Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Happy 10 years anniversary

10 years you say?

*Quickly checks own join date*

10 years it is! Completely forgot I started playing right after the game went f2P. I still remember I had no idea how to build a character and played I think some sort of a wizard/bard/fighter multiclass. Stopped playing for quite a while because the build was terrible and I was generally bad at the game. Good times.

Happy 10 years everyone :-)
    Orien - Gorrue - Current Life: Inquisitive Rogue/Arti

My only gripe is that the Path of Illumination is only going to be free temporarily- I'd like to see it added to F2P permanently to give free players some decent content at higher levels. Oh well, looking a gift horse in the mouth. The bundle is a great deal, even though I'll probably use the tome on an alt I'll never play...
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

They just had the +8 Supreme Tome on sale for 3734 points two months ago. Leave it to SSG to make me regret a major purchase within 60 days of making it. It would be more funny if this weren't such a common occurrence. Their marketing strategies for sales are baffling.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L10 TWF dagger assassin, doesn't know what he's doing yet

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    They just had the +8 Supreme Tome on sale for 3734 points two months ago. Leave it to SSG to make me regret a major purchase within 60 days of making it. It would be more funny if this weren't such a common occurrence. Their marketing strategies for sales are baffling.
    Ya, they suckered me with that one too. To be honest though I suspected something similar would occur. It seems they have someone watching my account and then put things on a better sale right after I buy something so in the future everyone should just check with me to find out what I just bought because its guaranteed to go on sale right after.

Community Member

I've logged in and out of my account multiple times and still have no access to Shared Bank. I tried in-game support but there was no sub-category for the store and it was forcing me to pick one. Help please?

So. I layed down on a bed of wild rose leafs by the river under the shining silver light of a full moon.
    The clock stroke one while she appeared.
    Trembling with anticipation I loaned for her tender kiss.
    While she stroked my hair I could feel her soft velvet red lips running up from my shoulder towards my neck.
    As it happened, she portrayed my innocence with a sudden jab.
    A blind moment of ecstasy payed off with a bill so harsh to moan for the warmth of day.

(I bought that bundle. )

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post

Default +8 Supreme Tome?

Can somebody walk me through what the +8 supreme tome does?

Gives +8 to all ability stats?

Does this persist through resurrections?

Do I need to have used a +7 supreme tome on the same character?

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordCalc View Post

Gives +8 to all ability stats? Yes

Does this persist through resurrections? Yes

Do I need to have used a +7 supreme tome on the same character? No
    Short answers in green above. Probably more than you wanted to know below:

It will give up to +8 to all your stats, depending on what level you are.

+2 stat at level 1+
    +3 stat at level 3+
    +4 stat at level 7+
    +5 stat at level 11+
    +6 stat at level 15+
    +7 stat at level 19+
    +8 stat at level 22+

You can verify either by hovering over the right stat on your character sheet (shows as an inherent bonus), or by checking your Feats (they will show under "Special Feats" as "Inherent <STAT>" taken X number of times (where X is the applicable value based on your level).

The bonus scales as you level, so you can consume before level 22 without losing much (the feats are auto-granted at the appropriate level), but note that boosting your INT will NOT retroactively grant you any skill points for levels you have already taken at the time of consumption (but it will apply to future levels). You should be able to LR if those handful of skill points are super important to you, but waiting until you TR is probably more cost effective (unless you never plan to TR again).

The tome persists through TR's of all kinds, but the above level caps still apply.

You do NOT need a +7 supreme tome. You only need the appropriate lower-value tome if you are using an upgrade tome (i.e. Upgrade Tome of Supreme Ability (+7 to +8)), which is not what the bundle gives you. If you ever see a "+X to +Y" in the tome name, that means you need to have a +X applied to take advantage.
    Last edited by Sushiboat; 09-20-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Community Member

Gives +8 to all ability stats?

Does this persist through resurrections?

Do I need to have used a +7 supreme tome on the same character?
    Sushiboat just answered all these questions so I will simply add that, at this time, this tome is the only thing you need. It is basically the very best of all 6 stat tomes rolled into 1 package and until they get around to adding +9 tomes there will be nothing for you to upgrade when it comes to stats because you will have the very best bonus to all 6 stats.

@sushiboat and @erethizon - Thanks!

+2 at level 1 and +8 at 22? Plus the points to allot? And shared storage? Whoa! I have just enough.

I've unlocked plenty of quests and races, so not sure what else to spend the DDO points on.
    Last edited by OxfordCalc; 09-21-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Community Member

I've unlocked plenty of quests and races, so not sure what else to spend the DDO points on.

It's a huge bump if you don't have tomes on your character yet, so if you have the points sitting around go for it.. As much as this is an excellent price on a +8 I already have +7s on my relevant toons, so I can't quite justify the cost for a 1 point bump.

Stats from tomes also count towards you base stat for feats and skills. So unlike just wearing a stat item you will get more skill points as you level and find it much easier to qualify for certain feats.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    It's a huge bump if you don't have tomes on your character yet, so if you have the points sitting around go for it.. As much as this is an excellent price on a +8 I already have +7s on my relevant toons, so I can't quite justify the cost for a 1 point bump.

Stats from tomes also count towards you base stat for feats and skills. So unlike just wearing a stat item you will get more skill points as you level and find it much easier to qualify for certain feats.
    If alts were viable I would totally pick this up for an alt. Since alts are not even remotely viable at this time for me, I’m going to let this package go past me without grabbing it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Out of curiousity, I logged in and checked. I have 250 shared bank now, and I did not buy the bundle yet. I will still buy it for the other stuff, but they seem to have messed up something on the shared bank.

Edit: Just bought the bundle. Still have 250 shared bank after log out/in. I am pretty sure I only had 240 a couple days ago. I think they just gave away the 10 slots for free by accident or something.
    There was an error where VIPs were awarded the 10 free bank slots without purchasing the bundle. They "fixed" this by extending the base rate of slots from 20 to 30 for everyone who has a shared bank. If you bought the bundle you should in fact have 20 more slots than you had, the 10 "free to everyone" slots, plus the 10 with the bundle.

my take

yawn
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123