Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

OK, thanks all. Gonna wait to run these until after the patch.

This may sound a little too 'get off my lawn' ish, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah, I hate these quests because I actually had to look for something. Or figure out what to do next without being told by some NPC to go here and press button X.

New quests should be unknown, they should require some searching, some trial and error and some luck.

If everything was as straight forward as A Sharn Welcome, that would be the real crime here. Not that we actually have to spend some time to figure the quest out before we all start zerging through it.

Could there be some improvement in objective wording, sure. But level of vitriol here over having to do some actual adventuring is laughable.

They had good xp and the gear is good too.

Don't worry all you naysayers, once you run the quests a handful of times and get your zerg down, you will be back complaining about how there is nothing to do in the game.

Relax and take a breath. This is what adventuring is all about.
    Last edited by Baahb3; 09-11-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    pull the mob away from traps. He doesnt reset until a few steps past the door.
    Incorrect. He rubber-banded 3x in my fight with him. Only the first time was he outside the door at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Incorrect. He rubber-banded 3x in my fight with him. Only the first time was he outside the door at all.
    I've only taken my main in at this moment, but it might be one of those Evasion battle moments, or a trapper is needed (haven't checked this option as I haven't ran with my two main trappers into that chain yet). I haven't noticed another way of doing that fight at this time.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Been doing some testing here and he rubber bands for me as soon as he hits the door.

But the traps are pattern based. Watch where they start, they then move towards the door, then restart back at the far end. Should be able to position him through the traps and then jump over a line of them or run through if you have the defenses and start the pattern over.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    I've only taken my main in at this moment, but it might be one of those Evasion battle moments, or a trapper is needed (haven't checked this option as I haven't ran with my two main trappers into that chain yet). I haven't noticed another way of doing that fight at this time.

J1NG
    Ranged, stay at door limit and face palm with Point Blank Shot or Spells
    At level I did it with my Warlock
    No Signature...

They will be good quests in the end. I predict some patches. Many very nice graphic moments for me, at varying points. I am in general impressed with the way devs have filled out the color pallette since purple era, much more D&D too.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Spoilers for Finding Doris quest:

The three clues you need to find are fairly easy for two of them. But there is one that is hidden in the store that gets firebombed (arson). It's inside there on the ground. That'll progress you onwards with the quest.

Please note that this store has windows that "self repair" if you move away. Meaning you are obstructed and can no longer go in to find the needed clue. So whatever you do; DO NOT LEAVE THAT ARSON HIT BUILDING UNTIL YOU LOCATE AND CLICK ON THAT CLUE OBJECT.

J1NG
    I hunted forever. hated it. Finding Dorris quest not a fun type for me
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

I did Finding Dorris HE with an epic character just to explore slowly. Really quite long but that is part of learning a new quest. We will zerg it in five minutes down the road...

I liked the depth of writing, exploration, dialogues and optionals. Also, things shift and change, like going to the fighter guy after another event occurs. Neat stuff. Actually used a couple of Bigby hands from daily rolls since I figured I would not find some locations again so easily, especially with the static first docks map.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I did Finding Dorris HE with an epic character just to explore slowly. Really quite long but that is part of learning a new quest. We will zerg it in five minutes down the road...
    5 minutes is likely far too optimistic for Finding Doris quest. 15 maybe, the running time on a fast character alone will take that amount of time from the various "must complete before you can complete quest" parts that are scattered around the place will make sure of this. And that's assuming you can take care of everything quickly along the way. So with a group of self sufficient and capable people heading to the various sections waiting for each part to progress, 15 or less might be doable. But unlikely anything a lot less.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    This may sound a little too 'get off my lawn' ish, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah, I hate these quests because I actually had to look for something. Or figure out what to do next without being told by some NPC to go here and press button X.

New quests should be unknown, they should require some searching, some trial and error and some luck.

If everything was as straight forward as A Sharn Welcome, that would be the real crime here. Not that we actually have to spend some time to figure the quest out before we all start zerging through it.

Could there be some improvement in objective wording, sure. But level of vitriol here over having to do some actual adventuring is laughable.

They had good xp and the gear is good too.

Don't worry all you naysayers, once you run the quests a handful of times and get your zerg down, you will be back complaining about how there is nothing to do in the game.

Relax and take a breath. This is what adventuring is all about.
    You know... the OP is titled 1st impressions. Not future expectations.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

5 minutes is likely far too optimistic for Finding Doris quest. 15 maybe, the running time on a fast character alone will take that amount of time from the various "must complete before you can complete quest" parts that are scattered around the place will make sure of this. And that's assuming you can take care of everything quickly along the way. So with a group of self sufficient and capable people heading to the various sections waiting for each part to progress, 15 or less might be doable. But unlikely anything a lot less.

J1NG
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

Default RE: New quests

Ran all new quests on R10 the last couple of days. Here are some impressions:

Finding Dorris and Soul Survivor Reaper xp does not scale properly for R10s, especially considering amount of map space that needs to be covered and the number of enemies that need to be killed. In fact, the Rxp is kinda sad in these two quests, even in Underlane Assignment.

Fights in the confined spaces (stairways in Finding Dorris, hallways and intersections in Soul Survivor) offer virtually no room to run out of Vengeance reaper circles.

Artificers in Soul Survivor charge their rune arms to 3k+ force dmg (without force absorption) within 2-3 seconds on R10, and volley at party basically by the time the doors have fully opened. That's....overkill.

Gnolls in The Underlane Assignment do not always drop the required sleds to make reaching 1 of the crests possible (1 player in EA jumped around for 20 minutes and eventually found a ledge that could be tiptoed on, and then winged over to the turret tower to grab it).

Crests in The Underlane Assignment may fall through the floor upon player death, and become irretrievable.

In Soul Survivor, Yve (WF Titan Red name in the endfight) does not react properly to successful intim, and aggroes on party members randomly. Range of melee attacks far exceeds visuals, and force shots penetrate any materials barriers that exist in the endfight room (i.e. the tank-platform in the middle.

Yum, Synergia, Argonnessen

Community Member

Seriously, where are these crests (Underlane)?!?

Well that only took a little over an hour. Shouldn't have to continuously search the whole map, up and down, for crests. Would be nice if it was sectioned off some how.
    Last edited by Frezar14; 09-12-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Bit of a bug with the Club Mascot fight. If you don't run into the Griffon's room immediately after opening the door, it shuts as soon as he aggroes on you, and is unable to be interacted with. I then walked down the hall, and I guess he eventually lost aggro on me or something, but all his "Pet Food" rats came running down the hall after me. I went back to check his room, and the door was open, but as soon as I approached the room, he spotted me and it shut in my face again
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Just finished the last one. Was able to run all of them on epic elite or r1 solo without too much trouble - two deaths in the last one from some lag spiked 'splosion damage on a non-evasion toon.

Semi non-spoiler thoughts:
    • Really liked the lore and story going on. Though some of the tech used in the last quest really seems to be pushing the engine. Cut graphics down to "High" from "Ultra-High" and it was a lot more playable.
    • REQUEST: Not many collectible nodes... and a lot of places I thought there should be a collectible node because it was so far away from anything else.
    • BUG: A number of targetable but not breakable breakables throughout the chains
    • BUG: Some secret door "detections" on quest-auto-opened doors in Finding Dorris
    • BUG: When doing the quest chain in order just before starting the last quest, the arc quest giver has a "Q5 END PC" text option.
    • QUESTION: Noticed I could run any quest in the chain in any order. Is that WAI?
    • BUG?: At the end of Soul Survivor - was able to spin the "two-blue" valve even though only one light was blue (and the other yellow). Or maybe I just didn't understand the settings to turn those valves and got lucky.
    • CRESTS: Kind of annoying especially finding the up-high ones. Wouldn't mind it so much if the up high ones were only in the last room.
    DDO 2019: ALL SHARN TOWERS - ALL THE TIME.

I liked the depth of writing, exploration, dialogues and optionals. Also, things shift and change, like going to the fighter guy after another event occurs. Neat stuff. Actually used a couple of Bigby hands from daily rolls since I figured I would not find some locations again so easily, especially with the static first docks map.
    I wish the writing were larger. i can barely see it so i often skip it.

Thank you for posting feedback!

I just did some bug fixes in Finding Dorris regarding secret doors, busted store windows and traps. Also I put a note on the out-of-order elevator. It should be out on live in the next non-hotfix patch. No definite ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    Seriously, where are these crests (Underlane)?!?

Well that only took a little over an hour. Shouldn't have to continuously search the whole map, up and down, for crests. Would be nice if it was sectioned off some how.
    I failed to find the hammer crest
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Though some of the tech used in the last quest really seems to be pushing the engine.
    Had a big problem with hitching lag whatever fighting the end boss of last quest. Seemed like little micro freezes on my end when it did some animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Bit of a bug with the Club Mascot fight. If you don't run into the Griffon's room immediately after opening the door, it shuts as soon as he aggroes on you, and is unable to be interacted with. I then walked down the hall, and I guess he eventually lost aggro on me or something, but all his "Pet Food" rats came running down the hall after me. I went back to check his room, and the door was open, but as soon as I approached the room, he spotted me and it shut in my face again
    Had this happen as well, only never went back, never had rats come after. Very rude having the door shut in our faces.

I failed to find the hammer crest
    I was suprised to find a crest on the ground behind a door, in a small room. I thought they would all be skysledy.
    Last edited by Mindos; 09-12-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast