Default Epic-level Pet gear?

Quick and easy question, but not one I've ever had a character to test with - do Pets advance to Epic Levels (21+) as far as gear or are they stuck with a max of ML 20?

For example, an Artificer's dog levels with them - Level 18 Arti = Level 18 dog, Level 20 Arti = Level 20 dog - that's clear and easy. My question is - if an Arti gains a couple Epic levels, can the dog wear a ML 22 collar & docent? If the Arti took a 2 level dip of another class, do Epic levels advance the 18 arti/dog levels equally, or is that dog then stuck at ML 18 gear for the duration?

Reason I ask (predictably), I found a great droploot docent for the dog* - but it's ML 21. So... keep, or dump???

(* Fort + HP - and I don't have WF/BF race)

Community Member

Yes, epic level pets can equip epic gear.

Good to know!

Do you know whether it ist based on the Character's Epic level, or on relevant Heroic Class levels + Epic levels?

(For example, for a level 20 Rogue 18/Arti 2, their dog can only wear ML 2. That character then becomes Epic 30, +10 Epic levels - can their dog wear ML 30, or just ML 12?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Good to know!

Do you know whether it ist based on the Character's Epic level, or on relevant Heroic Class levels + Epic levels?

(For example, for a level 20 Rogue 18/Arti 2, their dog can only wear ML 2. That character then becomes Epic 30, +10 Epic levels - can their dog wear ML 30, or just ML 12?)
    Class + Epic, so 12.