Default First time reaper xp if you already did elite, hard or normal?

I heard you can do both, they are totally separate. Anyone know? Will be confirming within a day or so when I get a chance to play and will report back results if needed still. Thanks in advance if you know.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

This doesn't completely answer the question, but helps understand it.
    Surprisingly (/s) these release notes are not linked on the forum with all the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Update 42.4 Release Notes
    Bravery Bonus will be based on the base XP for the dungeon as if you were on elite, even if you are playing on hard. Right now the Bravery streak is, at full bonus, 70% of the base XP on Elite. We are increasing that bonus to 100% so players will get more XP the first time they play each quest.

Playing a quest on Elite/Reaper will give the full 100% bonus. Playing the quest on Hard gives 50% of the Bravery bonus XP, but you can reclaim the rest of the Bravery XP if you play it later on Elite or Reaper. So the most efficient way to get the Bravery XP bonus is to play on Elite or Reaper, but if you help a friend on Hard you can still get the rest of the difference on Elite/Reaper later.

The Daily bonus will be increased from 20% to 25% for Heroic dungeons, and 30% for Epic dungeons.
    In order to pay for the above increases, some of the Experience in the first time bonus per difficulty is being reduced. This will keep the total bonus experience at the same total percentage that it was before this patch.

Normal difficulty will decrease from 25% to 20%.
    Hard difficulty will decrease from 40% to 20%.
    Elite difficulty will decrease from 80% to 45%.
    Reaper difficulty will decrease from 120% to 95%.
    On Normal, Hard, and Elite, the first time through a Heroic dungeon, including the daily bonus, will be the same as it is on live. The first time through Epic dungeons will give slightly more XP.
    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-424-release-notes

My takeaway is that if you run Elite/Reaper first time you eat up the full bravery bonus (100%). (Elite and Reaper share the same bonus)
    If you run Hard first time you get 50% of the bravery bonus. If you run Elite/Reaper later you get the additional 50% bravery bonus you missed on the first run.
    If you run normal (or casual) first time you get no bravery bonus, but you can still get the bravery bonus if you later run hard (50%) or Elite/Reaper (100%).
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm
    Makes me think that other post was your sock account.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Incorrect. Post reported.

Community Member

First time on difficulty bonus is a separate bonus from Bravery bonus.
    You get a separate first-time-on-difficulty bonus for each difficulty you do.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_...ain_objectives

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    <snip>
    If you run normal (or casual) first time you get no bravery bonus, but you can still get the bravery bonus if you later run hard (50%) or Elite/Reaper (100%).
    This is no exacly correct.
    If you run quest on Normal, and then on Hard you WILL NOT get 50% BB. And then if you play Elite / Reaper, you will get 50% BB

I didn't test playing first on Normal and then Elite.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Based on my read of the following quote I would assume that I would not get any bonus to regular xp if I do a reaper diff after I already did the quest on elite. And if I only did hard previously, I would expect to get 50% of the regular type of xp bonus if I later do reaper (or elite). But what someone told me is you can get the "Reaper XP" first time bonus whenever you do reaper diff the first time, even if you did non-reaper diff previously. So even if I already played EE to level, I could cap and then do high skulls reaper and still get the double reaper xp. I will try to test today.

"Playing a quest on Elite/Reaper will give the full 100% bonus. Playing the quest on Hard gives 50% of the Bravery bonus XP, but you can reclaim the rest of the Bravery XP if you play it later on Elite or Reaper. So the most efficient way to get the Bravery XP bonus is to play on Elite or Reaper, but if you help a friend on Hard you can still get the rest of the difference on Elite/Reaper later."

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Running elite and then reaper will not give you any bravery bonus on your second run (the reaper run in this case). I’ve done this and gotten only the first-time-reaper bonus.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

The distinction is the Reaper XP component. I'm not referring to bonus for epic XP. I just tested it finally. I did A Sharn Welcome EE already but I just killed 10 enemies in A Sharn Welcome on R1, I'm level 28 and I'm getting 905 Reaper XP on the experience panel. Doesn't that seem like I'm getting first time Reaper XP bonus?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Running elite and then reaper will not give you any bravery bonus on your second run (the reaper run in this case). I’ve done this and gotten only the first-time-reaper bonus.
    Just replied but now I re-read what you wrote and it sounds like we see it same way. You do EE and you get that BB for your epic xp once. You do Reaper later no extra BB for the epic XP. But you get the first-time-reaper. Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    This is no exacly correct.
    If you run quest on Normal, and then on Hard you WILL NOT get 50% BB. And then if you play Elite / Reaper, you will get 50% BB

No, I've done a few testing runs , it seems bravery bonus is now completely independent of which difficulty is run first.

If you run normal first, and then hard WITHIN bravery level you get +50% and then another +50% for elite.
    If you run normal first, and then hard OVER bravery level you get +25% and then another +50% for elite

This was heroics, not sure about epic.