Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: update 43 loot

Community Member

Any chance Lynnabel can post the images of the missing items? Still need the following:

Legendary Concentrated Chaos (Orb)
    Legendary Sunken Slippers (Boots)
    Legendary Thimblespins? (Gloves)

Just a side question, on previous releases, a set of screen shots of all the new items were provided by the Standing Stone at release.....why wasn't there one for U43?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Just a side question, on previous releases, a set of screen shots of all the new items were provided by the Standing Stone at release.....why wasn't there one for U43?
    I can't remember the last time we've done that, if we've ever done that at all. Generally speaking, that information is compiled by players. We write up WIP notes for Lamannia, but things often change between preview and release.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I can't remember the last time we've done that, if we've ever done that at all. Generally speaking, that information is compiled by players. We write up WIP notes for Lamannia, but things often change between preview and release.
    Maybe I am just confusing the Lamannia notes with release, its quite likely knowing my addled brain.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Cordovan did it for three or four consecutive updates a few years ago. It was nice but certainly not necessary.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

That may help refresh memory
    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-36-named-item-information
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 31th - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 4th life Barbarian
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    They also did that for at least one version of Night Revels.

I've applied some brute force to the treasure lists of this pack. They should straighten out in an upcoming update. Thanks!
    Thanks for looking into this Lynnabel.

I'm glad you fixed the problem... but I'm also kinda miffed because I spent astral shards on rerolls... and all the wasted time running quests for non-existent gear.

I hope when you say "an upcoming update"... you mean "NEXT update or patch".
    Dorian

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I hope when you say "an upcoming update"... you mean "NEXT update or patch".
    I hope so as well, but right now our #1 priority is instability and performance. Adding additional things to updates - no matter how small they may seem - increases the odds of a build failing verification. We'll try to get this out as soon as we feel we can safely :)

Also, wow, I spelled dissension wrong in the Chaos Orb, awkward. Hoist by my own petard, and all that.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 09-17-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Could Be Worse

*snip*
    Also, wow, I spelled dissension wrong in the Chaos Orb, awkward. Hoist by my own petard, and all that.
    Better than being hoisted by your own Picard...

Last edited by ComicRelief; 09-18-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

Jerry has done this in the past, but it would seem that since you signed up permanently to put item creation (and fixing) into total mad (excellent) overdrive, he hasn't quite kept up ...

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    Jerry has done this in the past, but it would seem that since you signed up permanently to put item creation (and fixing) into total mad (excellent) overdrive, he hasn't quite kept up ...
    True, the number of new things to make pages for outpaced the available time to do it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Dissention still has its own Wikipedia entry...… so no real loss there*.

*depending on the context you meant it.....
    Candyass
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Dissention)
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

You also spelled Judgment wrong in the maul named "Absolute Judgement."

There's only one "e" in Judgment.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

Both spellings are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post

Judgment and Judgement are both correct. It's sort of an American vs British thing (like Grey and Gray).
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    Both spellings are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Judgment and Judgement are both correct. It's sort of an American vs British thing (like Grey and Gray).
    As someone who has graduated law school, I can tell you NO court in America would accept the "judgement" spelling. Any filing or brief with that word misspelled will likely be rejected until the spelling is corrected to "judgment." The courts here are very sensitive to that spelling for some reason.

Go to Black's Law Dictionary, or most other American English dictionaries (including the OED of American English) for that matter, and you'll see the word is spelled "judgment." - https://thelawdictionary.org/judgment/

(But see Merriam-Webster's Dictionary where "judgment" is the preferred spelling but "judgement" is listed as a variant.)

There's one place in Black's Law Dictionary where "judgement" is used but it is corrected in the body of the article to "judgment." - https://thelawdictionary.org/article...ult-judgement/

Now, in Britain, "judgement" is indeed an acceptable spelling. However, SSG is not located in Britain (nor are they incorporated or headquartered there) and Lynnabel is not located in Britain nor is she a British subject. "Judgment" is the proper American spelling.

If SSG (DDO) and Lynnabel were located somewhere in Great Britain and they spelled the word as "judgement" in the game and on the DDO Forums, I would not complain. I would also not complain about the spellings of "armour," "colour," or "aluminium," either. But guess what? They're in the USA. They should use proper American spellings (unless, of course, there's a good D&D Lore or role-playing reason not to).
    Last edited by Arkat; 09-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Hi Welcome

Systems Designer

I spell Gray with an E.

I spell Gray with an E.
    So, did the loot fixes for the new chain make it into the patch or are we going to have to wait another month?
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

I spell Gray with an E.
    British spelling.

Hi Welcome

So, did the loot fixes for the new chain make it into the patch or are we going to have to wait another month?
    I'll bet it won't be for at least a week or two, maybe three.

Sounds like stability of DDO's code is a real, concerning issue.

Hi Welcome

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast