Community Member

Default The ever so troublesome shared bank

Hello

I think i am not the only one that has max space in shared bank. When moving from one toon to another everything goes to the end at tab 10.
    When you open again with the other char you start at tab 1 and have to click 9 times before you can access your gear.
    The solution i am proposing is somewhat simple.
    Make the tabs wrap around so you can click backwards from 1 to 10.
    I am not sure how difficult this will be to implement, but i am hoping it is not too complicated.

This would save me 9 clicks everytime.

What do you think?
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Hello

I think i am not the only one that has max space in shared bank. When moving from one toon to another everything goes to the end at tab 10.
    When you open again with the other char you start at tab 1 and have to click 9 times before you can access your gear.
    The solution i am proposing is somewhat simple.
    Make the tabs wrap around so you can click backwards from 1 to 10.
    I am not sure how difficult this will be to implement, but i am hoping it is not too complicated.

This would save me 9 clicks everytime.

What do you think?
    It was asked for when they went to the tab based system..
    and the bag deposit box too..

I can only guess they don't think its a fix worth doing since all we got was ignored and years of uncomfortable silence..
    After a while it sure gets to feel like they don't care about about player quality of life fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ~snip~ a whole thread of gripes from back in the day~Snip to the relevant part~
    ~Bank Storage - consolidate and replace all interfaces with the AH style interface.. sort, search, filters... the whole system needs to be better.
    ~Banking -all of them.. change deposit order display.. when I put an item in it goes to the last spot several pages in.. reverse the order.. what I put in should show first on the front page. save me flipping pages..
    ~TR Cache.. doesn't need to open when I open the bank.. wasted resources loading.. also.. search/sort/filter... AH style...

~snip.. a bunch of other stuff which may or may not be still relevant.. it is a 2016 thread after all~
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Bank/Crafting Storage - change the display order when we deposit things into the bank and bag storage box..

Please resort the list so when I put something into the bank it shows up in the first position of the first page... not the last position of the last page..
    It is moronic that we have to constantly flip pages to the end page to see our most recent activity.
    ..total waste of resource loading and time...

Currently I have all the storage upgrades purchased from the DDO Store.
    220 Shared bank slots... we can see 25 items/tab.. so a full shared bank is 9 tabs to flip through to get to the most recent item you just put in.

The Crafting shared storage is much worse..
    2045 items - 45 from VIP and 8 upgrades@250each.. but same per tab view limitation of 25/tab...
    Many items do not stack or stack poorly related to bags since it is based on Inventory stacks not bag stacks)
    so... 82 tabs.. of flipping.. to see the recent additions while flipping past all the old [expletive]

and the display is broken in that once you get over 1,000 items of xx the limit gets pushed off the display screen.

and yeah we can do a simplistic filter.. assuming you can remember enough of it to narrow it down for a singular item.. doesn't help much when you move multiple items.
    Especially when a simple implementation from Dev's to change it so that the last thing you put in goes to the first spot of the first tab instead of the last spot in the last tab.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-09-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Community Member

That is really a shame.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Community Member

Being able to Search / sort / filter the shared bank like you can the auction house would be absolutely wonderful. Specifically filter by level range.

Being able to do the same with toon inventory, character bank and tr cache as well sure would be nice.

Since it is a common practice to add toons whose sole purpose is to be a bank, how about this. Add option to use up a character slot that increases shared bank space by the same amount of space that a new character has. QoL would improve, and you can still sell additional character slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_of_Power View Post
    Being able to Search / sort / filter the shared bank like you can the auction house would be absolutely wonderful. Specifically filter by level range.

Being able to do the same with toon inventory, character bank and tr cache as well sure would be nice.

Since it is a common practice to add toons whose sole purpose is to be a bank, how about this. Add option to use up a character slot that increases shared bank space by the same amount of space that a new character has. QoL would improve, and you can still sell additional character slots.
    I have 40ish alt pack mules I would feed to the sentient bank space...
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_of_Power View Post
    WORDS WORDS WORDS Add option to use up a character slot that increases shared bank space by the same amount of space that a new character has. QoL would improve, and you can still sell additional character slots. WORDS WORDS WORDS
    Boy howdy, dyu know many people would be buyin' Character Slots? I'd be convertin my Bank mules in a snap!
    I might be addicted to pack design!