Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 10th Anniversary of Free to Play Launch Bundle

Check the DDO Store for this one-time bundle. Was this new item advertised anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Check the DDO Store for this one-time bundle. Was this new item advertised anywhere?

I bought the bundle and my account still has the same number of shared bank slots - 250 slots.

Saw that there was a bundle and become excited.

Saw the price and become not.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

I bought the bundle and my account still has the same number of shared bank slots - 250 slots.
    There's a thread about people suddenly getting 10 extra shared bank slots since the last update. I wonder if that is related to this.

Hmmm, tempting. Considering you can't Supreme 8's typically and not at this price. Not with a shared bank upgrade at the same time.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    There's a thread about people suddenly getting 10 extra shared bank slots since the last update. I wonder if that is related to this.
    I must have received the 10 extra shared bank slots before I bought the bundle. However, I can't remember if I had 240 slots or 250 slots before the most recent update.

Can Cordovan clarify what is going on?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Personally, I think, although I might be wrong, that most F2P people don't have that many Points available ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Personally, I think, although I might be wrong, that most F2P people don't have that many Points available ...
    Well likely not, but that's probably the whole idea... to get people that may have bought very little to open their wallets and buy some points. In true SSG/Turbine fashion however, they have not advertised this any ahead of time... and once again will loose money from those that might have budgeted for it had they any notice whatsoever.

I thought about it for all of a minute. I don't think I've bought any tomes since Epic Feats were new and I needed to make a feat req. But I bought a character bank upgrade yesterday and would be about 500 pts shy. The points I do have were purchased just before summer sales, and there just wasn't enough during summer sales that I wanted. Now I'll probably just continue to hoard my points because I'm annoyed that they can't be bothered to hype there own sales. Sheesh.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Well likely not, but that's probably the whole idea... to get people that may have bought very little to open their wallets and buy some points. In true SSG/Turbine fashion however, they have not advertised this any ahead of time... and once again will loose money from those that might have budgeted for it had they any notice whatsoever.

I thought about it for all of a minute. I don't think I've bought any tomes since Epic Feats were new and I needed to make a feat req. But I bought a character bank upgrade yesterday and would be about 500 pts shy. The points I do have were purchased just before summer sales, and there just wasn't enough during summer sales that I wanted. Now I'll probably just continue to hoard my points because I'm annoyed that they can't be bothered to hype there own sales. Sheesh.
    It's not just that. SSG hasn't listed this special store item anywhere as far as I can tell. The bundle just appeared in the DDO Store with no notice whatsoever.

Weird that this hasn't been advertised. But, as one of the wave of players who joined with F2P, it reminds me that this is also my 10th anniversary with DDO as well! Celebration!

Community Member

kinda the point, no?

---

One would think, if SSG were interested in growing the player base, they'd be advertising that as a FREE bonus for all new accounts created between .. say .. now and Dec 31.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Well likely not, but that's probably the whole idea... to get people that may have bought very little to open their wallets and buy some points.
    I'm not against that as a whole, I only would have done that differently :

- maybe several packs with different prices & different items, aimed at different customer target groups
    - lower price - not just 3000 points, something in the range between 500 to 1000
    - other items than there are in it now
    - maybe even a pet ?
    - maybe a new monster manual volume ? (Hyenas ! Found in the F2P area of Ataraxia's Haven !)
    - maybe even a new permanent gold seal hireling ? F2P Players would LOVE that !

These are my thoughts.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

It's not just that. SSG hasn't listed this special store item anywhere as far as I can tell. The bundle just appeared in the DDO Store with no notice whatsoever.
    It is under Seasonal. It is a good discount for the Supreme alone, but I wonder if the Shared Bank upgrade stacks with the others. I am already at 250.

Go figure. Double Bonus Points just ended three days ago.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 09-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Community Member

Way to celebrate 10 years of FTP by SELLING shared bank slots.(20)

Ive been here for 10 years now(YAY) and have spent some cash.

But selling slots under the auspices of celebrating FTP seems a bit odd. Especially 3995 pts
    (even if it is part of a bundle)

Way to try to make cash by celebrating people who came in for free.
    I am thirsty in the desert with an empty cup.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It just seems like a weird bundle for the theme to me (really only an ok deal if you wanted a +8 tome but were waiting for a sale).

A more appropriate bundle for the theme would have been all the quest packs that were available at ftp launch for a bargain price. (Downside of course being that it would only really appeal to fairly new players that still didn't have many/any of those packs yet.)

Or maybe a bundle of all the premium classes/races from when f2p started. (The heart of blood would make more sense to include then.)

Community Member

I bought the bundle last night. Checked my shared bank before and after and it was 250 slots. However, with the other issue present I'm not so certain if I had 250 slots or 240 slots before the last update. Hopefully we can get some clarification on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relona View Post
    I bought the bundle last night. Checked my shared bank before and after and it was 250 slots. However, with the other issue present I'm not so certain if I had 250 slots or 240 slots before the last update. Hopefully we can get some clarification on this.
    Yes. Cordovan? Devs?

Out of curiousity, I logged in and checked. I have 250 shared bank now, and I did not buy the bundle yet. I will still buy it for the other stuff, but they seem to have messed up something on the shared bank.

Edit: Just bought the bundle. Still have 250 shared bank after log out/in. I am pretty sure I only had 240 a couple days ago. I think they just gave away the 10 slots for free by accident or something.
    Last edited by Isolani; 09-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Out of curiousity, I logged in and checked. I have 250 shared bank now, and I did not buy the bundle yet. I will still buy it for the other stuff, but they seem to have messed up something on the shared bank.

Edit: Just bought the bundle. Still have 250 shared bank after log out/in. I am pretty sure I only had 240 a couple days ago. I think they just gave away the 10 slots for free by accident or something.
    That's what it looks like. I am almost certain I had 240 shared bank slots before this most recent patch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast