Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What:
    Monk elemental attacks
    Why:
    no one uses them unless doing a rare buff and people do not wish to disrupt more useful finishers like Healing Ki
    Suggestions:
    My suggestion would be to scale them much better.

What:
    Active abilities that scale with MP
    Why:
    They aren't scaling well to end game. I am talking about all the active damage clickies ranging from henshin attacks, monk attacks, and some destiny attacks.
    Suggestions:
    Scale them far more; the spell power scaling works well because spell power gets to >1000 in end game, whereas melee power is between 200 and 400 at best.

What: Mechanic Tree

Why: Inquisitive/Endless Fusilade has now made this a splash only tree with T5 enhancments given to Inquisitive.

Suggestion: There are many ... but here are a few ...

1. Fix Thunderstone to keep as an AOE blindness. Change the DC to scale off of your DD skill. Fix the tooltip.
    2. Reduce the cooldown of Tangleroot from 30 secs (subsequently 24 secs if you go high enough in cores) to 15 or 20 secs. Change the DC to scale off of your DD skill.
    3. Add a T2 and T4 alchemical trap. Move timebomb to T4 and have a new mass hold type alchemical trap in T5
    4. Change fletching to also add Metalline to your bolts (thus bypassing Adamantine, Cold Iron, Silver, etc)
    5. Update Hip Flask (i have previously given one kind of suggestion in the Rogue forums)
    6. Fix Lacerating shots to scale with 200% Ranged power.
    7. Move Light repeating xbow proficiency to Core 2 (level 3), Move heavy repeating xbow proficiency to Core 3 (level 6).
    8. Add Precision feat to Core 4 (Level 12) or make it an improved version (like +50% fort reduction, +10% to hit)
    9. Add deflect arrows at Core 5 (Level 18) while wielding a great xbow "You are adept at maneuvering your Great xbow to deflect incoming projectiles"
    10. One other suggestion for Timebomb if you keep it in Tier 5 is to be able to make it a shot. Thus Timebomb "you attach a small bomb to your bolt" It does the same Sonic and Fire damage (or update this too!) as well as Knockdown. Cooldown 12 secs (which is reduced if you go high enough into mechanic cores as is). This would be cool, giving you a CC and DPS option that could potentially fix the current problems that Timebomb has with terrain making it a very finicky enhancement that sometimes doesn't work at all.

Basically since Inquisitive and BE etc are more rate of fire/proc ... and any non-fusilade Mechanic build is suboptimal ... make Mechanic and Great xbows what they should be ... cannons that are slower to fire but can do great damage/AOE effects.
    Last edited by Tlorrd; 09-13-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

What:
    Melee artificers
    Why:
    I very arely see any, they are weaker than other arcane warriors (i.e. EK)
    Suggestions:
    The main issue I see is that rune arm damage cannot compare in DPS with EK imbues. The BE tree seems also weaker in DPS than EK, aside from imbues.

What : Melee weaponized ninjaspy

Why : Have you seen any 'melee weapon' based ninjaspy?

Suggestion :
    1. Boost Ninjutsu enhancement line, especially, for poison exploit, remove 'stack and finish' mechanics, most mobs aren't durable enough. It is even worse, because it is 'single target' and stacks will be removed without any effect when someone else kill the targeted mob.

2. Sting of the ninja : inflict Ninja poision should be stack on every 'melee' hit, it was nerfed on crit only because of shuriken throwers.

3. Touch of Death : 500 damage on failed save is too low now, it was good on U8, but, other damage sources are like 170k on AOE hit.
    500 damage is almost nothing now, and it even has a save.

4. Crippling Strike : very weak, and useless on epic. Need buff on ninjaspy one and rogue one, too. Some kind of PRR/MRR debuff would be nice here.

5. Diversion has too long cooldown(3 min). 1 min or 30 sec would be good for it. 5 SA dice part won't work now.(Bug)

6. Some kind of Measure the Foe like ability would be nice. Gain Quivering palm DC, melee power, even more ki for every 4/2/1 seconds you remain stealthed.
    Last edited by draven1; 09-14-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    What:
    Monk elemental attacks
    Why:
    no one uses them unless doing a rare buff and people do not wish to disrupt more useful finishers like Healing Ki
    Suggestions:
    My suggestion would be to scale them much better.

What:
    Active abilities that scale with MP
    Why:
    They aren't scaling well to end game. I am talking about all the active damage clickies ranging from henshin attacks, monk attacks, and some destiny attacks.
    Suggestions:
    Scale them far more; the spell power scaling works well because spell power gets to >1000 in end game, whereas melee power is between 200 and 400 at best.
    Check out this thread for a similar idea: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6248775
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (eventually 17)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    What : Melee weaponized ninjaspy

Why : Have you seen any 'melee weapon' based ninjaspy?

Suggestion :
    1. Boost Ninjutsu enhancement line, especially, for poison exploit, remove 'stack and finish' mechanics, most mobs aren't durable enough. It is even worse, because it is 'single target' and stacks will be removed without any effect when someone else kill the targeted mob.

2. Sting of the ninja : inflict Ninja poision should be stack on every 'melee' hit, it was nerfed on crit only because of shuriken throwers.

3. Touch of Death : 500 damage on failed save is too low now, it was good on U8, but, other damage sources are like 170k on AOE hit.
    500 damage is almost nothing now, and it even has a save.

4. Crippling Strike : very weak, and useless on epic. Need buff on ninjaspy one and rogue one, too. Some kind of PRR/MRR debuff would be nice here.

5. Diversion has too long cooldown(3 min). 1 min or 30 sec would be good for it. 5 SA dice part won't work now.(Bug)

6. Some kind of Measure the Foe like ability would be nice. Gain Quivering palm DC, melee power, even more ki for every 4/2/1 seconds you remain stealthed.
    Great ideas—make Crippling Strike a SLOW effect or tendon slice if nothing else
    Weaponized ninjas need mp so mtf would be an excellent addition and not be abused by throwers (or even used)
    I would have Sting also be some kind of debuffer so as stacks increase the mob loses MP/RP/SP or something—this is single target stuff so boss fighter
    I would add increasing poison damage like Pally Kt of Chalice in cores on piercing and slashing weapons not bows, shuris or wraps/staves. (Spears yes though...). This would not be OP because so many mobs are resistant to poison damage and it gets nerfed in reaper settings
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (eventually 17)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

What:
    Melee artificers
    Why:
    I very arely see any, they are weaker than other arcane warriors (i.e. EK)
    Suggestions:
    The main issue I see is that rune arm damage cannot compare in DPS with EK imbues. The BE tree seems also weaker in DPS than EK, aside from imbues.
    I play a melee arty pretty often (In middle of my 5th or 6th life as that build)

I never felt "weak". Is EK that good? I was considering EK WIZ vs Cleric or a Mech ROG nex life.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Arti is a D6 hp hybrid class with guaranteed self-heal, so it's perfectly reasonable for EK imbues to do somewhat more damage. That, or put a self-heal / temp hp in the EK tree. All spell damage imbues currently scale poorly into late game though since they cannot crit.

Regarding Ninja Spy, has anybody even tried a decent build recently? With long swords and knights training it seems like they should do at least 80% of top tier DPS late game, which is pretty good with monk mobility. The whole poison thing seems pretty useless though, and like all monk trees, they are kind of neutered in heroics. Few would also be willing to give up WW, the poor state of the other cleaves is the real sticking point imo. Perhaps Shadow Double should hit two targets instead, like the TA capstone?
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 09-14-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    "So what you want is a boost to random loot and old named loot. Sounds good."

No, I'm admitting that Cannith Craft needs to come down instead, it should be a tier below named gear, like augments: you get a 10% Striding Topaz at 4th lvl, when random gear gives you 15%.
    Cannith should exist to fill in any holes your gear missed. Instead, it's making named gear irrelevant.

"This is not a nerf thread. This is an underpowered thread."

Named loot is underpowered. In relation to Cannith. I'm not asking to nerf named loot.

"Nerfing Cannith crafting is not the answer. Increasing the power of old outdated items (including random loot) is the answer."

No, that only causes Power Creep and will throw 3-5 other things out of balance

"People spend literally years getting their Cannith crafting to the point where they can make all those items. "

?? 2 months here.

When I'm zerging, I'm not even bothering to stop for the chests. There is nothing dropping that is better than my Cannith Crafted Gear.

Even the "pure" random loot (ie. Combustion of Fire Lore, etc) that drops 1%is of lesser than what I could craft.
    And this is why it is working as it should be. If Cannith crafting makes garbage that is worse than vendor trash, then Cannith crafting is worthless. It already has the serious flaw of only being able to boost 3 things at a time (2 if below level 10) and having no set bonuses. We end up having to farm quests for named item sets because Cannith crafting doesn't do enough. Making it even worse isn't a good solution.

What:

F2P

Why:

They have to buy numerous things like EDs to keep up at all, and P2Pers prefer Reaper, which F2P can't really play.

Solution:

Improve/Expand on limited event rewards. Mimic hunt, Mabar, Cove, F2P quests etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Arti is a D6 hp hybrid class with guaranteed self-heal, so it's perfectly reasonable for EK imbues to do somewhat more damage. That, or put a self-heal / temp hp in the EK tree. All spell damage imbues currently scale poorly into late game though since they cannot crit.
    Warforged EK can self-heal just as easily as an Artificer.

If EK>BE/RM Arty, maybe its because one enhancement pass is 2 years old and one is 3 months old?

Either way, I will definitely try EK.

Oh, and I do wish BE got its Core6 moved into its T5 (to be put on par with inquisitor)
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

What
    Balance between races.
    Why
    Some old races (e.g. dwarf) have very pricey enhancements that may not have aged well.
    Solution
    Rework the AP costs, scaling of abilities, etc.

Community Member

Some old races (e.g. dwarf) have very pricey enhancements that may not have aged well.
    Dwarfs?! Look at Drow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Dwarfs?! Look at Drow!

What:
    Substitute Drow Race and Favored Soul as Favor Reward

Why:
    Both should have been made Free To Play. After new stronger races, classes and Universal Tree have been introduced Drow and FvS are old content.

Suggestion:
    Make it free and place the likes of Aasimar or Tiefling or Gnome or Dragonborn as Race Favor Reward and Warlock as Favor Reward.
    No Signature...

What
    Balance between races.
    Why
    Solution
    Rework the AP costs, scaling of abilities, etc.
    No offense, you're derailing your own thread ... Your "what, why, and suggestions" are so generalized now that any dev who is remotely looking at this thread will have no good idea on what you really want. Your above comment reads to me as "please make this better by doing this that and the other as well as etc. Thx."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

In 2014 we initiated the Great Balancing Plan with our Executive Producer Severlin.
    Are you a developer or just a random player like everyone else? I thought all the developers had developer icons in the forums. If you're just a rando player like everyone else, why are you phrasing this like it is official and comes from the developers themselves?
    The Final Victory Tour!!!

Community Member

What:
    Bow Ranger atack speed
    Why:
    If it´s dungeons and dragons online it should have the BAB of pnp. A bow ranger is suposed to do the same damege as an sorcer without AOE. Adding 2% doubleshoot and alacrity would make it viable. Also bow strenght should stack with dex to damage. The spells could be more usefull and have SLA like all the new classes.

What:
    Token farming in eberon epics only.
    Why: Farm to get an item is ok. To get a class is ok. Even a race is ok and favor was a huge deal back in the day. Farm to play more ddo, make one more reincarnation and keep the server´s sansara running makes no sense. I used to love some quests and now I can´t stand then because of the token stuff. The tokens should at least be everywhere as the comendations of valor. Or let´s say 2k favor would grant you any reincarnation. I want to play ddo for fun, not having to repeat until I hate the quest and know where every npc is just to... play more ddo. Or free reincarnation to vips or premium.

What:
    Fórum problem on chrome
    Why: Because it´s unreadble and fórum is the backbone of the game and comunity. Now I am using IE and it´s the first time and it even got autocorrect that makes me wrong in 2 diferent languages. Also the webdesign of the settings is not a beautifull sight.

What:
    Teleport spell should teleport people to all new áreas.
    Why: Because it is a teleport spell. Too hard to add a name when new content is available? it´s an stance game after all.

What:
    Old bugs. Old itens.
    Why: because it´s better to fix what you got than pretend that the bug is part of game design. Paid a lot of Money in menace that would be old by 2019 and there are places like stormhorn that everyone gets slowed to 0 fps because of some floor texture. Couldn´t finish a quest because a gelatinous cube Spawn the chest inside the wall in that nice pac man level- DDO staff helped me really quick but it´s not a new quest.

What:
    Hardcore server with edition with vanilla content.
    Why: The game was harder than reaper. Try to kill velah in normal with a +1 weapon to see how it goes or try to lvl without bonuses and in normal.

What:
    Fix the LFG and maybe add more options like non reaper or even first life. Many players would like to help them and others can just stay away. I need to see wich group I will be running to see if my build is gonna be usefull.

Well, that´s it. Love the game and the people. Really like the new content but it´s hard to cope with old bugs. The game should be dificult to deal inside the quests not outside like configuration or even localization. Back in the day people said that the arrow in the map dumbed down the game, right now there are so many quests that I would love to see an arrow indicating wich instance the group is or a BIG icon in the map showing it. If it´s hard for an returning player like myself I think it would be impossible for new players to find a quest. Make a test, put any gamer that don´t know ddo to find 2 quests in diferent áreas without asking questions and Reading the wiki, I bet woult take longer than to finish a raid or an R10 slavers.

Also would be great that the game have a starting preset configuration for calibrated monitors, sound configurations and UI. I bet all players would prefer an UI scaling than any new content, the player base is getting older and our eyes can´t read so well. I have to get close to a 40" tv in order to be able to read something and took me almost two weeks to configure it more or less well. Why would any new player come to ddo to spend all this time only to have a glimpse of what it´s about when it can grab other D&D games and just plug and play to have a good time? so... just try to think as a new player, try to grab 50 random gamers to follow their user experience and work on that for further updates.
    Last edited by blarhblarhblarh; 01-28-2020 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spell check

What ? : Oldclasses and races brought up to a better place. Additionally New and improved versions of old classes and new monstrous and aberrant races put to DDO shop.

Why ? : All games keep losing players. New players also need more options to play around. To avoid the loss and to ensure new player stay in the game, the never ending cycle of caster/ranger; burst clear or die circle should be changed.

Solution: It is obvious how to balance durability and power issues but also to resummon old team and roleplay based gaming sessions.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-28-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Default this is a good start

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    What: short swords
    Why: Despite many having expanded threat, their lack of multiplier such as even longsword’s can get now with knight’s training make them a flavor trap. Ninja’s are not strong enough to justify that route and only bards seem to be able to make them handy—but a dagger with Vistani is simply better there too

Suggestions: 1) Feat: Legionaire. the weapon of the Roman Legions...how art though denigrated...I would give it superior abilities with Tower shields since the stabbing motion is fluid—eg when used with a tower shield, gain x% doublestrike or something
    2) Feat: Dimarchaemus. when using identical shortswords in each hand, give full offhand damage and +10% offhand chance. They become like fangs with even weight and honors that gladiatorial style. This will synergize with ninjas while limiting them by named weapon, eg two razorends or two envenomed blades.
    +1
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234