanks for the storage gift!

    All Of The Above.

    ------

    Ahhh... Well... I went and logged in to see this new thing.
    I really do appreciate the 10 'oops' storage slots, but 3995 for 10 slots, a +8 Super-Tome and a Heart/Blood.... Probably not for me.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 09-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  16. #16
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    All Of The Above.

    ------

    Ahhh... Well... I went and logged in to see this new thing.
    I really do appreciate the 10 'oops' storage slots, but 3995 for 10 slots, a +8 Super-Tome and a Heart/Blood.... Probably not for me.
    A +7 Supreme tome cost more.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    A couple of questions. So VIP people already got the +10 storage from the bundle in advance (and therefore won't get any more immediately if they buy the bundle today), but will get the extra 10 after the next update. What about premium people? They did not get the +10 storage in advance. If they buy the bundle today will they get an immediate increase in storage of 10 slots or will they also have to wait until the next update to get their 10 slots from the bundle (and also have to wait for the next update to get the 10 slots that everyone is getting for free) effectively meaning they will get no extra storage if they bought today, but will get 20 slots additional once the update comes out?

    Also, it sounds like the shared storage cap used to be 240 slots (I only have 150 myself so not sure). Then this bundle came out that accidentally gave all the VIP's an extra 10 spaces (raising the cap to 250) and the new update will raise the cap to 260 to accommodate people that bought the bundle. Does that mean that people that were at the cap of 240 will be able to buy another 10 shared storage space separately (along with getting the 10 for free that everyone is getting) or is the new cap of 260 only achievable if you buy the bundle?

  18. #18
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    26,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    A +7 Supreme tome cost more.
    (Yeah, but I wouldn't buy a +7 either.)

    I did log in to my main on Thel. My Shared bank there was full up to 240, and those extra 10 slots looked so sweet...

    *Sigh*

    And payday hit my bank account last night with my holiday pay on it...

    *grin*

    Yeah, I'm in. Mainly for those bank slots. Gotta have somewhere to put that Heart.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Still DId Not Receive the 10 Slots After Update Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have been looking into reports of higher than expected numbers of Shared Bank Storage slots since the release of Update 43, and have identified the cause. The issue is that the new 10th Anniversary Free to Play Launch Bundle is erroneously granting its 10 Shared Bank slots to VIP players whether the item was purchased or not.

    However, we are happy to report that we intend for players to retain these additional slots in the next game update. VIP players, along with Premium Players who have purchased the Shared Bank, will see an additional 10 slots, because moving forward the base number of Shared Bank Storage slots will be 30, up from the usual 20.

    Those who purchased the 10th anniversary Free 2 Play Launch Bundle will see an extra 10 slots granted to them on the next Game update.

    Hi: Yesterday I had 170 slots and after today's update I should have had 180 slots with the change to the base slots granted to VIP's.
    VIP Base Slots 30
    Mists of Ravenloft 10
    Purchased Slots 130
    10th Anniversary Bundle 10
    Total should be 180

    Still have 170 after the update. Did the update miss something in the change?

    Thanks.

  20. #20
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heikenmoore View Post
    Hi: Yesterday I had 170 slots and after today's update I should have had 180 slots with the change to the base slots granted to VIP's.
    VIP Base Slots 30
    Mists of Ravenloft 10
    Purchased Slots 130
    10th Anniversary Bundle 10
    Total should be 180

    Still have 170 after the update. Did the update miss something in the change?

    Thanks.

    The game didn't have an update today... it was postponed
    No Signature...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload