Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member StoddardSolomon's Avatar

Default Total absurd ! Guards are still broken and the killer ship's ! !

It's been countless YEARS and the guards are STILL broken despite all my bug reports and posts ! I promised I wouldn't let this go and I shall not ! I and other's have worked so hard on putting guard buffs on Slaver iten's for example and to this day they don't even do a 1d6 ! ! And everything else from random gen to cannith crafted still do 1d6 at most ! !

This is seriously outrageous ! You guy's ask for 140 dollars for an expansion, which is perhaps the highest digital download expansion price out there, and don't fix something this reported and this old ? It's been freaking YEARS and the dev's have confirmed that they are AWARE of this issue and yet did not fix it !

It's for such things that I held back and didn't get the 140 dollars fan expansion, I remembered this bug, and how irritating it is that it persists unfixed for years, and I just thought "they know and dont fix, and now come with a 140 bucks price tag ? Nah I just get the standard"

Seriously it can't be that freaking hard to fix it ! Ain't even so much about the guard's itself it's about having a bug in the game that still happen's ! Just like the damn ship buffs killing you after a death taxi !

FIX GUARDS !

I WILL KEEP CALLING FOR IT NOW AND FOREVER !

FIX GUARDS ! !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by StoddardSolomon View Post
    It's been countless YEARS and the guards are STILL broken despite all my bug reports and posts ! I promised I wouldn't let this go and I shall not ! I and other's have worked so hard on putting guard buffs on Slaver iten's for example and to this day they don't even do a 1d6 ! ! And everything else from random gen to cannith crafted still do 1d6 at most ! !

This is seriously outrageous ! You guy's ask for 140 dollars for an expansion, which is perhaps the highest digital download expansion price out there, and don't fix something this reported and this old ? It's been freaking YEARS and the dev's have confirmed that they are AWARE of this issue and yet did not fix it !

It's for such things that I held back and didn't get the 140 dollars fan expansion, I remembered this bug, and how irritating it is that it persists unfixed for years, and I just thought "they know and dont fix, and now come with a 140 bucks price tag ? Nah I just get the standard"

Seriously it can't be that freaking hard to fix it ! Ain't even so much about the guard's itself it's about having a bug in the game that still happen's ! Just like the damn ship buffs killing you after a death taxi !

FIX GUARDS !

FIX GUARDS ! !
    Master Minds of sharn expansion costs $39.99, which btw is 10 bucks cheaper than the last wow expansion which was $49.99.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Master Minds of sharn expansion costs $39.99, which btw is 10 bucks cheaper than the last wow expansion which was $49.99.
    The last WoW expansion came with servers that had players on them. Unlike DDO.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Then this sounds like a bad financial decision by some people to spend the max $140 on an expansion when they are already upset for YEARS of a broken functionality in the game.

I have very little sympathy for people who spend so much money with doing research, but especially for people who spend that much money for something they already know doesn't work.

Community Member

Why would you expect them to spend the time to fix a bug and upgrade a pointless mechanic to an equally pointless mechanic? Guards will never do enough damage to move the needle, even if you upped them to their listed die range.

They're much more likely to solve the problem by simply removing guard affixes from the game entirely, so be careful what you wish for.

FIX GUARDS !

FIX GUARDS ! !
    Sir, this is a Wendy's drive-through.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainpurge View Post
    sir, this is a wendy's drive-through.
    no, this patrick!!!
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    Then this sounds like a bad financial decision by some people to spend the max $140 on an expansion when they are already upset for YEARS of a broken functionality in the game.
    Pretty sure the op point was that he did not spend the money for the over priced top tier pack.

While that particular bug is not one that I've cared too much about I can totally understand the sentiment.

Asking for top tier money but providing a sub standard product is something that will eventually destroy a company.

Doom.
    Last edited by Maldorin; 09-11-2019 at 06:20 PM.

I stopped playing my guard toon because they put out numerous fake guard items that I farmed for and wholly wasted my time on. I think my hiatus was a year or so, so that's less $ in DDOs wallet.

Not a huge fan of the rhetoric from responders. It's just not conducive for a healthy community.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Players cost extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa View Post
    Players cost extra.
    Good point. they should pay me to play.

I'm contributing to populated servers and thereby providing value.

Where is my compensation?

Community Member

"if it's broken just delete it"

Imagine if every mmo followed that logic, any bug that appears, bah just delete the whole thing
    I'm going to choose not to report your post, but just address your bad logic again...

Its not "if its broken, just delete it". Its "if its pointless anyway, why fix it?"

You need to describe why they should bother fixing it instead of just deleting it. What purpose would it serve in the game? How would it add to the game to have a mechanic that does functionally nothing, even if its WAI?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    Careful! If the devs apply "if it's broken just delete it" logic to bugs... then I can see Lynnabel doing a select-all on the DDO code and her finger lingering over the delete key!
    There are rare, wonderful moments where we get to do exactly that, and I treasure them.

Completely unrelated - how are you folks liking Fatesinger now?
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 09-11-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    There are rare, wonderful moments where we get to do exactly that, and I treasure them.

StoddardSolomon:

My summoning spell worked.

You're welcome.

I do take tips.

Community Member

Default Fatesinger feedback

Fatesinger is quite nice, thanks for the effort put into it. Honestly it's good enough that I wish some of that 10MP/level with spell power on top had been shared around more (Divine Crusader).

Although speaking of fatesinger, I did find an issue that I wasn't sure if I should bug report or not since what was WAI is unclear to me. For the 1st/2nd/etc. chords up the left hand side, none of the on-bard-buff components work with the bard song granted by fatesinger when you don't have bard levels, except for the t1 ability.. The passive always-on bit works fine, but activating the granted basic song makes no difference to skills/HAmp/etc. even if you're running in Fatesinger with all those enhancements filled out.

Community Member

OMG, I love it. I've twisted in Primal Hymn & Reign in my Shiradi Arcane Archer build. AA feels so much better with it; not 100% but way better. I suspect Primal Hymn is probably really nice for throwing builds now too.

I gave up sending in bug reports about the guards over a year ago. Despite years of effort and numerous messages about the problem by devs on the forum, the devs can't manage either fix this or add it to the game's known issues. This makes me sad.

*snip*
    King of Orien
    *snip*
    Stoddard! It is such a rare opportunity to read a thread started by you!
    I must say that you have the most recognizable lfm comments and it is a pleasure to see you out there and shaking it - life is too short to be meek and hide all the time.

Keep it loose and fresh.
    It is at such a special moment like this that I proclaim in my loudest voice:
    'Hi Welcome'
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Pointless mechanic to you as you're obviously a newbie or simply lack imagination

And even if it was pointless, if it's BROKEN you got fix it !
    Oh man that made me laugh it says his join date in his forum avatar, 2006, if he's a newbie man I think we all are.
    Tri-Heroic, Tri-Iconic, Tri- Epic Completionist
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

Cool Martial Hymns are cool

I was able to solo tank Killing Time (while rest of raid went below) on Elite with the Martial Hymn active + Energy Sheath Electricity + Stolen Signet of ir'Wynarn on my new PDK tank build.

Another aside, when can we see the KoTC changes?
    Grundable Slamhammer (R10 Tank) - Argonnessen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast